Best colors for New England environment

the guy in the video did a great job on his rifle. I think the result is fantastic.

But you can buy these already done...

and on many different patterns and colors.

“Best camo colors for New England” changes frequently throughout the year. But multicam colors are a good compromise that can be accented with snow camo wrap occasionally.

...or you could always just glop it on, Rhody-style...

Although that's "Rhody" as in Rhodesia, not Rhode Island. But still...

Brushstroke is a good color selection for New England, including RI, but Mark Graham is currently not selling the Rhodesian paint kit because he's having issues getting the mixture right.

I generally don't recommend wearing Brushstroke because its gotten to the point where it only appears in expensive reproduction form and isn't available for say plate carriers or modern backpacks. That being said, I have two pair of Brushstroke cargo shorts coming that I specifically bought for wearing at matches (the short shorts lack belt loops).

This thread has me thinking, I might want to do a gun in modern Russian fighter camo.

Sukhoi_Design_Bureau,_054,_Sukhoi_Su-57_(49581303977).jpg
AC7_Su-37_Loading_Screen_Flyby.png
web12-2017-3-pakfa-at-maks-2017.jpg

Remember how Ralphie's gift-wrapped BB gun
was hidden in semi-plain sight athwart the desk?

Imagine Boris's Shovel AK being leaned muzzle-down
in a stack of garden tools...
[rofl]

the camo really didn't break up her outline
images

it would be kind of funny to see this rifle on tv being pulled off the corpse of a dude who got killed in a shootout after he zapped three or four of the ATF hessians.
FTFY.

lean that thing up against one of those trees 20' away and lets see how well that tape works....... basically you need to match what your wearing WHEN you think you need camouflage. They might not see your gun but those jeans will stand out for miles...lol
Don't over think it dude, if you think you NEED to wear camo, THEY likely already have a stack outside your front door.

i would stay away from red and blue, and probably white colors. otherwise some turkey hunter might send some lead your way

It's time people face reality. In case of a wet dream-NES-jerkoff insurrection/go time, your best camouflage will be to look like everybody else. Nobody is gonna chase you through the woods. If it happened, the fight will take place in urban environment, so your best camo will be jeans, T-shirt and a jacket of some sort.
If your favorite fantasy is the "wolverines" bullshit, I think I saw a map of the US that showed the most appropriate camo for your region, and I think I remember New England and most wooded states were Flecktarn.

It's time people face reality. In case of a wet dream-NES-jerkoff insurrection/go time, your best camouflage will be to look like everybody else. Nobody is gonna chase you through the woods. If it happened, the fight will take place in urban environment, so your best camo will be jeans, T-shirt and a jacket of some sort.
If your favorite fantasy is the "wolverines" bullshit, I think I saw a map of the US that showed the most appropriate camo for your region, and I think I remember New England and most wooded states were Flecktarn.

"You're no fun, y'know?"

-Bob Lee Swagger

SmartSelect_20210101-102024_Gallery.jpg

"You're no fun, y'know?"

-Bob Lee Swagger
So I've been told by... Kinda everybody I know. I think you know what my job in the forces was. Camo was kind of a big deal there. And that's exactly what I'm getting at: blending in. Much good will that brushstroke Flecktarn multi rap do you on Martin Luther King bvd (see what I did there?). Common sense and a few rubber bands, and you got all the rifle camo you need all around you.

So I've been told by... Kinda everybody I know. I think you know what my job in the forces was. Camo was kind of a big deal there. And that's exactly what I'm getting at: blending in. Much good will that brushstroke Flecktarn multi rap do you on Martin Luther King bvd (see what I did there?). Common sense and a few rubber bands, and you got all the rifle camo you need all around you.

I'm totally gonna cut up a BUFU shirt and wrap my rifle in it when I have to do urban ops on MLK BVD.

B-B-B-But then how will I justify my participation in this thread?

/sarc

I think its important to keep in mind that not everyone has the same definition of "New England." There's some pretty wide open spaces in New Hampshire north of Franconia Notch and most of the area of Vermont and Maine is very sparsely populated. Parts of Western Mass, Western and Southern RI, and CT are also truly rural rather than suburbs.

I agree that stuff like camo-painting a rifle is largely LARPing. That being said, a rifle does need some sort of finish and a camo dip or Cerakote works fine as a finish.

If the OP really has an interest in camouflage and blending into an environment, he should spend some time learning fieldcraft skills. How many people can move quietly through any environment and use a compass to navigate?

Looking to do a custom paint job on some of my guns but can’t decide on the best color scheme for our environment. I’m in western mass so more wooded than Boston but still plenty of urban in the mix.

then I begin thinking, do you paint for all seasons or just one, can you even really effectively paint an all season color scheme living In this area?
You don't have a separate gun for every season ?

Back
Top Bottom