Cambridge Police Seize Cache of Firearms, Parts and Ammunition; Arrest Suspect

So, how does a USPS investigation get started in a case like this? Does a mailman get suspicious about "too many" Brownells packages to an address and report it to an inspector, or does USPS do mass surveillance? They certainly have the capability.

I'm going to guess a postal inspector got tipped off, although it is curious that if this is the case, why isn't this a Federal investigation? The other possibility is it was such, and they figured out they had nothing on him to actually get a fed indictment that was worth anything- so they dumped the "OMG GHOST GUNZ" stuff right in CPD's lap.

ETA: I'm also going to guess there might be a certain level of commie "cuz terrorism" sensitivity here too, Cambridge is the hometown of flashbang and speedbump. A ton of packages from gun companies might raise an eyebrow. This ain't like central MA where you walk into the post office and the clerk smiles and says "oh hey its the bullet guy!" and they're grateful you came by to pick up your flat rate box with 68 pounds of bullets in it.... [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
USPS already takes pictures of every piece of mail that goes through their system. Wouldn’t take much to turn that into a database if they haven’t done so already.

They have rats....I mean eyes everywhere....

The investigation began in early July 2018 after the Cambridge Police Department were notified by the United States Postal Inspection Services of suspicious activity occurring at Devine’s 43 Seven Pines Avenue residence. During the course of the investigation, it was determined that more than 75 packages worth more than $26,000 were delivered to Devine, including a complete AR-15 build kit and a milling machine, with return addresses primarily originating from gun and weapon companies. The gun parts were purchased online, distributed through the mail and assembled into untraceable complete firearms. Devine did not have a license to carry.

On Tuesday afternoon, the Cambridge Police executed search warrants on Devine’s residence and a family member’s Gold Star Road residence. After thoroughly searching both locations, the Cambridge Police seized a number of items, including the following:

• 25 illegal firearms
  • 3 unregistered assault rifles - I thought we didn't have a gun registry....
  • Parts to make dozens of additional illegal firearms
  • Hundreds of rounds of ammunition
  • 5 bullet proof vests and other body armor
  • Milling machines

How are unassembled gun parts, bullet proof vests or milling machines illegal?

If you buy into the idea that the state can require you to have a license to own guns, I guess they have him on the 28 guns and the ammo.

Note the article doesn't mention the term ghost gun (perhaps because they sound like idiots when they do?) but they're clearly talking about 80% lowers.

Also is he from here?
Did he move here for work, and brought his shit with him not thinking it's Mass...durr gunz. And is now f***ed for life.

I give that about a 60% chance. You would be surprised at the number of people that move here with stuff and either don't know or don't seem to
be paying attention. MA (and other commie states) are NOT NORMAL wrt guns, and many new people don't get that. Many years ago I ran into a guy at a gun club in MA who had just gotten his club membership (and this was a tiny club that didn't require an LTC) and he had moved here from out of state. Decent guy, but somehow or another in the middle of the conversation with me and another member an LTC came up (no, it wasn't like we "carded" him, we were talking about buying guns or ammo or something) and it turned out that he said he didn't have one. He was completely shocked at the laws and at the fact that it was even required, and we were like "dude just do yourself a favor and go apply for an LTC, lock your stuff up and don't take it out of your new house again until you get one, you're playing with serious fire. If you need a BFS cert the PD might know an instructor or gun shop X certainly knows one that can help you. Also... you never brought your guns here today. " Of course it also didn't help him that the first gun shop he walked into in MA actually sold him ammo without carding him, which I was surprised at, so that kept him from figuring out what the hell was going on a lot earlier...

-Mike

I'm sure my mailman wonders what he's delivering when I buy 3k 9mm bullets or thousands of pieces of brass etc. Of course I'm licensed so it's not a problem.

I wonder if one of the manufacturers tipped off the USPS,or was it his letter carrier getting tired of delivering packages,so he reports them as suspicious in an attempt to not have to deliver them anymore.

I can see his carrier coming in to work and starting to sort his packages for the day and getting pissed at the amount he has to deliver.Sees the return address and reports them to his supervisor as suspicious.

I'm not a big glock guy but are these the P80 kits?

Most of what I see is various P80 frames. He's got several thousand dollars in P80 guns there. Wow. Might just like working them. Or he ordered 500 of them at some point and this is hte last 30 and the rest are "on the street."

Next time I see a P80 sale, I'm just going to buy 3-4 of them. Just'b'cuz. Or to quote Good Will Hunting, "Because F U. That's why."

Just checked. $125 at Brownell's right now. $10 off 100, $20 off 200, $30 off 300. So $115 after discounts. Even better than their $120 sale prices a week or two ago.

I seen that and one word came to mind after looking at his pictures,probably illegal to say on here but I'm willing to bet he was selling guns to his homies in da hood.

I wasn't even thinking of that, although I guess it's a possibility.

He posted four times ever. Twice on Jan 8 and twice on July 3rd. Yet he has over 200 friends. I have like five friends on facebook and two of them are me. (alternate accounts - long story)

On the other matter... The scare stories of 3d printed or 80% guns making it easy for gangs to get guns seem to have died down a little. And now a relatively new account shows up on fb complete with a big following and the owner get's investigated just a couple of months after he started the account, then arrested... It just seems odd. Maybe it's just the sneaker pics creeping me out.

It all makes one wonder if it just "happened" or if it had a little guidance.

Most of what I see is various P80 frames. He's got several thousand dollars in P80 guns there. Wow. Might just like working them. Or he ordered 500 of them at some point and this is hte last 30 and the rest are "on the street."

Next time I see a P80 sale, I'm just going to buy 3-4 of them. Just'b'cuz. Or to quote Good Will Hunting, "Because F U. That's why."

I've got half a dozen 80% lowers that I haven't started yet, with definite plans for two of them when I get around to it. The other four and the AR-10 lower? I don't know. Got another P80 that I haven't touched yet, just sitting there. Why do I have them without specific plans? Because I live in Georgia and not Connecticut. Because FU. Exactly. That's why.

I wasn't even thinking of that, although I guess it's a possibility.

He posted four times ever. Twice on Jan 8 and twice on July 3rd. Yet he has over 200 friends. I have like five friends on facebook and two of them are me. (alternate accounts - long story)

On the other matter... The scare stories of 3d printed or 80% guns making it easy for gangs to get guns seem to have died down a little. And now a relatively new account shows up on fb complete with a big following and the owner get's investigated just a couple of months after he started the account, then arrested... It just seems odd. Maybe it's just the sneaker pics creeping me out.

It all makes one wonder if it just "happened" or if it had a little guidance.

I think if it's what your suggesting,there would have been at least least one political pic and maybe a 'like' of some gun maker or right wing group.

Hell,my Facebook account was started not long after Facebook went live.I think I have made 2 posts on there thanking people for wishing me happy birthday on my fake Facebook birthdate.Im also a female born in 1970 lol

Wait, I thought you could make a weapon of this sort legally if you did not give them away or sell them ?

The AMMO is a different story, at least in Assachusetts.

While I imagine he may very well have been wearing body armor sitting at his computer ordering parts and assembling lowers, this charge still seems like a bit of a stretch. No?
You have to remember Leo training is as many charges they can dream of.
This guy obviously broke laws, you can’t live in Cambridge and not know guns are BAD. I think it’s BS though that the USPO has the balls to say hey this guy bought stuff from gun suppliers.
I will gander someone at the PO knows. The guy and knew he was up to something. I would love to know what he spent $26k on and did he use his EBT card

Back
Top Bottom