CALL THE MIDDLESEX DA and tell them you want Medford Det Stephen Lebert investigated

I used to live within walking distance (Fulton St. and High St), from the rotary and where the guy got pulled over...

I have guess about what happened.

Victim was driving west on Rt 60 - High St heading towards the rotary.

He got confused and started heading down the wrong way on Cross St. (A).

Realized he ****ed up, turned around and got into the rotary.

Sgt Hot Head was probably getting off duty at the police station (C), blew a gasket when he saw what happened, chased him down and
finally pulled over at the corner of Main St.(B).

koOe7Xc.jpg

He was driving west down 60. There is a rotary about 1/4th of a mile behind where he was (the one you have to go through to get to medford high).

Anyway, the medford PD has been real rough for a long time. real rough.

He was driving west down 60. There is a rotary about 1/4th of a mile behind where he was (the one you have to go through to get to medford high).

Anyway, the medford PD has been real rough for a long time. real rough.
This is the one they just did all that construction on? Five way intersection?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yeah.. there's even directions for women (and men, presumably) who attempt to get stopped by unmarked cruisers to not pull over, and either call 911 or drive directly to local PD. Hear stories of women getting pulled over by creeps posing as PD then getting assaulted.

My wife understands that she is never to stop for an unmarked car. I asked her what she'd have done in this situation and she said, she'd probably have put the AWD and 3 litre v6 turbo in her car to good use.
The only reason I'm glad that the victim didn't run over that thug is it would have brought a whole 5hitstorm down on the victim.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND.

CALL THE DA. PHONE NUMBER IN THE OP.

I used to live within walking distance (Fulton St. and High St), from the rotary and where the guy got pulled over...

I have guess about what happened.

Victim was driving west on Rt 60 - High St heading towards the rotary.

He got confused and started heading down the wrong way on Cross St. (A).

Realized he ****ed up, turned around and got into the rotary.

Sgt Hot Head was probably getting off duty at the police station (C), blew a gasket when he saw what happened, chased him down and
finally pulled over at the corner of Main St.(B).

koOe7Xc.jpg

Looks like he's coming from the other direction...down High St. into the square from the direction of the High School. He's facing the Citizen's Bank in the video.

So he probably drove straight across Winthrop St onto High St instead of ducking around the rotary as if he was heading toward Memorial Park.

Looks like he's coming from the other direction...down High St. into the square from the direction of the High School. He's facing the Citizen's Bank in the video.

So he probably drove straight across Winthrop St onto High St instead of ducking around the rotary as if he was heading toward Memorial Park.

correct. the 38 and 60 rotary directly behind where he is in this video is a confusing one to people not from the area. Only rotary I know of thats on a hill [rofl]

Been through that rotary many times, it is not immediately clear that it's a rotary especially from
certain streets and as someone unfamiliar with the area. My first 2 times through there I had to stop completely and survey the area to figure it out late night while there was no other traffic around. Pretty sure I almost messed it up once and my buddy who lives over by tufts helped me out the first time.

edit: I will be placing my call to the DA after work.

correct. the 38 and 60 rotary directly behind where he is in this video is a confusing one to people not from the area. Only rotary I know of thats on a hill [rofl]

I've almost gone ass backwards on it too on my motorcycle. Going north on 38 to west on 60...it's really awkward to have to go all the way around the rotary instead of just banging left

I guess the state needs to investigate this if the town won't do anything. Whoever gets video of this idiot should just send it to the news. Sooner or later something will be done.

I guess the state needs to investigate this if the town won't do anything. Whoever gets video of this idiot should just send it to the news. Sooner or later something will be done.

yeah, just like sooner or later someone will lock up lois lerner, or ask for Hillary's server........oh wait...

yeah, just like sooner or later someone will lock up lois lerner, or ask for Hillary's server........oh wait...

I know what you are saying. But this guy started chasing the car long before he Id'd himself or ever reached for the badge. his badge should have been out when he exited his truck. Plus, if he could call for a cruiser from the side of the road he could have called for one before he stopped the guy. Then he threatened t shoot the guy all before he id'd himself. He is lucky the guy just didn't use him as a speed bump. As stupid as they are Lerner and Clinton aren't creating dangerous road situations. Anyway, this guy needs to go before he gets himself or someone else killed..Talk about an inflated ego....

I stand corrected, he is coming from that direction.

It's not even much of a rotary compared to the one that gets you onto Rt 93 with cars traveling at faster speeds.

There wasn't even any reason for him to engage the victim. He was not an imminent threat to anyone. The cop could have just called it in.

Don

Most of the cops I know wouldn't have even done that if they were off duty.

I stand corrected, he is coming from that direction.

It's not even much of a rotary compared to the one that gets you onto Rt 93 with cars traveling at faster speeds.

Most of the cops I know wouldn't have even done that if they were off duty.

even most on duty cops would have left him alone after he gave his perfectly reasonable explanation. Probably one of the quickest and easiest traffic stops with no need to even write it up for most normal cops.

I suspect the part about the Medford chief being in his position for 20+ years is apart of the problem in regards to the Medford police being 3rd world rate for the past 20+ years.

Also, if this was at the "rotary" thats a block up from rt16 closer to Arlington and not the more traditional type of rotary at 93, I was pulled over there in the early 90's when I was a kid. I was in a work truck and was aware the cruiser was behind me. At the time, the "rotary" was just a tiny traffic island that was sort of oddly off to one side, iirc. Got lit up and ticketed for driving on the wrong side of a rotary. It was partly my inexperience behind the wheel, but it was a goofy set up and to be honest I didnt really know it was even a rotary. Its been re-done since so its harder to do what I did.

Good thing the legislature made sure special guys like this are AW ban exempt including when retired.[rolleyes]

I've almost gone ass backwards on it too on my motorcycle. Going north on 38 to west on 60...it's really awkward to have to go all the way around the rotary instead of just banging left

I just looked this up on Mapquest and it is the rotary I mentioned in my earlier post. Looking at the satellite pic now at least theres something round in the middle. Back in the day, there was just some little cigar shaped island there, iirc. I was traveling west on 60 and just sort of kept going straight rather than around.

By the way, has anyone mentioned that the driver ("victim") actually says at the beginning "Hey, Yo...you wanna fight buddy?"

He was asking a question. He didnt know if the officer wanted to talk to him, fight him, or kill him. The officer gave him an answer.

There wasn't even any reason for him to engage the victim. ... The cop could have just called it in.

Yup.

... Most of the cops I know wouldn't have even done that if they were off duty.

Yup again.

even most on duty cops would have left him alone after he gave his perfectly reasonable explanation. Probably one of the quickest and easiest traffic stops with no need to even write it up for most normal cops.

Yup hat trick.

I suspect the part about the Medford chief being in his position for 20+ years is apart of the problem in regards to the Medford police being 3rd world rate for the past 20+ years.

They both (the cop and chief) need to be removed from their positions, and lose any retirement.

Imagine if the guy was black?

Good thing the legislature made sure special guys like this are AW ban exempt including when retired.[rolleyes]

exempt from MA and US law

administrative leave = a week or two of taxpayer funded vacation, and he'll be back on the job once it blows over, not to be heard from again - until the next time

+1 for you, -1 for Medford and their chief!

He was asking a question. He didnt know if the officer wanted to talk to him, fight him, or kill him. The officer gave him an answer.

+1, funny.

I AM NOT DEFENDING THIS COP'S ACTIONS

I've heard some stories about this cop from people's encounters with him in the past. From what I've been told by people who've dealt with him, he's not a bad guy. He doesn't know when to turn on / off the "angry cop" attitude. He's more bark than bite. He's the type that will take your beer, scream at you, and send you on your way (at least before all the cameras).

I AM NOT DEFENDING THIS COP'S ACTIONS

I've heard some stories about this cop from people's encounters with him in the past. From what I've been told by people who've dealt with him, he's not a bad guy. He doesn't know when to turn on / off the "angry cop" attitude. He's more bark than bite. He's the type that will take your beer, scream at you, and send you on your way (at least before all the cameras).

If he is going to scream at you for drinking in public or being underage when drinking, ten he really has no duty being a police officer. That would be a nice lack of control right there, and if anything, I would like to see the police officers my tax money pays be able to control themselves.

Back
Top Bottom