CALL THE MIDDLESEX DA and tell them you want Medford Det Stephen Lebert investigated

I'm a bit confused. Is this the rotary at the intersection of Rt 60 (High Street) and Winthrop Street or the rotary at the intersection of Rt 60 and Rt 93 on the other side of the square? In any case, neither rotary is anywhere near the Police Station.

SERIOUSLY.

I didn't want to start a dup thread, which this has become.

NOW CALL THE DA - Phone number in the OP.

Few people are dumping on the uniform for writing such a silly violation - one that's easily dismissable when the driver appeals it and has an audience with the courts to tell his entire story.

Barney version - that silly V that will probably be dismissed gets the entire incident in front of a magistrate and/or judge.

OK, so this made CNN as well as just about every news outlet. If this guy is not gone, we are truly screwed.

On another note.

If I was in charge of Best Buy, I would have a HUGE sale on dash cams while this story is still hot.

OK, so this made CNN as well as just about every news outlet. If this guy is not gone, we are truly screwed.

On another note.

If I was in charge of Best Buy, I would jack up the price sky high on dash cams while this story is still hot.

fify

I'm a bit confused. Is this the rotary at the intersection of Rt 60 (High Street) and Winthrop Street or the rotary at the intersection of Rt 60 and Rt 93 on the other side of the square? In any case, neither rotary is anywhere near the Police Station.

High/60/Winthrop. It can be a little effed up driving through there, especially at night if you're not from the area and/or drive it frequently, etc...But you can say that about all rotaries. If the driver were a 75 year old woman? Officer Lejerk would have just shook his head and said WTF....Or a hot blonde half his age? He would have given her the "stern lecture" while puffing his chest in his handsome wifebeater...

so, don't the state police investigate these sort of things, just because you can NOT trust the local PD to investigate their own?

honestly, what the cop, sorry...detective, did is bullshit. But we've seen so MUCH worse from cops that this really doesn't phase me. Over-reaction by the detective? absolutely!

But when I heard the story, I expected the driver to have been dragged out of his car and pistol whipped. Threatened and yelled at is just everyday police work, and the reality is that his actions aren't that much different than the "average meathead" in Medford, with apologies to those from Medford that aren't the stereotypical meathead.

I have had just about the same in Boston, hell, in Haverhill quite a few years ago I had a cop come at me head on with his high beams on! Wife and I though we were gonna die (didn't know it was a cop yet) Very small road, no place to go. He jumps out and starts yelling at me "what are you doing up here (Winnekenni castle) our group had rented it for the night.

I was so pissed, I yell at him DO YOU HAVE BLUE LIGHTS ON THAT THING?!!! he says yes, so that's how you stop someone instead of using them!? I said F&^K'N use them instead of scaring the crap out of us!. He got back in his cruiser and left.

This was before everyone and their dog had a cell phone, otherwise I would have called the station. I didn't know where it was at the time (the PD station), didn't know Haverhill at all, so we went home, pissed off.

He was asking a question. He didnt know if the officer wanted to talk to him, fight him, or kill him. The officer gave him an answer.
Yep, but just wondering if this maggot cop will use the driver's words for his "defense", have his Union say the driver had threatened the good civil servant previously and that "in the urge to protect and serve the community, our union brother attempted a citizens arrest and..." (blah blah)

I AM NOT DEFENDING THIS COP'S ACTIONS

I've heard some stories about this cop from people's encounters with him in the past. From what I've been told by people who've dealt with him, he's not a bad guy. He doesn't know when to turn on / off the "angry cop" attitude. He's more bark than bite. He's the type that will take your beer, scream at you, and send you on your way (at least before all the cameras).

He's not a bad guy. He just can't control himself and threatens to beat up and murder people. Logic not even once.

The driver was obviously belligerent from the start. He blasted through a rotary the wrong way, nearly killing at least two people then tried to instigate a fist fight. He only backed down when the Detective identified himself as law enforcement. He was obviously about to take off when the Detective impeded him enough to allow backup to arrive.

And STILL they let him off with just a ticket.

THAT, people, is real professionalism.

I
honestly, what the cop, sorry...detective, did is bullshit. But we've seen so MUCH worse from cops that this really doesn't phase me. Over-reaction by the detective? absolutely!

But when I heard the story, I expected the driver to have been dragged out of his car and pistol whipped. Threatened and yelled at is just everyday police work, and the reality is that his actions aren't that much different than the "average meathead" in Medford, with apologies to those from Medford that aren't the stereotypical meathead.

No offense taken, although I think someone wore that exact outfit to my senior prom.

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when you're expecting a guy to get dragged out of his car, beaten tazed and shot when he has an interaction with police?

The driver was obviously belligerent from the start. He blasted through a rotary the wrong way, nearly killing at least two people then tried to instigate a fist fight. He only backed down when the Detective identified himself as law enforcement. He was obviously about to take off when the Detective impeded him enough to allow backup to arrive.

Threatening the use of deadly force over a traffic violation is now "real professionalism"?

I see cops break traffic laws all the time. Should we try the same and see how it ends? I dont think so.

while I continue to see black lives matter for the bullshit that it is, its cases like this that elevate and even justify hatred towards cops in this country. The fact that his termination has not been announced along with a formal apology from the MPD is both disgusting and astounding.

THIS is something worth protesting. THIS is something that should not be allowed to stand and if the MPD doesn't have the BALLS to fire this shit****ing shitstain on the ass of humanity, the whole LOT of them need to be shitcanned and the city should be patrolled by the sheriff's office and or state police until such time as they can get replacement cops in place.

This is utter and complete bullshit. The driver was well within his ****ing rights to not only back away from him, but to flee the scene as what Lebert did was terroristic in nature. **** him. **** the MPD. **** any cop apologist badgesucking nitwit who asks in the comments at CVB "well why did the driver have a dashcam on in the first place" or "you don't know what happened BEFORE this went down."

No. Bullshit and I am going to slap your mother for bearing you for such thinking. What this cop did was egregious as hell, regardless of the traffic infraction. No human being should be treated in this manner over a ****ING mistake. Just because your daddy and uncle are cops doesn't mean you're fit to uphold the law or worse, make your own as you go along and see fit.

****ing punk. My grandfather would be turning in his ****ing grave if he could see this.

- - - Updated - - -

Id have taken off too, having seen some ****ing juicehead out of uniform. Even if I saw the badge - **** that, his demeanor was ANYTHING but how I'd expect a cop, even an angry one, to behave.

Please tell me where the driver was belligerent? All I heard was someone barely keeping from shitting in his car seat.

If someone jumps out of a pickup truck at night wearing shorts and a t-shirt and starts moving aggressively towards my car I'm just driving away quickly. That video made it look like he was grabbing a gun when he was getting his badge too. There's nothing about that situation that would make me think that was a legitimate traffic stop. Let's call it what it is: a road rage incident involving a person who happened to have a badge.

namedpipes wants to know if you two understand sarcasm or not? lol

Threatening the use of deadly force over a traffic violation is now "real professionalism"?

I see cops break traffic laws all the time. Should we try the same and see how it ends? I dont think so.

while I continue to see black lives matter for the bullshit that it is, its cases like this that elevate and even justify hatred towards cops in this country. The fact that his termination has not been announced along with a formal apology from the MPD is both disgusting and astounding.

THIS is something worth protesting. THIS is something that should not be allowed to stand and if the MPD doesn't have the BALLS to fire this shit****ing shitstain on the ass of humanity, the whole LOT of them need to be shitcanned and the city should be patrolled by the sheriff's office and or state police until such time as they can get replacement cops in place.

This is utter and complete bullshit. The driver was well within his ****ing rights to not only back away from him, but to flee the scene as what Lebert did was terroristic in nature. **** him. **** the MPD. **** any cop apologist badgesucking nitwit who asks in the comments at CVB "well why did the driver have a dashcam on in the first place" or "you don't know what happened BEFORE this went down."

No. Bullshit and I am going to slap your mother for bearing you for such thinking. What this cop did was egregious as hell, regardless of the traffic infraction. No human being should be treated in this manner over a ****ING mistake. Just because your daddy and uncle are cops doesn't mean you're fit to uphold the law or worse, make your own as you go along and see fit.

****ing punk. My grandfather would be turning in his ****ing grave if he could see this.

- - - Updated - - -

Id have taken off too, having seen some ****ing juicehead out of uniform. Even if I saw the badge - **** that, his demeanor was ANYTHING but how I'd expect a cop, even an angry one, to behave.

Please tell me where the driver was belligerent? All I heard was someone barely keeping from shitting in his car seat.

sorry. too much caffeine and I just got off the phone with an idiot cousin I'm seeing this weekend for a family event. he's a boston cop who is insisting I don't know the whole story and that I don't know what its like to wear the badge....so I cut him off and saying "all that's important is that Lebert made it home safe, right Captain America?"

he hung up.

sorry. my bad. sarcasm detector stuck.

I just never dreamed anyone would take my absurd comment at face value! [laugh]

so, don't the state police investigate these sort of things, just because you can NOT trust the local PD to investigate their own?

You can't trust ANYONE in blue to investigate ANYONE ELSE in blue. They're all thick as thieves.

What you need is a large contingent of concerned citizens to show up at the ****ers house with pitchforks, drag him out into the street and beat the **** out of him.

I need to find a way that in the event I'm charged with a crime, I am allowed to investigate the case internally and if I find wrongdoing, send myself home for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom