• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California's "High Capacity" Magazine Ban Overturned!

I think we are going to be seeing this language, or similar language in court decisions all over the country with increasing frequency

"
The court of appeals, in turn,
remanded the case to this Court “for further proceedings consistent with New York State
Rifle & Pistol Ass’n, Inc. v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022).

Will this affect MA before pigs fly? I say no….
Exactly. This applies to California laws...Beacon Hill doesn't care about that. And it's assumed the appeal will go the way the video suggests...I hope he's right, but I'm not convinced. My hope is that perhaps another judge will hear similar here and rule similarly.

RI's limit was heard...no problem...Public safety was cited...totally flew in the face of SCOTUS. Still have a mag limit of 10 until someone decides otherwise and prolly will until I'm collecting SSI.

Will this eventually help MA or give us a “Freedom Week”?
I can’t believe F’ing CA is becoming more “2A friendly” than MA!!
That’s saying A LOT of this sh1thole state with 2A!!

Last edited:
It's ironic that this case decision was released today, the same day Brandon signed an EO creating the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention that he appointed Kamal Toes Harris to lead. Brandon thinks this office was the beginning of the end for AR15-style rifles. Since Kamal Toes did absolutely nothing when she was appointed as the Border Czar, expect nothing from her as the Gun Prevention czar. She abhors hard work. All she can do is focus on the criminal element and not law-abiding citizens without hitting constitutional obstacles.

Both the Bruen case and now this Duncan case will make it very difficult for MA legislators and its HD.4420 bill to enact. Will it stop them from trying? No, but the odds are stacked against them to succeed!

Given that it was the same judge who struck it down pre NYSRPA, this was 100% expected.

What happens next is the decision gets stayed pending appeal to the 9th circuit. It then goes through at least one, but more likely two rounds of appellate decisions. Only if it makes it to the Supreme Court would it apply to Mass.

Exactly. This applies to California laws...Beacon Hill doesn't care about that. And it's assumed the appeal will go the way the video suggests...I hope he's right, but I'm not convinced. My hope is that perhaps another judge will hear similar here and rule similarly.

RI's limit was heard...no problem...Public safety was cited...totally flew in the face of SCOTUS. Still have a mag limit of 10 until someone decides otherwise and prolly will until I'm collecting SSI.
Has anything happened with the RI appeal since the 11th?

Oh, but Biden just put Kababalah in charge as the new gun control czar. Since then the Face Plant page for the White House has been anti gun and ban assault stuff.
Wonder if shell do as good as she did stopping invaders the S. Border.

iu

iu

iu

Since this decision was on remand from SCOTUS back down through the 9CA and to Judge Benitez, it should send a message to other Circuit Courts of how they should decide appeals from District courts.

Like the other dry underwear posters in this thread, I see this as a solid win. MA and other states are going to be dragged kicking and screaming into line.

Bruen just keeps delivering.
I'm hopeful that all these wins nationally get shoved up the ass of those in Boston when GOAL, etc are reminding them of their comrades bad luck.

Although the state will spend billions and decades fighting it.
Because that's what heroes do! (Hi Marsha!)
/Sarc

Oh, but Biden just put Kababalah in charge as the new gun control czar. Since then the Face Plant page for the White House has been anti gun and ban assault stuff.
Wonder if shell do as good as she did stopping invaders the S. Border.

His people know she's toxic. They put her in charge of all the losing efforts.

Throwing her under the bus as Gun Czar is, I think, a clear sign of where they think this is all going. If they meant to actually succeed in their infringements, she's the last person they'd put in charge. They would never want her to get the win.

Throwing her under the bus as Gun Czar is, I think, a clear sign of where they think this is all going. If they meant to actually succeed in their infringements, she's the last person they'd put in charge. They would never want her to get the win.
Kamaltoe will sit and shut her mouth. These are the directors that lead the effort.

Stefanie Feldman, a longtime Biden adviser on gun policy, will serve as director of the office, and Greg Jackson and Rob Wilcox, who have led national prevention efforts through the Community Justice Action Fund and Everytown for Gun Safety, respectively will be deputy directors.

Yup. Federal level gun control efforts are effectively lip service to the base.

Yup. Federal level gun control efforts are effectively lip service to the base.
Except when the regime decides to blatantly ignore all legal constraints and exercises raw power. I wouldn’t put it past the puppet masters to declare an emergency and flat out ignore the constitution, congress and the courts.

Back
Top Bottom