CAA Micro Roni Stab

Shawnyc

NES Member
Last edited:
Got a link or description? It sounds like something to eat macaroni and cheese, but I could be wrong.

I'm also too lazy to google it, since it's your question.

It's a....................................... Well I'm not sure what to call it exactly or what it is supposed to do. [thinking]

https://usa.caagearup.com/roni-stabilizer-stab

To me at least, it looks like a tax free way to have a sbr carbine with the reliability of a Glock. Accuracy will be the same obviously as the firearm remains unchanged. But the ability to fire from the shoulder and mount a red dot may at the least make a fun range toy.

Looks pretty cool. Throw it in your trunk if your G19 is your concealed carry and you have a carbine at your disposal without having to deal with locking it etc as the Roni is not a firearm.

Looks pretty cool. Throw it in your trunk if your G19 is your concealed carry and you have a carbine at your disposal without having to deal with locking it etc as the Roni is not a firearm.
That's a great idea. The same could be said about the mechtech upper.

Lots of advantages to something like this (other than the price). Would love to hear from someone who has handled one.

Roni with a brace would be legal IMO in MA. Anyone dispute that?

One can bring up the 50oz weight issue, but it is no more than an attachment to the pistol. When you weigh a pistol it is the weight of the pistol, unloaded, with no accessories.

Roni with a brace would be legal IMO in MA. Anyone dispute that?
I would seriously consider buying a Glock if this thing is indeed legal in MA

One can bring up the 50oz weight issue, but it is no more than an attachment to the pistol. When you weigh a pistol it is the weight of the pistol, unloaded, with no accessories.
Even so, the weight is only 1 AWB feature. There needs to be 2 features to be considered an assault weapon, right? The reason why we can't have AR/AK pistols is because of the weight and the magazines attach outside the pistol grip (2 features)

(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
  1. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
  2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
  3. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
  4. a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
  5. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

Last edited:
I kicked around the idea of getting a PCC conversion for a pistol that would be CT compliant (seems like it would be as long as it doesn't have a folding stock or an ultra dangerous flash suppressor). Would still have the magazine capacity restriction, so not high on my list of to dos.

Is the Roni an accessory tho?

I would think so. Its a non serialized hunk of plastic that attaches to the firearm. Should be in the same category as optics or a flashlight.

I should add that my LGS has the G17 variant in stock for sale to anyone which is what got me thinking.

Last edited:
I kicked around the idea of getting a PCC conversion for a pistol that would be CT compliant (seems like it would be as long as it doesn't have a folding stock or an ultra dangerous flash suppressor). Would still have the magazine capacity restriction, so not high on my list of to dos.
If I lived in CT and already had a Glock pistol I would definitely invest in something along the PCC lines, 10 rounders or not. A sub2k would be awesome, a mechtech or a roni if you could try out all three. I'd bet each would be an adequate stand in where you couldn't have an AR.

I would think so. Its a non serialized hunk of plastic that attaches to the firearm. Should be in the same category as optics or a flashlight.

I should add that my LGS has the G17 variant in stock for sale to anyone which is what got me thinking.

What's the name of the LGS? I've been interested in getting one for awhile but want to hold one in person firsr.

To me at least, it looks like a tax free way to have a sbr carbine with the reliability of a Glock. Accuracy will be the same obviously as the firearm remains unchanged. But the ability to fire from the shoulder and mount a red dot may at the least make a fun range toy.

Bumping this...just saw these available at a LGS for $380 base $480 for souped up version...debating on picking one up for my g19...seems to be a little difference between the stab and the smaller micro version...not sure if there is an advantage to the stab

Micro RONI® Stabilizer

RONI® Stabilizer RONI-STAB

Looks like a fun range toy that gives me the ability to shoot 9mm from a shouldered position...it’s one of those things that I want to try or at least find out more about before I buy

0000923_roni-civilian-pistol-carbine-conversion-c-g2.jpeg

Why mess with the weight like this? This is way too heavy. I want to be able to pull the trigger and throw it before it explodes.

If I lived in CT and already had a Glock pistol I would definitely invest in something along the PCC lines, 10 rounders or not. A sub2k would be awesome, a mechtech or a roni if you could try out all three. I'd bet each would be an adequate stand in where you couldn't have an AR.

The Sub2k is a PITFA to get a good cheek weld on, at least for me. You have to mod the hell out of it to get it good enough to do anything. The microstab looks like it would be a nice trunk accessory though.

i have a roni (the sbr version) and truglo sights on my g19. there is no problem with fitment. i bought it because it was $130. i'm saving it for "just incase" i have sig mpx as my 9mm pistol but not a pistol range thingy.

The only purpose of this thing is so the antis can go after them (and the Glocks) when they get an AR ban.

Back
Top Bottom