• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Micro / Compact

The OP can go do his research. I won't post every measurement. The goal is to show him what is out there and give him a rough idea.

If the OP can't do his own basic research after I provided that info, it is not my problem.

Also, appreciate you calling out that I didn't post a pic from the top comparing how wide the guns are, yet you couldn't be bothered to do it yourself.

Your post is like the Karens complaining on FB, they complain too much but don't do anything to correct it.

Easy killer. It was an indictment on the g26, not you.

I'm a firm believer that every pistol practice should have some accuracy work at 50 yards min. Even if you have to use a big ass target to get your hits. It gets you used to seeing that distance.
To shoot better at 50 yds, shoot at 50, go to 100, then back to 50. 50 will seem very different after 100

Hello,

I am interested in hearing from people who have compact / micro and what they think about these.

Specifically, I would like to know you experience
- caliber? barrel length?
- it is EDC material?
- how is the recoil?
- any optics? how does it affect EDC?
- if you have more than one, can you compare the two?

Thank you
Probably already been answered, but I have a few different smaller guns. Some things will be consistent no matter what model you are looking at such as:

More weight will equal less recoil.

Barrel length is less important than handle length for concealment.

Shorter handle, less capacity.

Don’t go smaller than a .380 caliber wise. Even .380 is sketchy for self defense, but I own a couple and the small size makes them worth the money for gym carry, back up piece, etc.

For models, I’d say the biggest one I own that is still fairly easy to conceal is a Glock 19. In that size or smaller, there are a million options. 9mm is probably the best all around caliber for sub compact guns.

Man... that thing is UGLY. [laugh]

And it's in 380.
Meh, looks shouldn't be a factor in a tool you carry that could one day save your life.

But the dude should consider spending a few minutes cleaning the gun and that keyboard.

For me I think the big issue is tightening my grip as I pull the trigger, which encourages low left.
I took a class where the instructors were very big proponents of a death grip on the gun. I tried it and it worked to a degree, probably just something I needed to get used to but never did.

They had us grip until the gun started to shake and then back off slowly until it was steady. That was supposed to be the right amount of squeeze.

In fairness, they were all pretty good shots

Back
Top Bottom