CA - Man Shoots Assailants In Defense Of Wife & Child

A Rancho Cordova mother and her 1-year-old son narrowly escaped grave harm after a hail of shots erupted as the child's father exchanged gunfire, apparently trying to protect his home and family from one attacker, and possibly two.

The 3 a.m. Thursday exchange of at least six shots on the 9900 block of Palm Grove Drive left at least two men suffering gunshot wounds – one potentially life-threatening, and a third man, who sought medical attention for a gunshot wound to the leg, is also believed to be involved.

"He defended his property and his woman and his kid," said Sheriff's Department spokesman Jason Ramos. "I guess you could describe it as heroic action."

>snip<

With her toddler in the SUV, the woman, 28, arrived home around 3 a.m. and pulled her vehicle into the garage.

The Sheriff's Department working narrative describes what happened next: A man or men were either lying in wait within or followed the woman into the opened garage. She was then struck in the head with an unknown object.....

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/06/17/3707465/rancho-cordova-homeowner-shoots.html

"He defended his property and his woman and his kid," said Sheriff's Department spokesman Jason Ramos. "I guess you could describe it as heroic action."

Wow, pretty good comment coming from moonbat central CA. I guess guns are good?

Kiddies out at 3am.Shots fired.Woman drives through garage door.Just a normal day in the lives of druggies.

Now, while I agree her being out with a toddler at 3am sounds questionable, nothing in the article indicates drugs or druggies of any kind. And all 3 guys had guns and used them, so this most likely would have turned out VERY badly had the homeowner not been armed. [thumbsup]

Either way, lets not give food to either the Anti's or the War On Drugs camps, someone was attacked in their home and the homeowner defended his life and the life of his family. THAT'S IT.

One of the comments

We live pretty close maybe too close and didnt hear any of it until the law knocked on the door at 3:30am asking if we saw or heard anything it's amazing but we heard nothing.One of the guns was in the front yard and shell casings next to the sidewalk. Besides not hearing any of the gunfire we thought it kind of odd that the lady drove 3 miles or so to the CVS. meaning she would have to drive right past the Rancho Cordova Police dept. and the VA.Hospital to report being hit in the head and a shootout in her home. Just my opinion but something does not add up here.

One of the comments

Barring further information to change my mind, my first inclination is that she probably wasn't thinking clearly if she was struck hard enough on the head. I've seen plenty of strange behavior from people with head injuries during the course of my career.

Barring further information to change my mind, my first inclination is that she probably wasn't thinking clearly if she was struck hard enough on the head. I've seen plenty of strange behavior from people with head injuries during the course of my career.

+1

I love MMQBs

Ya.. assuming the commenter is even correct, after all of that going on and being hit in the head, any behavior is possible. Probably driving down the street with baby crying and yelling... oh shit oh shit oh shit.. might have taken 3-4 min to clear enough to figure out what to do.

Again though, they were faced with a deadly threat, he defended them. Period.

Kiddies out at 3am.Shots fired.Woman drives through garage door.Just a normal day in the lives of druggies.

Be careful, you can pull a hammy jumping to conclusions like that. I've had plenty of reasons and opportunities to have my kids out way past a reasonable hours. Returning from vacation, doctor's visits, getting back late from visiting relatives that live a few hours away, etc.

+1 here. I have no idea what train of thought I'd be on in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom