C&R restrictions?

C&R stuff is good to go period if you have your 03 right? Some online retailer listed at bottom of sales page (not 03 eligible in CA MA NJ CT MA) also this firearm was just a p26 so no high cap questions..

So I'm confused I thought anything 03 eligible is good to go?

Ask them. Lots of them, especially the smaller sellers, just assume they can't ship to MA and aren't interested in educating themselves. If you do that, they'll often ship to you. Your money's as good as anyone else's.

Yeah. Their house, their rules. If they don't want to deal with MA then thats their decision

picton is right, if you see something you're interested in, ask them. Worst they can say is no.

Ask them. Lots of them, especially the smaller sellers, just assume they can't ship to MA and aren't interested in educating themselves. If you do that, they'll often ship to you. Your money's as good as anyone else's.
+1. Recently I bought a AR barrel on Gunbroker from a seller whose listing stated no sales to MA. I sent him a message before I bid, he got back to me with "Of course I'll sell you what's essentially a piece of steel pipe. That's a blanket restriction that a previous manager put on our listings for unknown reason."

There are many vendors that wont ship C&R hand guns or any semi auto rifle with detach mags. I have has some success in swaying a few vendors to see the light and sent copies of laws and what not. Although 99% who basically state NO TO MA or any other state wont even give you a curtsy email response.
I use 3 vendors that no longer accept new customers from MA ? Not a big issue they dont have a good selection and prices are so so.

It took me a good amount of time to convince a vendor that it could ship stripped AR lowers to a MA FFL Dealer.
Best bet is to either keep looking or find a MA dealer willing to transfer it in for you if its possilbe.

C&R stuff is good to go period if you have your 03 right? Some online retailer listed at bottom of sales page (not 03 eligible in CA MA NJ CT MA) also this firearm was just a p26 so no high cap questions..

So I'm confused I thought anything 03 eligible is good to go?

For years distributors have been getting letters from the Massachusetts attorney general's office claiming legal action against them if they ship guns, ammunition, and magazines here. The fact that MA sales aren't profitable enough to most of them is enough for them to not bother fighting the AG.

There have been a lot of threads here over the years regarding this with more details. I don't have links handy so you'll have to dig with the search engine.

The T&H restriction on my C&R isn't really that big of a deal.

Basically it's OK to carry a tokarev as long as it's being used in lawful pursuit of game or shooting paper targets.

Some will ship to an 01 FFL, and then you can use your C&R to get it from the 01 FFL. That way you can bypass the list.

Not legally true for another 5-1/2 years. That's what happened in the new law, effective 1/1/2021 (IIRC the exact date).

But some will either reduce or waive transfer since all they have to do is log it in and out of their book. No 4473s NICS, or FRB involved

Not really true. MA Dealer must do the FRB stuff. Some may not, but then they are violating state law. If they don't we are obligated to do the eFA-10.

can you explain the new law?

It exempts MA DEALERS from the Lists for sale of C&R guns to C&R FFL holders, but the effective date was changed at the last minute to 1/1/2021 to appease some legistraitors who "didn't want more guns on the street". It's the "kick the can down the road" that got them to agree.

Not legally true for another 5-1/2 years. That's what happened in the new law, effective 1/1/2021 (IIRC the exact date).

Not really true. MA Dealer must do the FRB stuff. Some may not, but then they are violating state law. If they don't we are obligated to do the eFA-10.

I did forget to mention to always efa-10 it under registration.

My question was simply the legality. Not the right of x y z do not sell to MA ofcourse that's there right. I was just asking if I was LEGALLY correct that there's no issue with that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom