• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R question

Garys

NES Member
Is the Hungarian PA-63 9x18 Makarov listed as a C&R pistol? I can't find it on the ATF lists although I find the Russian version listed.

Gary

The E.German and Russian military Makarovs are the only pistols that are c&r eligible. The PA-63 is just a copy of the Walther PP, except in cal. 9x18mm.

Remember, it still has to be on the ATF list. Look at Heym 22 cal. trainers. They're old as dirt, yet not C&R because they're not on the list.
As far as I know theres only one Markarov thats C&R and I can't remember which one but I know they fetch top dollar because of that. That ridiculous Mass law stating that a pistol has to be here in Mass already in order for you to buy it rules out ordering one from SOG and having it sent to an 01FFL holder too. :x

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Remember, it still has to be on the ATF list. Look at Heym 22 cal. trainers. They're old as dirt, yet not C&R because they're not on the list.
As far as I know theres only one Markarov thats C&R and I can't remember which one but I know they fetch top dollar because of that. That ridiculous Mass law stating that a pistol has to be here in Mass already in order for you to buy it rules out ordering one from SOG and having it sent to an 01FFL holder too. :x

Sorry, you are way off base here!

- Please read the BATFE definition of C&R (on their website) - It has to be EITHER >50 years old OR on the List of C&R guns!

- A C&R FFL holder CAN legally mail-order a C&R pistol direct to their house, do the FA-10 form and good to go. EOPS List and AG Regs be damned!

- If a C&R FFL is dumb enough to order a C&R handgun and have it shipped to an 01 FFL, they get what they deserve . . . it can NOT be transferred to the C&R FFL holder in MA! 01 FFLs are specifically prohibited by MGL from transferring any old handgun in MA to a MA Resident unless it was in MA on 10/21/98!

- Many (but not all) out of state dealers/distributors will NOT ship any C&R handguns into MA, as they are too dumb to understand the laws and have no desire to try.

I was told by several people that certain rifles like the Heym trainer that weren't on the list can't be sold as C&R firearms.
The handgun deal I was refering to was that non C&R used handguns (a polish Makarov for example) can not be shipped into Massachusetts. Only brand new handguns to 01 FFL holders and of course C&R holders can purchase CZ52s, Nagant revolvers, and other asst. C&R handguns from places like SOG for example.

Back
Top Bottom