C&R Phobia?

JonJ

NES Member
Check this auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=49841063

The description says "Made around 1929. Not C&R eligible." That's a lie. Maybe he or who he sells for is intimidated (or ignorant) by our state laws and won't take a chance? Check his other auctions, there are other C&R eligible firearms that he refuses to acknowledge as being eligible.
Could be the start of a disturbing trend here.
BTW: His prices are up there anyway.

Jon,

Ignorance is rampant.

Until recently (don't know when it changed) KTP advertised that they would NOT accept C&R FFLs for any firearms.

Whoever the owner is is using a brokerage service (Foot...) and thus paying them a handsome amount for the transaction and to insulate the true owner from the buyer. That probably accounts for the obscene pricing.

Best answer: stay away, ignore the fools, and spend your money elsewhere.

In total agreement, Len. His prices have always been up there but the refusal of C&R's on these handguns seems to be a fairly new thing with him.
I just don't like the thought of this being a trend.

That's a high price for a 1903 in that apparent condition. Tombstone Trading Company (if I have the right dealer) has better ones for less money at our ginshows.

Jon,

I understand but there have always been FFLs that have refused C&R FFLs on general principles or because they were too lazy or stupid to read the book on what was legal or not. There you can tell them that you will shop elsewhere and tell your friends to do the same.

If this was a posting by "Joe citizen", then attempting to educate the owner might make sense. But since the posting is actually by a broker, it would be pointless to waste the time and effort with some clerk who's shuffling paper. Threatening to go elsewhere is pointless.

Hes in Brockton. Probably scared to death of Massachusetts laws when it comes to selling here in state. Maybe you'll see the same guns at the next gun show.

I have seen posts where people have modified the firearm to "lose C&R status". Being a C&R myself anyone know how modified a firearm can be to keep the status? For instance, my SKS with the folding stock and scope from 1988.

I say this because that may be why he removed the C&R.

Hes in Brockton. Probably scared to death of Massachusetts laws when it comes to selling here in state.

i could be wrong...but im pretty sure most of the guns he has for sale on there are guns you can find at collectors coin gallery

Agreed that mods can "lose C&R status", but you can't mod a 1903 Colt pistol to do so.

The owner or broker is just being a dick-head!

LenS said:
Agreed that mods can "lose C&R status", but you can't mod a 1903 Colt pistol to do so.

The owner or broker is just being a dick-head!

So can we sue him for discrimination? Us C&R holders should have rights too. I feel violated. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom