c&r new yugo sks's

413dan

NES Member
Seen a couple places offering what appear to be new yugo c&r eligible sks's.

I don't know too much about sks's, are yugos held in good/high regard? And is the 4-5 hundred price range a good deal? And a Thanks in advance to those more knowledgeable than I in the world of the sks for chiming in with any info!

Cheers

I have a yugo that apears to be unissued bought it about 5-6 years ago I think it was 379$ I forget but I was hesitant at the price. Although its a great gun and does look new. It also shoots silver bear and golden tiger ammo well. Are they worth 450+ ? I dont know
I wonder if these will have the BILLBOARD import stamps.

Mac, I wad curious if they'd have the ugly import marks too or not. Just not sure if that price is warranted but according to the few places that have them they're extremely clean, possibly unissued to troops n have just been sitting in an arsenal for a while.

I have one of these and put tech-sight on it (just the rear) and its a tack driver! Never had an FTF either, eats everything I've fed it - tula, wolf, golden tiger.

Yugos are nice. I've had several yugos but they always ended up as trade bait or sold to fund something else. Not sure I'd pick one up for over $400 though. I was lucky enough to grab a sweet russian for $250 a couple years ago. Never gonna see that deal again. [sad2]

When Yugos first showed up they were a lot more than what they are now. I'm talking way before the $300 unissued ones. Pretty sure they were around $700 and collectors jumped on them because of the rarity at the time.

$400 - $500 is the norm for unissued 59/66 rifles now. These rifles FWIW have probably been sitting in storage here in the US at a distributor for years btw. The cache of Yugoslavian guns for import is in fact drying up.

Mac, I wad curious if they'd have the ugly import marks too or not. Just not sure if that price is warranted but according to the few places that have them they're extremely clean, possibly unissued to troops n have just been sitting in an arsenal for a while.

If Ray is right they might not be the "life history" import stamp seen on newer import stamping.
Mine was for all I could tell unfired, spotless and super clean. If 400-500 is the norm as Ray points,out then it is,what it is.

Just picked one up from classic.....for the money you're getting a lot of rifle and NOT a piece of junk! We can't go back in time to get these at $300 so it is what it is. At some point they'll all be gone and $429 will seem like a steal

Last edited:
Wow those are really nice! I've got a Norinco Type 56 that's in pretty good shape (box mag doesn't match) but the condition of these Yugo's is even better. Kinda wondering if I should sell the Norinco to get one of these...

Ordered mine last week when I got the email notice they were in. It arrived today. Very happy with the look of the rifle (my first SKS by the way). I will take some more pictures once I clean the cosmoline off. I think the fact that it came with the original shooting log is a cool "extra".

0813151039_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered mine from xxxxxxxx last week when I got the email notice they were in. It arrived today. Very happy with the look of the rifle (my first SKS by the way). I will take some more pictures once I clean the cosmoline off. I think the fact that it came with the original shooting log is a cool "extra".

View attachment 143944

After seeing yours I'm even more anxious to get mine!!

Last edited:
Ordered mine from X last week when I got the email notice they were in. It arrived today. Very happy with the look of the rifle (my first SKS by the way). I will take some more pictures once I clean the cosmoline off. I think the fact that it came with the original shooting log is a cool "extra".

View attachment 143944

Can you please edit your post to remove the vendor's name. Thanks [grin]

I have one from the last batch of imports about a decade ago. It's beautiful, almost certainly never issued/used. I would buy another one if I had the cash to spare, but I got a chimney that needs some work.

Are these "unissued" Yugo's packed in cosmoline? Not the end of the world but I was just curious.

Are these "unissued" Yugo's packed in cosmoline? Not the end of the world but I was just curious.

Yep. I have seen worse when it comes to cosmoline - I have gotten some Mosins that had enough on them to protect them for 1,000 years. This SKS isn't too bad. I actually got most of it off the stock with some elbow grease and a rag, but there will be some cleaning time for sure.

Hey all. We're looking to do a group buy on these Yugo SKS's. We're waiting to hear back what shipping will be. We will set up shipping to our shop and charge a $25 transfer fee. Who's in for one or more rifles? We'd require a half payment up front and the other half when the gun is picked up! email [email protected]

Hey all. We're looking to do a group buy on these Yugo SKS's. We're waiting to hear back what shipping will be. We will set up shipping to our shop and charge a $25 transfer fee. Who's in for one or more rifles? We'd require a half payment up front and the other half when the gun is picked up! email [email protected]

Just in case you didn't see it, they're selling these by the crate too, for a slight discount.

It would cost a lot more than $500 for a gun manufacturer to build a new one today...

Molot had new,manufactured SKS and if I read it right new mosin. The cost was by memory 750 and 1250 Euro?
If a US manufacture decided to make a sks it would probably be 1800$
If I had a extra 400-500 kicking around I,would be tempted. There's really nothing 500 or less that temps me in the US market?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom