C&R just arrived

I'd like to thank all of you jerks for making me stay up late last night looking at C&R guns. Mine should be in any day now and I want to be ready to buy as soon as it's in. This is a great thread for everyone just getting their feet wet.

Suggestions for the newbie:

- Make many copies of the original on a color copier and put in a folder on your work bench
- Put the original (unsigned) in a cheap picture frame over your safe or work bench.
- Put a copy in your wallet (you never can tell when you will run across a bargain) (if your wallet is full of $ you only need the top half of the FFL.
- Put a copy in an envelope in your suitcase or travel bag (you now can buy out of state).

Good luck

Ok, this is the second, or 3rd time I have seen a recommendation of NOT signing your original copy. Why would you not want to sign it?

Also, save a copy as a pdf in your phone or computer.

I bought the "bound book" pages from Brownells and put them in a three ring binder.

If you are in MA and you buy a C&R from someone in MA, you must complete both sections of the FA-10 and log all the info in your bound book.
If you buy a C&R from outside of MA, you only complete your portion of the FA-10 and check off "registration". Do not complete the out of state seller's info.
In your bound book, you log the seller's info.
On that note, never ever post which dealers ship to MA, but yes, you can legally have firearms shipped to your door with a C&R.

The reason why you don't want to sign the original is due to the fact that most dealers and suppliers want an actual ink signature copy mailed to them. They accept a photocopy with an ink signature but will not accept a photcopy of a signature. Once you sign your original, you are screwed so don't do it.

Didn't see your answer to my question prior to posting because I was still on the previous page, but thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom