Buying shotgun in NH

I've searched the threads and am still confused as to whether or not you can walk out of the gun store in NH with the shotgun.

I understand you need to register it once you get home in MA.

Long guns are good to get in NH and then go into MA. As long as the long gun is MA compliant (where needed) you just need to do the paperwork (or online version) once you get home. Pistols are a different matter.

If you have any question, call up Acme, Riley's, Shooters, etc. and just ask the people there (I'd trust Acme to be correct first).

I've searched the threads and am still confused as to whether or not you can walk out of the gun store in NH with the shotgun.

I understand you need to register it once you get home in MA.

Yes you can; as Golddiggie said YOU are responsible for making sure it's MA [STRIKE]Neutered [/STRIKE]compliant. When you get home file the FA-10.

Rather than file the FA-10 online though I would suggest going to your local PD and getting a paper form; why make their lives easier.

Buy it, take it home, fill out FA10 and mail it in, easy as that. Same in most states I believe, I bought one in NH and walked it to my car and brought it home.

No you can't walk out of a store in NH with a shotgun,you have to pay for it first.

Haha ok, I was just curious.

Tx for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

36 posts in 2 1/2 years...? You know better than to ask something like that.

Do I? People talk about hating that form all the time. Let's be honest, no one would ever know if someone didn't fill it out.

Haha ok, I was just curious.

Tx for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I? People talk about hating that form all the time. Let's be honest, no one would ever know if someone didn't fill it out.

It's pretty ****ing simple: Don't break the law if you are a responsible gun owner.

cja1987, I certainly hope you are NOT instructing people wrt guns and gun laws.

That post is so full of wrong info and fail that it boggles the mind!

I've amended my message as the conversation had drifted.

Firearms that never enter Massachusetts simply don't require FA-10 regardless of who owns them. There are numerous threads on this.

Firearms brought into Mass as property of new Mass residents also don't require FA-10, assuming you are prompt about it. There are numerous threads on this.

Firearms brought into Mass as property of current Mass residents DO require FA-10. There are numerous threads on this. You can choose not to file it, but that is a violation of the law.

You FA-10 (register) firearms upon transfer (in-state) or when brought into the state. Again, there are numerous threads on this.

The other thing about shotguns WRT MA law is that they have to be AWB compliant, provided it's a semi-auto shotgun. IFAIK, the pump-action shotguns can have super-duper killy things like bayo lugs.

Back
Top Bottom