• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying AR's in another state

Could be a booming industry for NH vacation properties, buy an apartment building, lease out each room to someone from MA for a reasonable price so they can be NH residents.

Since you can, by Federal Law, purchase rifles and shotguns in states other than your own, might you Mass. guys buy an AR, AK etc. in others states? My understanding of the new AW ban is that it's only sales IN Mass. that's is banned. If my understanding is correct there are many shops in VT., N.H. that would welcome the business.

I'm sure in the past I've made jest of you Mass. residents but now you have only heartfelt sympathies.

Remotes are probably going to tell MA residents to ****.off until the dust settles.

It may be 100% legal, but it will be tough to convince an FFL to sell to a MA resident right now. Federal law says that they can sell rifles that are legal in the home state of the buyer. The law says it's legal, but the AG says it's not.

And then the buyer would need to eFA-10 it when he gets home, which will flag him as a felon.

Only bidrbrains would be EFA10ing anything right now. I can't get over the number of nippleheads that filed shit on the cutoff...

No, they are not legal in MA as long as they are MA compliant. The AG specifically stated that there is no such thing as a compliant firearm in this state.

The issue here isn't that the AG is going to be "threatening" people. The issue is that she can and will be arresting people for crap like this.

My point is the law is the same as always. She can opine any way she wants. A judge can side with her also. We still get jury trials and it would be easy to show the law to them. Now I realize no one wants to do this, but she's bluffing because she will lose in court.

It was a gamble for sure. Damned (quite possibly) if you did and damned (even more likely) if you didn't.

I disagree on both counts, but when's the last time you heard of someone getting banged for failure to file? If the AG is going to go FR, the people sticking their head up are more at risk then those the state has no clue about.

-Mike

My point is the law is the same as always. She can opine any way she wants. A judge can side with her also. We still get jury trials and it would be easy to show the law to them. Now I realize no one wants to do this, but she's bluffing because she will lose in court.

I appreciate that you think she would lose in court, bud, but I REALLY don't think she would in MA. You think you'll get a jury full of NES members or free stater's who will nullify the law and set you free? They will make sure that all 12 people on the jury hate guns, hate gun owners and don't even like pointy sticks because they look too much like a weapon. You'll get sent to Concord to spend several years with your new cellie/boyfriend.

She's not bluffing at all. She is deadly serious. She is going to use this to systematically get rid of all the "weapons of war" in the Commonwealth. She is supposedly eyeballing the transactions that took place on Thursday for prohibited weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't pick one of them as a test case, since it was crystal clear by then that the transactions were no longer allowed.

I appreciate that you think she would lose in court, bud, but I REALLY don't think she would in MA. You think you'll get a jury full of NES members or free stater's who will nullify the law and set you free? They will make sure that all 12 people on the jury hate guns, hate gun owners and don't even like pointy sticks because they look too much like a weapon. You'll get sent to Concord to spend several years with your new cellie/boyfriend.

She's not bluffing at all. She is deadly serious. She is going to use this to systematically get rid of all the "weapons of war" in the Commonwealth. She is supposedly eyeballing the transactions that took place on Thursday for prohibited weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't pick one of them as a test case, since it was crystal clear by then that the transactions were no longer allowed.

That's because she's embarrassed that 2500 AR's were sold on Wednesday.

Couldnt've said it better myself. The system is going to eat you out so fast.

It's not even that situation is likely, I just can't see the wisdom in sticking ones head up right now if the AG decides to go another level down on being full retard.

-Mike

I disagree on both counts, but when's the last time you heard of someone getting banged for failure to file? If the AG is going to go FR, the people sticking their head up are more at risk then those the state has no clue about.

-Mike
I kinda believe the state already knew about me. [thinking] 2,600 other people registered their evil guns and lowers the same day. Can she really put us all in jail after her people gave the okay to blow out existing stock through midnight?

If shes deadly serious then why hasn't anyone been prosecuted yet? (same thing with her CMR940 bullshit, too, nothing really came out of that memo, either, although that is civil).

The fun thing is that is not what THE LAW says, that is only what the bullshit in her edict says. Her edict is NOT the law. I don't care if you're jesus christ or the MA AG, you can't just make up or append the law on the fly, unless the law in question enables that behavior or there is some other law which gives her authority to do this. She did this because she knew the dealers would fold in about 10 seconds and create a huge shitstorm.

-Mike

I kinda believe the state already knew about me. [thinking] 2,600 other people registered their evil guns and lowers the same day. Can she really put us all in jail after her people gave the okay to blow out existing stock through midnight?

Probably not. I still don't think it's a good idea to be sticking ones head up at this point, though, regardless.

-Mike

If you manage to find a out of state FFL willing to sell you an AR, you better plan on owning that rifle until (if) the AG bs get's overturned (since it was purchased AFTER 7/20)...you'd also be crazy to file a FA10 when you bring it back to MA...

Last edited:
We are all felons unless we have a true pre-ban,
This has not yet been determined, it is just one official's opinion.

An ADA argued that the protection afforded an expired LTC holder (rendering possession/carry of a handgun a civil, rather than criminal offense) did not apply if the LTC expired 15 years ago. The court disagreed.

Last edited:
I FA10'd eighteen AR-15 lowers into rifles.
I did it just because she said .22 caliber rifles are not "Assault Rifles".

Show me where on the FA10 form does it say what kind of action it has.
So they are all .22 caliber bolt actions for all that form shows.

The FA10 system is flawed. They know it due to firearms never leaving your list when sold or transferred.
That doesn't take into account owners changing the way they operate, being lost or stolen or destroyed by poor gunsmithing!
Or like I can modify the receiver to hold a 10 round fixed magazine and not even check off high capacity.

Whatever about her pressing charges at this time. Subject to change..LOL

When she goes after those shops that sold 2600 of them on Wednesday the 20th and all the people that purchased them.
Then she has to go after every manufacturer that made those so called MA compliant rifles.

All I will do is just remove all my firearms from this state. Poor bolt actions going to another happy place!

So she can't change MA law! But she may win in our corrupt courts!

But has anyone turned their rifles in? NO!

At least I will have plenty of company either in jail or hell!

Boy, she is working SLOOWly prosecuting those dealers when so many weapons of mass destruction were sold to thousands of soon to be felons!

Scared of her bullsh_t, not one bit!

Until the police start shooting us then it will be time to put the vest on!

Last edited:
If shes deadly serious then why hasn't anyone been prosecuted yet? (same thing with her CMR940 bullshit, too, nothing really came out of that memo, either, although that is civil).

The fun thing is that is not what THE LAW says, that is only what the bullshit in her edict says. Her edict is NOT the law. I don't care if you're jesus christ or the MA AG, you can't just make up or append the law on the fly, unless the law in question enables that behavior or there is some other law which gives her authority to do this. She did this because she knew the dealers would fold in about 10 seconds and create a huge shitstorm.

-Mike
Obama's been doing it for 8 yrs. and he's still getting away w/it. Where do you think she got her idea/motivation from? Since Obama still denies we're at War w/radical Islam she can use the "weapons of war" bullshit(dreamed up by the DNC) to go after us. Remember, Obama and his acolytes are at war with US, not radical Islam. They actually think WE are more of a threat to them than Islamic terrorists.

If shes deadly serious then why hasn't anyone been prosecuted yet?
A criminal prosecution brings with it all the protections and rights of a criminal defense. If the goal is to change public policy without legislative input or public feedback, intimidation and threats are far more effective.

Correct, however they are legal in MA as long as it is MA compliant. It does not matter what the AG letter to dealers says. The AG can threaten dealers all she want's, but it's still legal and will hold up in court. This will be our new loophole.
The law firm of Pelosi & Feinstein is probably reading your post and getting royally pissed off as I type this...

(+1)

Back
Top Bottom