Buying a NEW non-MA compliant handgun from a FFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! Really! I guess I am so used to feeling like there are lots of folks that would just love to make trouble for us that I am paranoid. Oh wait! They do want to make trouble for us, don't they?

Right, my statement was made in jest. Of course it is stupid to be talking about this on the interwebs. But it is also good people ask questions about the legality of crap instead of assuming. Anything can be twisted for a nefarious purpose so self censorship is at best a futile effort but the benefit of this guy getting some decent and accurate info, and a little old fashioned cultural shaming, actually has some benefit, in my mind at least.

Can you PM me the details if this dealer has anything else cool that is hard to find in MA? I would love to know!

As much as I would like to tell everyone...well you know how it goes.

I'm still looking for someplace to buy ammo online. It's just one of those things...if you stumble across it on your own; great. If not; SOL.

Sorry.

Keep it to yourself. Posting it online is like sky writting it for the world to see.

Right, my statement was made in jest. Of course it is stupid to be talking about this on the interwebs. But it is also good people ask questions about the legality of crap instead of assuming. Anything can be twisted for a nefarious purpose so self censorship is at best a futile effort but the benefit of this guy getting some decent and accurate info, and a little old fashioned cultural shaming, actually has some benefit, in my mind at least.

I understood the jest in your reply. The "No! Really!" was the answer to your question. I have never looked at Facebook or Myspace. Really! I have no interest in anything there.

Minor clarification:
A question: dealers in MA are not supposed to sell guns that are not MA-compliant
to MA residents. MA dealers can sell non-MA-compliant guns to out-of-stater residents, assuming the gun is legal in their state of residence, and transfer the gun to them through an FFL in their state. Several MA dealers I've been to have such guns for sale.

No! Really! I guess I am so used to feeling like there are lots of folks that would just love to make trouble for us that I am paranoid. Oh wait! They do want to make trouble for us, don't they?

Keep it to yourself. Posting it online is like sky writting it for the world to see.

And I can envision a "red phone" being used to dial the AG's office as I read this thread! [thinking] [rolleyes]

Be careful what you speak of/post publicly, you never know where a Rat might lurk! [shocked]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom