• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a gift pistol or revolver in NJ.

All,

Looking for several levels of advice. We have a guy in my company (smaller, defense contractor) that is retiring after quite a few years. This is after a long SOF career in the Army. In short, great guy that we will all miss.

We are looking to buy him a personalized pistol or revolver and have a nice shadow box made that can store the gun and also display some items from his career. The gun should be a shooter, but a nice shooter. He's Texan so think nice BBQ gun. So here are my requests to the NES brain trust.

1. How to do this in NJ? He has many guns already so I'm not worried about licensing, but what is needed (some $5 permit??). I assume we can pick it out/customize and work with a shop to get a "gift card" and our friend does the actual purchase. Are there any pitfalls in NJ such as the "list" and arbitrary AG rules in MA?

2. Looking for recommendations on guns and options that would fit. I know he has a few Glocks and Sigs (P226 or 229 and P320). Not sure about 1911s or revolvers but those are what I picture for a nice BBQ gun. Anything that ties in Airborne, Airdrop or parachuting (MFF or SL) would be a bonus.

3. A good gunshop near the Cherry Hill, NJ area that could handle this. Looking for recommendations in case someone here knows. Also asking down in that area as well but NES has a wide web.

4. Someone that could build a nice shadow box in NJ. Even better is it complies with any NJ storage laws.

Thanks

One last question. We have another coworker that lives down in Fayetteville, NC. Is it an option for him to buy and get it engraved then transfer through FFLs to the guy we want to gift it to? He knows people that do shadowboxes and smiths that do engraving in that area as it is a lot more common.

Back
Top Bottom