• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying 1911

Oh, please, don't make people think that's my last one![smile]
I'm still going to buy 1911... And it's not going to be a final purchase[wink]
Good girl!! The more the merrier.

But you're gonna have to start reloading to be able to afford to feed all those .45s...

+1 Mrtwigg. Hit the nail right on the head with "slow down" and figure out what the gun will used for try a few and then decide....

Take a ride up to Bullseye in Woonsocket and handle a few of their Kimbers. Paul's usually got a few. He also sells Sig and Springers but stay away from the Sig 1911s.

Decide what you want the gun for. Carry, target, range toy. You need to decide frame size, material, slide length, capacity (Para has extra capacity)

I've got a Kimber SS Pro Carry in .45 with Meprolight night sights. It's got the aluminum frame and 4" slide 'cause it's a daily carry piece.

If Made in the USA is important to you you've got Kimber and Colt and some of the high end customs. Springfields are nice weapons but the frame's made in Brazil.

Last check out http://forums.1911forum.com/

I had a couple of S & W's and never should have gotten rid of them, but needed duty weapon for a job and couldnt carry them, so I sold them and bought a SIG and A Glock. I will deffinately buy another one in the near future. Worked incredible, accurate as all hell, and had a lot of up-grades that were standard... Loved the wilson Combat mags...

Oh, please, don't make people think that's my last one![smile] I'm still going to buy 1911... And it's not going to be a final purchase[wink]
Not to throw a "fly into the ointment"...but I guess I will.[grin] Have owned a number of Colt 1911's and a couple of Springfields over the years. All had been accurized by competent gunsmiths for bullseye shooting. Recently purchased a Sig P220 "Elite" with the short reset trigger. I am definitely impressed. Not a "bullseye" piece that I can see, nor is it intended to be.... but right out of the box, using 25-year-old military ACP, it is all in or all around a 3" orange dot on plain white at 20 yards. It also "feels" good....at least to me. Will also check it with current factory ammo, but from what I can see so far, it is a definite keeper. Don't want to muddy the waters, just trying to give info to future purchasers of .45 ACP to let them know of my own experience.

Back
Top Bottom