Burlington, VT Proposes Seizure Of "Assault Weapons" & Magazines

At its next meeting on Monday, January 7, the Burlington City Council will consider a gun ban that targets possession of semi-automatic firearms and magazines by law-abiding gun owners. This proposed charter change calls for the seizure of all semi-automatic “assault weapons” and magazines by the police, and not only violates the current state firearms preemption statute, but is an irresponsible attack on the property and rights of law-abiding gun owners in Vermont, opening the door to other harmful restrictions of your civil liberties. This City Council meeting will be held at the Burlington City Hall at 7:00 PM on Monday, January 7.

A copy of the “Resolution Relating To The Charter Change To Prohibit Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons And Multiple-Ammo Clips” can be found by clicking here.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...un-and-magazine-ban-proposal-next-monday.aspx

Ha, so much for all of the "free state" bullshit that gets thrown out there when people from MA talk about our challenges. I just don't understand how the country has seemed to go full retard over that school shooting. This crap is really snowballing out of control quickly as evidenced by these types of stories appearing daily. I wonder if there is a larger scale "plan" to create "go-time" situation that will cement gun control in place permanently? I'm sure if mass confiscation is implemented there will be several individuals that will have show downs with the gestapo, which they will ultimately lose because there is no organized militia at this point. What I see happening is the few resisters will be made into examples and it will make most of the rest fall in line.[sad]

Ha, so much for all of the "free state" bullshit that gets thrown out there when people from MA talk about our challenges. I just don't understand how the country has seemed to go full retard over that school shooting. This crap is really snowballing out of control quickly as evidenced by these types of stories appearing daily. I wonder if there is a larger scale "plan" to create "go-time" situation that will cement gun control in place permanently? I'm sure if mass confiscation is implemented there will be several individuals that will have show downs with the gestapo, which they will ultimately lose because there is no organized militia at this point. What I see happening is the few resisters will be made into examples and it will make most of the rest fall in line.[sad]
Or galvanize a sizable resistance force. Sometimes people forget that freedom is really ingrained in US citizens, we just may need a wake up call for the rest.

Or it will drive the resistance even more. I figure that at a minimum there are 50 million of us in this country, if just 5 million or 10 percent resist on a physical level, that's a lot of blood in the streets. But I think the resistance will be higher than 10 percent. I talk a good game but I don't know what Ill do when that day comes.

I would call family and tell them good bye, then call the side of my family that are cops and tell them I'm standing my ground.99% of them told me they would be held up in the house and walk off the job if there was a gun grab plan.

I'd probably just hide my stuff since i dont have much ammo, and tell them I tossed it in the lake if I can't have what I worked for no one will have it.

Last edited:
I hope they have about $1million bucks put away to pay their attorneys to defend the lawsuits filed by gun owning citizens.....maybe they should check with D.C. and Chicago first.

Time for everyone to give thought about a secondary cache somewhere safe and hidden for when the grabbers come... (that is of course unless you go out in a blaze of glory).

So, it's okay for cities and towns in America to violate civil rights? If that is the message that the government is sending, then I think it should be loud and clear. There are a lot of groups that would like to carry out their racist agendas with the green light from the government.

Time for everyone to give thought about a secondary cache somewhere safe and hidden for when the grabbers come... (that is of course unless you go out in a blaze of glory).
What good is a secondary cache hidden away if you don't use up your first cache? You won't use your second one either, but they will be nice to look at when you visit them.

What good is a secondary cache hidden away if you don't use up your first cache? You won't use your second one either, but they will be nice to look at when you visit them.

True, but I like to take the Boy Scout route and be prepared.. If you are detained off of your property and then they send someone to confiscate while you are not there. Could be a lot of scenarios that dictate having a secondary (especially ammo)... Always nice to have a backup plan.

I agree. What is the point of hiding them if you will never use them again, or even be able to have another living soul know you have them? I say either use them, or give them up, that IS the ONLY choice there is!

True, but I like to take the Boy Scout route and be prepared.. If you are detained off of your property and then they send someone to confiscate while you are not there. Could be a lot of scenarios that dictate having a secondary (especially ammo)... Always nice to have a backup plan.

Ok, I guess you make a very valid point![wink]

Back
Top Bottom