Burlington, VT Proposes Seizure Of "Assault Weapons" & Magazines

another NE city that doesn't give a shit about it's state laws...or is so ignorant as to not know about it.

I don't think they care. It's easy to pass these stupid laws and expensive & time consuming to overturn. If they do get sued, and lose, the taxpayer foots the bill. Win-win for the legislators.

There is something going on here. This is all too cute. I think that there is a deliberate and coordinated federal/state/local attack that is attempting (and doing quite well) to make gun-control loom inevitable. I don't know who is running it, but it is brilliant. We have our work cut out for us; our enemy is no idiot.

There is something going on here. This is all too cute. I think that there is a deliberate and coordinated federal/state/local attack that is attempting (and doing quite well) to make gun-control loom inevitable. I don't know who is running it, but it is brilliant. We have our work cut out for us; our enemy is no idiot.

The DOJ and White House

With all the different attacks going on from all different areas, Something is going to light the fuse. That is what the left or commies are waiting for, They have thier ministry of propaganda in place. So now how do they make it look like those Crazy Constitutionalists?

Yup.

The gun grabbers are trying to overwhelm pro-gun forces by attacking on every front - state, local and federal. They're reaching for the brass ring knowing that not all of it will pass, but there will be a "reasonable" compromise and they'll get some of what they want.

They've also defined the terms of the fight. That's why we're hearing things like "assault weapon" and "reasonable restrictions" and "having a conversation." If we have to fight using their misleading terms it will be all uphill. And we'll lose.

Everything they're doing is straight out of Alinsky's playbook.

The mistake they're making, IMO, is they don't realize just how many pro-Constitution gun owners might just be pushed too far. One or two incidents will be framed as "crazy right-winger goes nuts" but when it happens dozens of times they might realize they lit a powder keg. And when it hits them personally, they will know it.

With all the different attacks going on from all different areas, Something is going to light the fuse. That is what the left or commies are waiting for, They have thier ministry of propaganda in place. So now how do they make it look like those Crazy Constitutionalists?

Yup. That's one of the ways that I see it. They WANT someone or a group of someones to call GT so that they can claim "See" or something along those lines and 'attack' with all their 'might'.

(If this makes no sense, I'm sorry. My head is a little stuffy today and I'm not thinking too clearly.)

Yup. That's one of the ways that I see it. They WANT someone or a group of someones to call GT so that they can claim "See" or something along those lines and 'attack' with all their 'might'.

(If this makes no sense, I'm sorry. My head is a little stuffy today and I'm not thinking too clearly.)

We are kinda screwed. If we do nothing, we lose. If we march weakly, we lose. If we march strongly, we'll be demonized and lose. If one person goes ballistic, we'll all be demonized and lose. The only permutation that has value is if we ALL go bananas and prove that we aren't to be trifled with. Who wants to go first?

Statewide Premption

Ha, so much for all of the "free state" bullshit that gets thrown out there when people from MA talk about our challenges.
The talk about a "free state" doesn't mean any one individual chief of police or city council is magically prevented from attempting to violate rights -- what a free state, particularly statewide preemption as found in New Hampshire and Vermont, means is that when a chief or town tries to violate rights, they get stomped down, hard.

24 VSA said:
§ 2295. Authority of municipal and county governments to regulate firearms, ammunition, hunting, fishing and trapping
Except as otherwise provided by law, no town, city or incorporated village, by ordinance, resolution or other enactment, shall directly regulate hunting, fishing and trapping or the possession, ownership, transportation, transfer, sale, purchase, carrying, licensing or registration of traps, firearms, ammunition or components of firearms or ammunition. This section shall not limit the powers conferred upon a town, city or incorporated village under section 2291(8) of this title. The provisions of this section shall supersede any inconsistent provisions of a municipal charter.
. . .
§ 2291 (8) To regulate or prohibit the use or discharge, but not possession of, firearms within the municipality or specified portions thereof, provided that an ordinance adopted under this subdivision shall be consistent with section 2295 of this title and shall not prohibit, reduce, or limit discharge at any existing sport shooting range, as that term is defined in 10 V.S.A.

Mayor Miro Weinberger and his Burlington city council are about to learn the error of their ways.

Last edited:
We are kinda screwed. If we do nothing, we lose. If we march weakly, we lose. If we march strongly, we'll be demonized and lose. If one person goes ballistic, we'll all be demonized and lose. The only permutation that has value is if we ALL go bananas and prove that we aren't to be trifled with. Who wants to go first?

I feel bad for you guys. My canoe tipped over last week in the Housatonic and I lost most of my, "assault style," stuff.

True, but I like to take the Boy Scout route and be prepared.. If you are detained off of your property and then they send someone to confiscate while you are not there. Could be a lot of scenarios that dictate having a secondary (especially ammo)... Always nice to have a backup plan.

Good point

Or it will drive the resistance even more. I figure that at a minimum there are 50 million of us in this country, if just 5 million or 10 percent resist on a physical level, that's a lot of blood in the streets. But I think the resistance will be higher than 10 percent. I talk a good game but I don't know what Ill do when that day comes.

+1

Last edited:
VT is a progressive hell hole however their state constituition and supreme court is very gun friendly.

Pie in the sky. Under the 5th Amendment, a local government that proposes to seize privately owned property is obliged to pay the fair market value of the property to the owner. Once someone in Burlington figures this out, and calculates what it would do to the city budget, the idea will fade away pretty quickly, I'd guess.

I just don't see any VT cops trying to enforce such a thing. I don't imagine it would take too long to get through the state courts to have any attempted prosecutions thrown out and the law stuck down, either. Sucks for anybody caught up in it, but this isn't going to go anywhere. I think something like this pops up in VT every now and then and is promptly shut down.

The issue isn't the law, because state law clearly trumps it specifically in this case.

The issue is allowing people who think its OK to take away your natural rights to continue to live. Either these people start dying or they will continue to take away you rights regardless of the rule of law until they have succeeded.

It's that simple.

These people's know full well that state law makes what they are attempting to do illegal. Yet they do it anyway. They are criminals knowingly in the commission of a crime. They should be treated as such and killed.

Last edited:
I just don't see any VT cops trying to enforce such a thing. I don't imagine it would take too long to get through the state courts to have any attempted prosecutions thrown out and the law stuck down, either. Sucks for anybody caught up in it, but this isn't going to go anywhere. I think something like this pops up in VT every now and then and is promptly shut down.

First off. In vt.... They have no idea who has them. Maybe thru the feds they could find out who knows. But if you think the cops are go into any of the rural areas and take them from those crazy hillbillies. I think not. Im pretty sure some guy will come out and render all their police cruisers inoperable by running them over with a tractor once word of confiscation mounts.

First off. In vt.... They have no idea who has them. Maybe thru the feds they could find out who knows. But if you think the cops are go into any of the rural areas and take them from those crazy hillbillies. I think not. Im pretty sure some guy will come out and render all their police cruisers inoperable by running them over with a tractor once word of confiscation mounts.

Yeah I know, the benefits of not having gun registration are clear [grin]

In a back room somewhere, somebody is probably reminding the person who introduced this that, "Hey, this is VT. The gun owners will let us get away with anything as long as we don't propose more gun control."

Hopefully any confiscations are met with force, that goes on a national scale too.

You mean ALL right?

I can't understand why law enforcement is so eager to set up a suicide pact by being willing to participate in any type of confiscation actions and why they are not the foremost vocal mouthpieces against this knee jerk emotional train wreck of people calling for them.

Are they actually that stupid and egotistical?

You mean ALL right?

I can't understand why law enforcement is so eager to set up a suicide pact by being willing to participate in any type of confiscation actions and why they are not the foremost vocal mouthpieces against this knee jerk emotional train wreck of people calling for them.

Are they actually that stupid and egotistical?

I'm pretty sure it's just a vocal minority. Word on the street is that most of the military and police would side with the people, should this ever come to pass. There's a minority of newbies, mall ninjas and other brainwashed semi-retarded morons that would "just follow orders" from the governor or president.

The best case scenario would be, should any confiscation order or law be passed, that the folks that are put in charge just simply walk away from their jobs. It would be revolutionary. The government would likely collapse given the fact that confidence would plummet.

I dont mean to bash any individual cops or soldiers but people read your history. They will load us on the trains like cattle if told to do so. Has any injustice against civilians ever caused cops to resign?
And if history is insufficient evidence go read up on stanley milgram.

I dont think its so much that no one would resign (or just walk away) its that for every current LEO/mil who does walk away 3 or 4 people will offer to take there place so they get to be the one makeing the rules and forceing everyone to do as they said. I wouldnt be surprised to see that the Gestapo and SS was mostly people who where NOT in the police force before (and I have seen plenty saying professional soldiers pre-nazi party didnt want anything to do with them until after they became the veary small minority in the 'new' army units)

I dont mean to bash any individual cops or soldiers but people read your history. They will load us on the trains like cattle if told to do so. Has any injustice against civilians ever caused cops to resign?
And if history is insufficient evidence go read up on stanley milgram.

Mayor Miro Weinberger and his Burlington city council are about to learn the error of their ways.

It's too bad the preemption law doesn't have teeth like Florida's does. In FL, the city officials who pass such a law are held personally liable.

http://www.nraila.org/media/10826032/vt_gun_ban1.3.pdf

The vote is tomorrow. Try to read through this resolution without throwing up. They want to ban "semi-automatic assault weapons and multiple ammunition clips". There is no definition for what those are.

I'm inferring that "multiple ammunition clips" mean one of the following:

1. Magazines capable of holding 2 or more cartridges.
2. Ownership of multiple magazines, irrespective of actual capacity.
3. Or both.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn Learn from history or you will repeat it.[angry]

Back
Top Bottom