Burlington, VT Proposes Seizure Of "Assault Weapons" & Magazines

Time for everyone to give thought about a secondary cache somewhere safe and hidden for when the grabbers come... (that is of course unless you go out in a blaze of glory).

I've said this before - but I'm going to repeat it.

If we truly want to defeat these people - then going out in a blaze of glory is NOT the way to do it.

It gives them a propoganda victory - and once you're dead they take the firearms.

The best way to defeat them long term - is to just make all the guns go away (hello PVC sales going up!) - and then when they come looking for them just shrug your shoulders and say you don't know where they went.

Yes - you might find your ass in jail. But this is probably preferable to death. Besides - if all the guns "disappear" - it creates a MUCH bigger problem for them than a bunch of dead gun owners and and a pile of confiscated guns they now have to crush. They can bury your body relatively quickly - and they can crush the guns relatively quickly - but they CANNOT confiscate millions of guns that simply "disappear" and cannot be found.

The worse part is - they will KNOW THEY ARE OUT THERE - but they won't be able to find them. Making them "disappear" means years and years of bureaucratic nightmare for the grabbers.

If people end up in jail it also makes for a huge propoganda victory for OUR side. People chucked in jail for basically NOTHING.

People need to smarten up here. Molon Labe and dying in your burning house from the SWAT team raid that came to confiscate your collection all sounds good - but in the end it won't win the war.

Reading the history of the American Revolution one thing has always stood out to me - when the Minutemen were ordered to disperse on Lexington Green - they were in the midst of doing so - when the shot rang out. Then the British started gunning them down. At that point the MInutemen had every legal and moral justification to do what they did. In effect they may have well had the blessing of god.

If they had instead started sniping at the British on the way OUT from Boston and started shooting at them as soon as the redcoats formed up on Lexington Green - they likely would have been perceived then and now as just a bunch of bandits and rebels.

Instead they were seen to have a MORAL cause.

This counts for far more than you think in a war. If we're going to win this one - we had better make damn sure we have it on our side. Make the government and the gun grabbers reveal themselves for what they really are: Want to be Tyrants. Let them sink their own ship.

Don't be stupid.

Rant off.

I agree. What is the point of hiding them if you will never use them again, or even be able to have another living soul know you have them? I say either use them, or give them up, that IS the ONLY choice there is!

If people are absolutely unwilling to defend their rights - then yeah: a cache in the woods that you will never see again is useless.

If you're just waiting for the appropriate time to start the revolution - then the cache is what you want.

Starting a war over confiscation may not go so well. But giving it a few years when the reasons for that confiscation become abundantly clear may make the timing for that revolution much better.

See my post above.

Yup.

The gun grabbers are trying to overwhelm pro-gun forces by attacking on every front - state, local and federal. They're reaching for the brass ring knowing that not all of it will pass, but there will be a "reasonable" compromise and they'll get some of what they want.

They've also defined the terms of the fight. That's why we're hearing things like "assault weapon" and "reasonable restrictions" and "having a conversation." If we have to fight using their misleading terms it will be all uphill. And we'll lose.

Everything they're doing is straight out of Alinsky's playbook.

The mistake they're making, IMO, is they don't realize just how many pro-Constitution gun owners might just be pushed too far. One or two incidents will be framed as "crazy right-winger goes nuts" but when it happens dozens of times they might realize they lit a powder keg. And when it hits them personally, they will know it.

Playbooks can be used by both sides. It's well past time that gun owners and conservatives start smartening up and using the same playbook.

First off. In vt.... They have no idea who has them. Maybe thru the feds they could find out who knows. But if you think the cops are go into any of the rural areas and take them from those crazy hillbillies. I think not. Im pretty sure some guy will come out and render all their police cruisers inoperable by running them over with a tractor once word of confiscation mounts.

[rofl]

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I dont think its so much that no one would resign (or just walk away) its that for every current LEO/mil who does walk away 3 or 4 people will offer to take there place so they get to be the one makeing the rules and forceing everyone to do as they said. I wouldnt be surprised to see that the Gestapo and SS was mostly people who where NOT in the police force before (and I have seen plenty saying professional soldiers pre-nazi party didnt want anything to do with them until after they became the veary small minority in the 'new' army units)

The Waffen SS was basically the Nazi Party's / Hitler's private army.

There was a reason for that. The Nazis didn't completely trust the military - and in fact purged many "old school" officers out of the Wehrmacht before and during the war.

If it's 10 guys with guns, it's sunk. If it's 500 or 1000 or more, "they" might just get the point. I specifically said "business attire". If the crowd otherwise appears "normal" and "harmless" aside from the scary black guns, I think the point will be well made. Just my humble opinion.

In theory, you might be right. However, anti-gun sentiment is seldom based on logic and mostly (if not entirely) based on emotion. By definition, a tree-hugger seeing an exposed pistol on a civilian's belt concludes that the civilian is a bad guy, and displaying a large group of such "bad guys" is more likely to throw fuel on the anti-gun fire than suppress it.

Came up with this:

Dear X,

You are about to vote on a resolution that knowingly, and intentionally, attacks the second amendment of the United States Constitution. On June 26, 1989, I raised my right hand and swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Please know, over 22 million veterans of the US armed forces have also sworn this oath. If you vote to approve this resolution, you, by our sworn oath, become our domestic enemy.

As a father of three, I understand your desire to “do something.” Trampling the Constitution is not the right thing to do. In the wise words of Benjamin Franklin, “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

I strongly urge you to vote “No.”

Sincerely,
X

Very nicely worded. [grin]

Time for everyone to give thought about a secondary cache somewhere safe and hidden for when the grabbers come... (that is of course unless you go out in a blaze of glory).
I'd be willing to bet most gun owners in MA own guns nobody knows about. If everyone put 50% of their ammo in another place with the unregistered guns only their registered guns would be known about and in danger of being taken. I'm NOT saying gun confiscation will ever happen but not planning for a worse case scenario is just plain stupid.

Just to play devils advocate. If I were heading up a program to confiscate firearms, I'd look for the most vocal opponents of the confiscation. See who the ring leaders are at pro-gun rallies or forums like this. Considering a confiscation could cost lives this seems like a reasonable first step. No matter how anonymous you feel online they can find out who you are and where you live very quickly. They they can wait until you leave you house for work and grab you when you're vulnerable. Next step is to casually enter your house and take your property. They won't just cruise down each block with a list and knock on doors. Once the "trouble makers" are rounded up that''s half the battle.

If everyone put 50% of their ammo in another place with the unregistered guns only their registered guns would be known about and in danger of being taken. I'm NOT saying gun confiscation will ever happen but not planning for a worse case scenario is just plain stupid.

Can someone explain to me why anyone would hide them? You won't be able to use them again. I just don't understand.

People are gonna get killed before all this shits over

Obviously that is the intentions here folks. TPTB are salivating over a Martial Law uprising then the door to door shit starts. I mean really its right in front of us lol.

Key here is who is gonna flinch first? The problem with the so called elected officials is they no longer fear the people as they once did, this is why the Founding fathers wrote that now defunct piece of paper everyone refers to as the Constitution and the Bill of Rights! The people in charge could careless what you and I think and are going to move forward with or without you, alive or dead. Sure you can move, you're best bet if this is an option is to leave the Country.

line-in-the-sand.jpg

If you are going to write someone consider writing to a leader! say Ron Paul for instance.

Stop voting republican and paying the NRA and you might get somewhere.

The NRA is the ONLY real lobby we have. IMHO this is not the time to bash them or not support them. They have a voice, they have the bankroll and staff to mount a campaign against this silliness. As to voting republican its OK to disagree with another person party affiliation that's what makes this nation great.

The NRA is the ONLY real lobby we have. IMHO this is not the time to bash them or not support them. They have a voice, they have the bankroll and staff to mount a campaign against this silliness. As to voting republican its OK to disagree with another person party affiliation that's what makes this nation great.
I could not agree more. If the government believes the NRA is powerless, we've lost the largest pro-gun lobby in the world. Despite being very pro 2nd amendment, I had not given the NRA a dime since I was a teenager. I don't agree with all of "their" policies, but they are the best chance we have (IMO).

Until recently I considered myself an Independent. I always voted for the best (or least worst) candidate, regardless of party affiliation. Like the NRA, I don't agree with the entire Republican platform, but I do view them as having interests more aligned with mine. Reps are usually pro-gun. They (generally) don't want to take my money and give it to someone who does not work for a living. Now, don't slam me for that... we all know the difference between someone who is trying and someone who is living on our dime.

I think we can all agree... most political bodies vote along party lines. If I vote for a Republican in the House, and a Democrat in the Senate, neither body will be able to get shit done. In an attempt to reduce my own 50/50 split, I pull the Republican lever unless there is a really strong candidate who aligns himself or herself otherwise. IMO, nearly every election we have to choose between the "least worst," rather than the "best" candidate.

I find myself overwhelmingly agreeing with Calsdad on his posts. And, I'm thankful that he is much better at putting those thoughts into writing than I am. But, this is the one case that I can recall that I disagree strongly with him. I don't believe that the majority of the type of people who will hide them will be the type that will stand up eventually for their rights. And, the type of people who will stand up will now be in jail or dead. So, that is a huge loss. I also believe that as time goes on, intelligence and technology and indoctrination are all things that are on the side of the tyrants that will make prolonging anything less effective.

I think the strategic time would be immediate and not saved for later on. I think the revolutionists knew that they were a minority in the colonies and that their best shot was immediate for some of the reasons I listed above.

“We should afford to the same sort of common sense in the streets that we have in the woods,” Blais said. “We should afford to our citizens, especially our children, the same rights that we give to our deer.”

deer have rights? there's a season for hunting citizens and children? let me know when moonbat season opens :)

question being debated across our region: Should Burlington ban semi-automatic assault weapons and high capacity magazines?
More

In a 10-3 vote, City Council voted to send the proposed charter change to a lower committee.

Before the vote, the council heard from gun owners who said the ban was not the answer to the nation’s gun problem, adding it violates the Second Amendment.

“Everything we've done so far hasn't worked so it's time to try something different,” said Roger Farnsworth. “Because these people will pick up a stick, a rock or they're going to use their fist. Are you going to cut everybody's hands off?”

No supporters of the charter change spoke Monday night.

It is unclear what legal issues the city could face if the charter change were to be put into effect. A Vermont state law bans a municipality from regulating firearms and ammunition, but the proposed ban is a change to the city’s charter, not an ordinance.

“The resolution is so broad and so vague that you'd be illegalizing most of the rifles and certainly most of the handguns in the city of Burlington,” said Evan Hughes.

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...rsss_2.0/-/ijxqhyz/-/index.html#ixzz2HP9cTcH2
Hmmm! None of the proponents of the bill chose to speak up. I think that says it all.

Last edited:
Liberals don't care if their laws are unconstitutional or tyranical. They just pass unjust laws stripping law abiding Americans of their God given rights. Then when someone gets killed protecting themselves from their tyranny they become insensed. This is the MO of despots and dictators throughout history.

I honestly think they don't care if people die as long as it furthers their agenda. I also believe they are fully prepared to destroy our nation to accomplish their goals.

Liberals don't care if their laws are unconstitutional or tyranical. They just pass unjust laws stripping law abiding Americans of their God given rights. Then when someone gets killed protecting themselves from their tyranny they become insensed. This is the MO of despots and dictators throughout history.

I honestly think they don't care if people die as long as it furthers their agenda. I also believe they are fully prepared to destroy our nation to accomplish their goals.

+100 I belive this is true. The last election sealed the doom of this country.

+1. Perfectly said.

its sad to see free states doing this, between texans patrolling gun show parking lots and town hall meetings proposing town level awbs, its pretty sad

its sad to see free states doing this, between texans patrolling gun show parking lots and town hall meetings proposing town level awbs, its pretty sad

I was a little shocked at that happening in TX as well. Then I read that there's been quite an influx of Californtards who are escaping the the economic shamble state. Could be a correlation there.

Back
Top Bottom