• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bulk ammo.

Can you buy ammo online and have it shipped to MA? also where do you guys buy paper targets from? I have gotten many different kinds from Amazon.
Yes. You need to call the Attorney General's office and ask for an ammunition shipping voucher. They will help you out. It's the same department that issues the Glock "permit to purchase" letters.

Gun Parlor in Worcester had 1000 round boxes of 9mm when I was there last Friday, it was Magtech and I think the price was $270. They also had another brand I had never heard of for the same price. Little pricier than what you would get in NH but also a lot closer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fair enough. Thank you.
I didn't consider online just for savings but for convenience as well.
I do a lot of online shopping.
I also travel a lot to NH due to racing.
Id happily pay a few $ extra to support a local business but Gun Patrol won't be one, even if they are next door.
Thank you and I apologize for asking the dead horse question

Don't apologize. Too many people spend too much time on here monitoring/memorizing threads and seem to exist to jump on posts like yours. Don't sweat it - just laugh at it and move on...

Fair enough. Thank you.
I didn't consider online just for savings but for convenience as well.
I do a lot of online shopping.
I also travel a lot to NH due to racing.
Id happily pay a few $ extra to support a local business but Gun Patrol won't be one, even if they are next door.
Thank you and I apologize for asking the dead horse question

Don't sweat it too much. We like to bust balls around here.

It is much more convenient. If you are going to NH, I have found Rileys and Shooters outpost, along with Collectors which was already mentioned, to have great pricing. It is usually right in line with the best deal I can get online, especially when gas is factored in. I still prefer to get mine shipped because of the convenience factor, but if I am in the neighborhood, I like to stop at one or all three of those places.

Can you buy ammo online and have it shipped to MA?

also where do you guys buy paper targets from? I have gotten many different kinds from Amazon.

What type of target's are you looking for?
I just cut up

boxes for pistols. Make my own shoot N C targets.

If your going to NH often your best bet will be there for bulk. Even going back 30 years always bought ammo in NH or VT. Many stores in mass just did not have Bulk on hand. Plus even then the prices where to high.

Last edited:
I typically get number target with high viz coloring at point of impact.
Cutting boxes actually sounds much cheaper lol good idea thank you.

Thank you for all the responses :)

I like my home made shootNc target's https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...Home-made-shoot-N-C-targets?highlight=targets

I now get large florecent poster board from the dollar store for 39 cents each
18x28 or something like that. I like the large ones for 200 yards sight in.
Pretty simple to make and done right cheap enough.
Plenty of videos on you tube on how to.

I just got 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 for 210 bucks.. They had tons of it at Shooters.

FYI I was at Shooters and Riley's today, as I was in the area. They didnt have any bulk Blazer Brass 9mm, but they did have bulk Federal 9mm for $209.99/1,000 rounds. Also had American Eagle XM193 5.56 for $219.99/600 rounds. Riley's had Remington 9mm $107.50/500 rounds and Independence XM193 5.56 $179.95/500 rounds. Both places had other bulk deals too (Fotay, .45, 7.62, etc), this is just what I picked up myself. I know the OP was looking for local, but just wanted to reiterate that if you are in the Hooksett area, its definitely worth your while to stop at these stores and stock up; cant beat the price, not sales tax, and no time/gas wasted hitting all the Walmarts searching for ammo!

Hey guys I will be at New Hampshire motor speedway this weekend for the beginning of our racing season so 3 things real quick:

what ammo should I buy for the American bolt action 22LR i just got?

where should I buy from? (Reasonable distance from speedway)

if you aren't doing anything else this weekend come check out some motorcycle racing. Tickets are very cheap and sold at the gate and you can come in the pits and garage area too

Hey guys I will be at New Hampshire motor speedway this weekend for the beginning of our racing season so 3 things real quick:

if you aren't doing anything else this weekend come check out some motorcycle racing. Tickets are very cheap and sold at the gate and you can come in the pits and garage area too

Where are you coming from? (Mass?)

I drove my car on NH Speedway's road circuit a couple times, was a lot of fun. Never seen a race but did see a motorcycle track day while I was there for a parking lot driving school.

Amazon, Target Barn, etc. Eventually you will likely get sick of paper targets and then AR500 gongs are cheap enough on eBay.

My friends kid as the Ruger American he has a nice luepold scope and shoots at 100 yards with it often.
He shoots a lot of CCI as its the cheapest ammo that he calls acceptable for his shooting. (he shoots at a SR1 NRA target and 10 ring is about 3.5") keeping them in the 10 ring is a challenge with the cheaper ammo he says. He also likes the SK rifle match ammo although he has trouble finding it in bulk. Of course He really likes Eley Match and tenex but at 15$ plus for a box of 50 he doesn't use it often. I watched him put 20 rounds of Tenex into the X ring of the SR1 target on a nice calm day...that's under 1.5" at 100 yards. prone off a sand bag....hes only done it once but ammo does make a huge difference. Try several.... with the CCIs he will get on average 2 moa at 100 yards. Inside 50 with out any wind most ammo he shoots does well enough.
He had is amercan worked over and smoother the action and glass bed the rifle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom