Bulk ammo.

Is there any place near worcester that sells 1000 round boxes of 9mm. I have looked at a few places around me with no luck. I now there are some places online that still ship to ma. But I'm more of a grab and go type.

most likely sent from my bathroom

Not near Worcester, but I made the trip up to Collectible Arms over the weekend- I live in Somerville.
Took my nephew, 1 hour up and 1 hour back, but the look on his face to see a "real" gun shop and get hands on made the trip!
1000 rounds of 9m and 1000 rounds of 7.62x39

Not near Worcester, but I made the trip up to Collectible Arms over the weekend- I live in Somerville.
Took my nephew, 1 hour up and 1 hour back, but the look on his face to see a "real" gun shop and get hands on made the trip!
1000 rounds of 9m and 1000 rounds of 7.62x39

$$?

If I had a child it's name would be bulk ammo. I have great luck with Shooters Outpost in Hookset,NH. Tax free is always a plus. Blazer brass 9mm 1,000 is usually around $220ish.

Last edited:
Someone posted recently in another thread that 50rd boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm are $10.79 at SO

FS typically has a 200rd box of Winchester white-box 9mm for $50. 25¢/round has therefore been my usual yardstick for bulk 9mm ammo. Even the online vendors on ammoengine.com don't typically go below about 21¢/rd, unless I'm missing something. (As a MA resident I haven't bothered keeping abreast of online ammo pricing much.)

The White Box is iffy sometimes, with physically defective cartridges. I like the Blazer for cheap practice ammo. It's usually just as cheap or even cheaper than White Box.

cabelas had 1000 round cardboard boxes of 9mm last time I was in there. They were 1 isle over from the 500 round ammo cans

The White Box is iffy sometimes, with physically defective cartridges. I like the Blazer for cheap practice ammo. It's usually just as cheap or even cheaper than White Box.

I've not had issues, but, as someone who's been shooting for less than a year, you probably have more experience than I do. Maybe I'll give the Blazer a go.

Ditto. I had a few boxes where every mag I'd have a FTF. I'd cycle them through later and they still wouldn't go. No issue with the 45 ammo, but I had a lot with the 9mm.

The 9mm was in a striker fired gun, 45 in a hammer fired so that could be part of the difference too.

Last edited:
Winchester wwb sucks. kept jamming at the range and burns dirty.

FWIW usually if you write to winchester and give them data (lot number, etc) you'll get a coupon or some ammo in the mail. They're pretty good about making it right.

-Mike

WWB 500 rnds at $120
Blazer 1000 rnds at $230
Tula 7.62x39 1000 rnds $230(ish?)

plus i got to fondle those evil telescoping stocks!

I've tried some WWB 100 packs because that's what the store had but I'd rather Blazer, one box had six or seven setbacks so I emailed them pics and lot numbers. I wondered if folks had been abusing the situation because they were rather insistent on me sending them back for them to make good. I didn't want anything from them as mistakes happen from time to time, I just wanted to give them a heads up. That said I've never seen this with any of the other ammo brands I've ever purchased.

This one being the worst.
14002743709_2e83c106a8_b.jpg

YMMV.

if you can make it to NH and buy a few cases its worth the trip. Unless you have someone who lives in NH and can get it shipped there.

I have had good luck with the Brassmax stuff in the 100rd plastic cans. Its usually like 22 a can and it is not real dirty. Most Walmarts have quite a bit of 9 in the cabinet and it is usually reasonably priced. They dont sell by the case but there is nothing to keep you from buying 20 boxes.

cabelas had 1000 round cardboard boxes of 9mm last time I was in there. They were 1 isle over from the 500 round ammo cans

I've not had issues, but, as someone who's been shooting for less than a year, you probably have more experience than I do. Maybe I'll give the Blazer a go.

Winchester wwb sucks. kept jamming at the range and burns dirty.

I have literally shot thousands of rounds of WWB when I started out and never had a problem. Never a jam or a physically defective round. Yep, it's dirty stuff.

Cabela's and Bass Pro has the most overpriced ammo I have ever seen.

Cabela's and Bass Pro has the most overpriced ammo I have ever seen.

Cabela's has 9mm Blazer Brass for $11.50 a box, and 500 rounds of AE 9mm for $135 w/ ammo can. I picked up 69gr Sierra Match Australian outback .223 for $10/box, and XM193 for $6.75/box. Factor in the $20 off $150 coupons, and gift cards purchased off Ebay at 20% discount, and it's by far the cheapest ammo around.

I just like the ammo that shoots straight and the boxes fit in my 50cal ammo can in an even number... WWB 1000 rnds in a can!

Can you buy ammo online and have it shipped to MA?

also where do you guys buy paper targets from? I have gotten many different kinds from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom