Budget Bill and Pepper Spray

I heard that the governer signed the budget bill into law today.

I had also heard that the pepper-spray-is-not-ammuniton ammendment was in there.

Does anyone know if it was or still is?

The HB 4121/4285 thing kind of overshadowed the whole thing and makes searching really difficult.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I thought he could only line item veto items that required appropriations?

no. if the bill has any appropriations in it, for anything, then anything in the bill can be line vetoed

- - - Updated - - -

The legislature removed it during the committee of conference. Cowards.

well that sucks. a$$holes

There really should be a campaign about this... call it the "Commonwealth's War on Women" or something. MA is the only state in the country that makes pepper spray illegal without a license.

So was the pepper spray thing the only thing removed? I ask because I'm vaguely familiar with how the .gov likes to work - attach something really stupid to something that makes perfect sense and then when it fails only point to the thing that makes sense

So was the pepper spray thing the only thing removed? I ask because I'm vaguely familiar with how the .gov likes to work - attach something really stupid to something that makes perfect sense and then when it fails only point to the thing that makes sense

Look at the second link I posted... there's lots of stuff in there about going with the senate version or going with the house version, on an item by item basis. Without a detailed analysis it's hard to say what was added or removed. What is certain is that they removed the pepper spray stuff.

Screw you, Massachusetts legislature. Screw you too, Deval Patrick.

Hey, my Android tablet tried to replace Deval with fecal. Seems appropriate.

This is amusing, as they are also trying to make FID cards may issue. So, they just gave a huge middle finger to every woman in this state by doing this.

This is amusing, as they are also trying to make FID cards may issue. So, they just gave a huge middle finger to every woman in this state by doing this.

I hadn't thought of that yet... Is that other bill also making the "restricted FID" may issue also, not just the regular FID?

Not that it helps me any... As a non resident, I have no FID option.

Hey Massachusetts politicians, why do you hate women so much? You like seeing them raped or attacked by dogs? Only a psychopath would want that.

I hadn't thought of that yet... Is that other bill also making the "restricted FID" may issue also, not just the regular FID?

Not that it helps me any... As a non resident, I have no FID option.

Hey Massachusetts politicians, why do you hate women so much? You like seeing them raped or attacked by dogs? Only a psychopath would want that.

In the new bill, I believe, there will be no more restrictions on FID cards.

In the new bill, I believe, there will be no more restrictions on FID cards.

Okay, good, but this still won't help a lot of people.

Non-residents like me who travel to MA for work, for example. My mother lives in MA and every so often asks me if I can get her pepper spray. I tell her she has to go to the PD and apply for an FID. Like a lot of people, she's terrified of any interaction with police and won't consider doing so in a million years. (Her most recent interaction with them involved being pulled over for a headlight that keeps going out due to a crappy electrical system in the car, and the cop saying he was going to arrest her but then decided to give her a break. F-U- Plymouth cop, by the way! What kind of sick **** tells an old lady he's going to arrest her!! Screw you Plymouth MA cop!!)

Anyway, When I try to explain to her that getting caught with it means a few years in jail, she doesn't believe me. She really thinks I'm making it up and that anyone can go buy pepper spray and carry it without fear of being locked in a cage.

Massachusetts hates women. Massachusetts hates my mother. Massachusetts hates me.

I thought this was a done deal.
F*ckers.

If anyone has video of the September 13th hearing at Gardner Auditorium, you will hear those exact words spoken by Naughton. It's a done deal, he said, when one too many people called him on it. I cannot describe him accurately or i'll get banned.

I thought this was a done deal.
F*ckers.

Every session for ~20 yrs we've been hearing this . . . and then the two-faced bastards kill it (or refuse to act on it), each and every time.

You can bet that some backroom politicking was involved here . . . but we'll never learn who or why.

Any woman that wants PS , ignore our unjust Mass laws and get to NH and buy, baby buy. I know some that did, like Conn. Gun owners, refusing to submit.

Just like the folks who drive past the MADOT signs warning of 'fines and imprisonment' for possession of fireworks as they drive out of state to buy them, those in possession of pepper spray will not likely be charged. It's just another example of an unenforceable law. Try charging a woman (unlicensed) for using mace when she's being attacked and it will be a PR fiasco...

If anyone has video of the September 13th hearing at Gardner Auditorium, you will hear those exact words spoken by Naughton. It's a done deal, he said, when one too many people called him on it. I cannot describe him accurately or i'll get banned.

Linsky also "personally pledged" to make it happen on the radio (Dan Rea show? it was a joint interview/discussion with Brent/Comm2A). I could dig up the relevant thread if anyone is really interested.

Just like the folks who drive past the MADOT signs warning of 'fines and imprisonment' for possession of fireworks as they drive out of state to buy them, those in possession of pepper spray will not likely be charged. It's just another example of an unenforceable law. Try charging a woman (unlicensed) for using mace when she's being attacked and it will be a PR fiasco...

That could be. But, us guys are still screwed if we carry and ever get caught with it. Thing is, if you need to use on a human, you will likely get caught since someone is going to report the incident.

The politicians understand that the voting public has a very short attention span and hardly any memory. Voters forgive and forget the actions and inactions of the politicians. It would take a murderous rape assault weekly for the public and the politicians to get on the same page and force this issue.

Best regards.

Just heard from Senator Tarr's office. He believes that Sen Ross is going to reintroduce the amendment. The recommendation is to have all the women you know call their Senator about this issue.

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom