• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bruce Willis in remake of "Death Wish"

I'm sure Bronson is giving it a thumbs up. His last batch of movies really dragged him down in the end. This will give him some good PR.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

They need somebody uglier. And with a moustache. They shold see if Charles Bronson is available. Wait. He might be dead. Danny Trejo may work. Mexify it.

They need somebody uglier. And with a moustache. They shold see if Charles Bronson is available. Wait. He might be dead. Danny Trejo may work. Mexify it.

I think they're past the casting stage.

A really well-done revenge bloodbath is probably my favorite movie genre. Lowbrow taste. Oh well.

If history holds true, remakes tend to suck compared to the originals.
The only thing that's typically done better is the special effects and the more graphic violence.

Remakes that have sucked:

Planet of the Apes
Godzilla
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Clash of the Titans
The Karate Kid
Conan the Barbarian
The Stepford Wives
Poseidon
The Italian Job
Rollerball
Straw Dogs
Walking Tall
The Pink Panther
The Three Stooges Movie
Psycho
The Omen

Racist much?

Can somebody tell me what kind of Glock that is?

G17 3rd gen?

As a child I was particularly horrified when those animals broke into the woman's apartment.
Something about seeing a woman get her teeth bashed in an animal with a crow bar makes a person appreciate Bronson.
It was also unpleasant when she was thrown out the window and was impaled on the iron fence.

Last edited:
If there is any hint to die hard'ish BS and slapstick I will be up set... sadly I think that's what this will be Die Hard Death Wish.
I wont pay movie theater money to see this but will watch when it comes out for TV viewing

If history holds true, remakes tend to suck compared to the originals.
The only thing that's typically done better is the special effects and the more graphic violence.

Remakes that have sucked:

Planet of the Apes
Godzilla
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Clash of the Titans
The Karate Kid
Conan the Barbarian
The Stepford Wives
Poseidon
The Italian Job
Rollerball
Straw Dogs
Walking Tall
The Pink Panther
The Three Stooges Movie
Psycho
The Omen

Speaking of Bronson, you might as well add The Mechanic to that list.

Racist much?

Can somebody tell me what kind of Glock that is?

G17 3rd gen?

As a child I was particularly horrified when those animals broke into the woman's apartment.
Something about seeing a woman get her teeth bashed in an animal with a crow bar makes a person appreciate Bronson.
It was also unpleasant when she was thrown out the window and was impaled on the iron fence.

I'm fairly certain that it wasn't real.

Can we rent a movie theater for a group viewing? We could hang up NRA, GOAL and Glock banners and really freak out Maura and the snowflake/anti-gun crowd. MSNBC and CNN would be covering it and screaming about all the angry, armed white dudes attending.

I hope it maintains some continuity. Good to see Vinny Donofrio playing the "sensible friend" again. Is that what happens to your career when you pin everything on Al Gore in 2000??? (Or was it Kerry in 04? I forgot.) All you can play is the sensible friend walk-on???

But as far as continuity and such, there seems to be a LOT going on. I just caught Focus with Fresh Prince and Margot Robbie the other day. Good cast. Well directed. HORRIFIC script and plot. Like, it was B-A-D. Too much was going on so you never really cared about it all. Hoping Death Wish isn't TOO many plotlines that cause the whole movie to be lost.

Back
Top Bottom