• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

****Breakjng**** Multiple People Shot in Winthrop MA

He'd never have gotten down to Deer Island. Tafts Ave is small and easily blocked by the local cops, and that's even before you get to the Island.

I know the NES Tinfoil Brigade is out in force over this, but truly, Winthrop is not a vital national security asset. And very few things there are explosive. It IS adjacent to Logan, which is one of the reasons why there was such a massive and rapid LE response from so many different agencies.

He'd never have gotten down to Deer Island. Tafts Ave is small and easily blocked by the local cops, and that's even before you get to the Island.

I know the NES Tinfoil Brigade is out in force over this, but truly, Winthrop is not a vital national security asset. And very few things there are explosive. It IS adjacent to Logan, which is one of the reasons why there was such a massive and rapid LE response from so many different agencies.
No tinfoil. Just trying to figure out WTF a dude in his socks and two guns created this shit show and if he had a destination. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Btw, this is exactly what the PD is trying to figure out right now. So if trying to piece together a shit show makes you tinfoil, they are too.

He was probaly disoriented and looking for the bridge to Logan . In his mind the sewer cleaning truck was a viable method of taking out a 727. The perp was dillusional to say the least and that truck was a target off opportunity left running while it's crew was working. Although he was alert enough to know how to unlock the maxi's and get it moving without stalling the 10 wheeler .

I know, right?

Everyone knows the REAL retired staties all live in a centralized Retirement Pod out near Winchendon. That way, you just know that all the ones you see out for a walk in Winthrop MUST be undercover. Or a plant. Or a false flag. Or whatever else is written on the side of the roll of tinfoil.
Damn it. I always forget to read that label

He was probaly disoriented and looking for the bridge to Logan . In his mind the sewer cleaning truck was a viable method of taking out a 727. The perp was dillusional to say the least and that truck was a target off opportunity left running while it's crew was working.
Snackbar looking for the airport? Maybe.

93FB4B92-D0F5-47C1-9E19-2FB885FB831B.jpeg

No tinfoil. Just trying to figure out WTF a dude in his socks and two guns created this shit show and if he had a destination. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Btw, this is exactly what the PD is trying to figure out right now. So if trying to piece together a shit show makes you tinfoil, they are too.

Sometimes, there's no reason. Sometimes mental disorders are the reason. Sometimes getting blitzed out of your mind is the reason.

Stealing a large, identifiable truck and speeding down that particular block of Shirley Street has no discernible purpose. He'd have soon reached Veteran's Road and gone... nowhere. Nowhere at all. Hopping out of the cab and swaying down the road, killing bystanders makes even less sense. Occam's Razor suggests he was just a criminally reckless (or, likely, impaired) kid with no clear plan.

Somebody has to teach the reporters at the Boston Herald the difference between a box truck and a tractor trailer. In an article this a.m. they more than once referred to it as a tractor trailer unit and or a semi tractor trailer unit. Idiots....

What are you a retired truck driver or something? ...err..wait, never mind. ;)

🐯

...I mean, what do you expect them to do? Speculate as wildly as you do?

If there's nothing to report, it's more responsible for them to keep their mouths shut.
I expect them to say nothing if they have nothing to report. Using theories to try to piece together what might explain a bizarre looking puzzle isn’t “speculating wildly”, it’s simply testing possible theories that might explain known facts occurred.

What do you think investigators do exactly? They gather evidence and look for connections that piece together the real story. If a fact comes to light that contradicts the theory, the theory is discarded.

Right now, based on everything I’ve seen, I’m going with substance abuse as a key factor. If toxicology shows he wasn’t impaired, we throw out that as a factor and keep looking.

I expect them to say nothing if they have nothing to report. Using theories to try to piece together what might explain a bizarre looking puzzle isn’t “speculating wildly”, it’s simply testing possible theories that might explain known facts occurred.

What do you think investigators do exactly? They gather evidence and look for connections that piece together the real story. If a fact comes to light that contradicts the theory, the theory is discarded.

Right now, based on everything I’ve seen, I’m going with substance abuse as a key factor. If toxicology shows he wasn’t impaired, we throw out that as a factor and keep looking.

I hear that, but the news is at the mercy of what TPTB reveal. This is a town that hates being in the news. It would surprise me if the chief didn't play things close to the vest.

In light of that, the media can contact the plumbing company (which they've done) and people who know the suspect. I'm sure they're trying to, but it's a pretty closed-mouthed community when it comes to outsiders.

We really are kind of a mini version of the MSM in the sense that there's rush to get any and all info out there immediately

I don't blame us OR the MSM. I blame the 24-hour news cycle.

Every soldier or employee knows that, in the absence of information, people will make up rumors. Thus has it always been. The difference is that nowadays, those rumors spread with lightning speed, more or less constantly, and there's no reward for waiting.

We all want to be informed NOW. I'm as guilty as anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom