BREAKING: attack at Bastille Day celebrations

That statement does not. Factual discussions are one thing, jokes and other such horse shit that make these threads 3000 posts long are an other.

French police currently has 8,250 radical islamists living in France on a watchlist and under surveillance.
This guy was not on that list.
German media reporting that fact caused surprised reactions. Going to be a bad awakening for people in Europe when they realize that millions of potential terrorists are living among them...not just those thousands being on watchlists.

Last edited:
That was probably a bit much, sorry about that.

Anyway, just wanted to point out thread participation is voluntary.

I am aware, but we already have a thread for posting tired 2A memes and jokes as they relate to current affairs. It would be nice to keep threads like this clear for actual information and discussion about the topic.

when i was a lot younger i had thoughts that wiping out an entire country/people/culture that wanted to harm us was a fine idea..."kill em all, god will sort out his own" seemed to be good enough for me, especially after 9/11. i grew older and wiser and realized that it wouldn't be the best thing to be remembered as hitler 2.0 in history books. the more that i see shit like this happening the more i wonder if i was on the right track all those years ago. how do you fight and or eradicate members of a culture that want to destroy everything outside that culture?

I get what you are saying to a degree. I am not in favor of genocide but when things get to where it's "us" or "them" with no chance for a middle ground I no longer see "them" as a people that can be reasoned with or negotiated with. They will only understand one thing, overwhelming lethal force.

I still pray that we aren't there yet but when I see millions and millions of people who share a religion that preaches death to everyone else the way Islam does and I see how quickly and easily moderate, peaceful Muslims seem to become radicalized I truly wonder what options we really have left. I start to look at peaceful Muslims as sleepers who could at a moment's notice become terrorists. I am sorry, I know that is not fair to most Muslims, but these attacks are coming from Muslims who are not on any watch lists or tick any red flags anywhere, they were peaceful up to that point. So how can you not look at a Muslim with concern and suspicion. That is scary because that's how genocide starts.

I get what you are saying to a degree. I am not in favor of genocide but when things get to where it's "us" or "them" with no chance for a middle ground I no longer see "them" as a people that can be reasoned with or negotiated with. They will only understand one thing, overwhelming lethal force.

There is only ONE thing Western countries need to do to win, close the borders to Muslim immigration.

If Western countries don't do that, Islam wins the game of conquest by migration.

And Western countries aren't going to do that because of the trators within and their long term plans.

Hell, Nicholas Sarkozy, the former President of France, is on video saying that if the native French people don't brown themselves out voluntarily, the French government will have to make them do it by forced intermarriage/interbreeding.

That is what the French, and the rest of us, are up against.

I still pray that we aren't there yet but when I see millions and millions of people who share a religion that preaches death to everyone else the way Islam does and I see how quickly and easily moderate, peaceful Muslims seem to become radicalized I truly wonder what options we really have left. I start to look at peaceful Muslims as sleepers who could at a moment's notice become terrorists. I am sorry, I know that is not fair to most Muslims, but these attacks are coming from Muslims who are not on any watch lists or tick any red flags anywhere, they were peaceful up to that point. So how can you not look at a Muslim with concern and suspicion. That is scary because that's how genocide starts.
the way the French and Europeans have not done anything substantive in regards to the last 4 attacks it's going to end up being their "us" that gets annihilated and not the them.

when i was a lot younger i had thoughts that wiping out an entire country/people/culture that wanted to harm us was a fine idea..."kill em all, god will sort out his own" seemed to be good enough for me, especially after 9/11. i grew older and wiser and realized that it wouldn't be the best thing to be remembered as hitler 2.0 in history books. the more that i see shit like this happening the more i wonder if i was on the right track all those years ago. how do you fight and or eradicate members of a culture that want to destroy everything outside that culture?

The militant islamist have had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to the warrior nation of the USA. That's not to say that the US is a warrior nation per se, but that they have only been exposed to that side of our culture. Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Palestine, etc. really only have a sense for how badly we can eff them up. If only they knew how good we have it here they might try a little liberty and relaxation with the whole jihad thing.
I mean I grew up with ice cream and air conditioning. They're growing up with midnight raids and mine fields. They are not like us in very many ways.

I think that eradication is impossible, irresponsible, elitist, and wrong. But we can help these places assimilate to a more western culture.

It doesn't seem likely that a shooting/bombing/droning strategy is working. I think we need to start employing drastically different tactics in this "war on terror."

We ought to introduce them to some comfort and try to ween them off the whole death to America (and it's allies) trip that they seem to be on. We should drop playboy magazines on their villages.

There is only ONE thing Western countries need to do to win, close the borders to Muslim immigration.

If Western countries don't do that, Islam wins the game of conquest by migration.

And Western countries aren't going to do that because of the trators within and their long term plans.

Hell, Nicholas Sarkozy, the former President of France, is on video saying that if the native French people don't brown themselves out voluntarily, the French government will have to make them do it by forced intermarriage/interbreeding.

That is what the French, and the rest of us, are up against.

In that case, BASTILE DAY II is in order for France.

Read it again. I said " the time and place to revel in the fact that guns weren't used" I never said anyone is being joyous that people died, but there seems to be a rather snarky goofball attitude like "ha hey we should ban trucks!" It's this exact behavior why there can almost never be a discussion. Both sides automatically retreat to childish comments every time something bad happens.

I agree the remarks are off color (and unnecessary, as its not like anyone beyond us will take note of it anyways) but you're delusional if you believe there will ever "be a discussion" with most of the people interested in banning guns. We should be way beyond that at this point. Most of the antis I know on things like faceplant are rabit, shit-on-thier-lips types. To me those mother****ers are no different than pond scum types like child molesters, frankly. You can't get a diddler to stop diddling 99.9% of the time and its the same thing with most antis, they're both categories of people who are eternally just ****ed in the head.

-Mike

If the so called peaceful muslims would start going after the radicalized muslims and bringing them to justice, imprisoning and or executing the radical muslims among them it would be easier to believe that they condemn the radicals among them and that they want them caught & prosecuted for their crimes but they don't.

The militant islamist have had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to the warrior nation of the USA. That's not to say that the US is a warrior nation per se, but that they have only been exposed to that side of our culture. Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Palestine, etc. really only have a sense for how badly we can eff them up. If only they knew how good we have it here they might try a little liberty and relaxation with the whole jihad thing.
I mean I grew up with ice cream and air conditioning. They're growing up with midnight raids and mine fields. They are not like us in very many ways.

I think that eradication is impossible, irresponsible, elitist, and wrong. But we can help these places assimilate to a more western culture.

It doesn't seem likely that a shooting/bombing/droning strategy is working. I think we need to start employing drastically different tactics in this "war on terror."

We ought to introduce them to some comfort and try to ween them off the whole death to America (and it's allies) trip that they seem to be on. We should drop playboy magazines on their villages.

I think it's way too late for that. Besides, they aren't driven by a desire for ice cream and air conditioning or other comforts or treasure. They are driven by a fanatical devotion to a religion that preaches death to the infidel (meaning everyone who isn't Muslim). There is no way to negotiate around that. They want us dead, end of story.

The west has tried for years to work with them. Yes, the west has also brought war on them too, that's part of the human experience since the beginning of mankind. They have brought war on the west and Israel too. They are trying to do what you suggest in Europe by taking in these refugees and let them have ice cream and air conditioning and what have they gotten for it? They rape women and children and enjoy the air conditioning then they use the ice cream trucks to run over non-Muslims.

If the so called peaceful muslims would start going after the radicalized muslims and bringing them to justice, imprisoning and or executing the radical muslims among them it would be easier to believe that they condemn the radicals among them and that they want them caught & prosecuted for their crimes but they don't.
the problem is that there are only two types of Muslims. There are radical Muslims and moderate Muslims. Radical Muslims want to cut off your head, moderate Muslims want radical Muslims to cut off your head.

I think it's way too late for that. Besides, they aren't driven by a desire for ice cream and air conditioning or other comforts or treasure. They are driven by a fanatical devotion to a religion that preaches death to the infidel (meaning everyone who isn't Muslim). There is no way to negotiate around that. They want us dead, end of story.

The west has tried for years to work with them. Yes, the west has also brought war on them too, that's part of the human experience since the beginning of mankind. They have brought war on the west and Israel too. They are trying to do what you suggest in Europe by taking in these refugees and let them have ice cream and air conditioning and what have they gotten for it? They rape women and children and enjoy the air conditioning then they use the ice cream trucks to run over non-Muslims.
exactly I think I read that it was the excuse for him to have the truck was that he was going to deliver ice cream by special permit which he never had or was able to show to the police

I take your point. This article emphasizes it too.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

This article is really interesting and it exposes what I think to be a very diabolical but intelligent plan to grow ISIS in Europe by attacking countries that are keeping borders open to Syrian refugees in order to scare these countries into closing their borders. If the Refugees can't escape, they must join or die in these ISIS controlled areas, which swells the numbers of ISIS. The refugees, the majority of them, are families who want to get the hell away from these jerks, and with no open borders get trapped and find themselves having to become ISIS themselves. Pretty scary stuff.
I thank my luck stars that I call the USA my home, because of nothing other than the sheer dumb luck of having been born here.

That's great but its a logistical impossibility even if we thought that becoming Hitler Rev 2.0 was a good idea. Durkas are everywhere now.

-Mike

Yeah, the damage is done. It would be nice to try to stop the bleeding though, rather than continue to fly more in to be sprinkled around the country.

Yeah, the damage is done. It would be nice to try to stop the bleeding though, rather than continue to fly more in to be sprinkled around the country.

The problem is the raw numbers are bad. Say you have 2 billion durkas on the face of the earth with a defect rate of 5%. Even if only 5% are problem that's still a shitload of problems.

-Mike

I take your point. This article emphasizes it too.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

This article is really interesting and it exposes what I think to be a very diabolical but intelligent plan to grow ISIS in Europe by attacking countries that are keeping borders open to Syrian refugees in order to scare these countries into closing their borders. If the Refugees can't escape, they must join or die in these ISIS controlled areas, which swells the numbers of ISIS. The refugees, the majority of them, are families who want to get the hell away from these jerks, and with no open borders get trapped and find themselves having to become ISIS themselves. Pretty scary stuff.
I thank my luck stars that I call the USA my home, because of nothing other than the sheer dumb luck of having been born here.

I did not read the article.

Your logic is flawed though, in that the refugees that are committing these atrocities were never denied access. They were not trapped nor forced to become ISIS. They chose to become ISIS. They chose to kill people by any means possible.

F**k that noise.

I did not read the article.

Your logic is flawed though, in that the refugees that are committing these atrocities were never denied access. They were not trapped nor forced to become ISIS. They chose to become ISIS. They chose to kill people by any means possible.

F**k that noise.

Slight misunderstanding I think.
Many attacks occur in the open door countries with the strategic intent to intimidate the people of said free country into closing the doors for refugees. Yes these attacks have been carried out by people who have chosen to do so. They have been effectively indoctrinated into the jihadi mindset. They are but "soldiers" for ISIS, who have a strategic plan to attack these open door countries in the hopes of growing their ranks.
A great deal of ISIS recruitment is done through coersion and intimidation. ISIS has to raise money to maintain itself as a governing entity and cannot do so without a tax base....

Don't think that most muslims want to end the world. ISIS does however.

Back
Top Bottom