• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brandishing a Firearm with LTC

My brother in law had the local cops show up at his door after one of his commutes because some lady on the road reported him as having pointed a gun at her during a road rage incident and they tracked him down. Now he doesn't own or have access to any guns, he just put his index finger to his temple in a "use your brain, dumbass" gesture.

Good thing that he only has ten fingers - 11, and he'd have "large cap" troubles.

My brother in law had the local cops show up at his door after one of his commutes because some lady on the road reported him as having pointed a gun at her during a road rage incident and they tracked him down. Now he doesn't own or have access to any guns, he just put his index finger to his temple in a "use your brain, dumbass" gesture.

Had he owned guns, he would have been screwed...

NEVER GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After you step out of your car and ask the punk "Do you feel lucky?" -You are likely going to jail for assault and being an idiot. The guy who approached you is probably going to call the cops and tell them you pointed your gun, that he would be able to describe because you felt that you needed to show it to him. Once you have found this out the hard way, PM me and I will buy your gun out of impound.

Smile, wave and drive away.

My question is above in red.

Last edited:
Just drive away. I only had this happen once and it was years ago before I carried. I had 3 kids following me, one actually got out at a light and came up to the car and banged on the window yelling about something. To this day I don't know what their issue was. I tried to lose them but they wouldn't go away. Finally I call my friend who hangs out at the same bar as me and asked if he was there. He in fact was as well as about 6 other friends. I pulled into the lot and got out of the car, the 3 a$$holes came over to the car, and then were greeted by 7 or 8 of my friends. It didn't end well for them.

Just drive away. I only had this happen once and it was years ago before I carried. I had 3 kids following me, one actually got out at a light and came up to the car and banged on the window yelling about something. To this day I don't know what their issue was. I tried to lose them but they wouldn't go away. Finally I call my friend who hangs out at the same bar as me and asked if he was there. He in fact was as well as about 6 other friends. I pulled into the lot and got out of the car, the 3 a$$holes came over to the car, and then were greeted by 7 or 8 of my friends. It didn't end well for them.

I just call the nearest police station and drive there.

- - - Updated - - -

Had he owned guns, he would have been screwed...

Yup.

the first rule of not having to shoot anyone if a bunch of punks try to hurt you while you are in your car is to KEEP MOVING.

Remember the guy in NY with the Range Rover who accidentally clipped a bike. They surrounded his truck, he panicked and punched it, running over one of the bikes. After 15 min he got stuck in traffic. He allowed himself to stop. He had a 5000 lb range rover. He could have slowly made a path. But he chose not to.

Even if you are armed, this choice is preferable to using a firearm, especially in an urban environment.

At 3:44, the guy gets off the highway and turns into city streets. WHY??!!!! He was safe as long as he was moving.

[video]https://youtu.be/INfElroIKO0[/video]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom