• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club - Braintree, MA

I joined the Braintree RPC back in the spring and I think it's a great club. I've been doing some USPSA shooting with a bunch of guys at Ames RPC. It's been a lot of fun and I'd love to be able to do some action shooting at Braintree. Would like to practice some holster drawing and shoot some steel and shoot on the move. What are the chance that an action pit could be set up at Braintree?

BR&P is indeed a great club, but due to past accusations of rounds hitting a building and complaints of noise/seeing guns by residents of the new condos on the property line, BR&P will never allow anything like what you are looking for. That's why I have a dual membership . . . I do the practice stuff at Mansfield F&G.

I spoke with Jim McKenna (Republican WRITE-IN Candidate for AG) 2 hours ago. He tells me that he'll be at Braintree R&P's meeting Monday night. Jim said that he'll be there around 6PM (dinner served at 6PM and meeting starts at 7PM).

Jim made it to Braintree R&P, but well after the meeting was over.

He did get a chance to speak with ~1/2 the people who had been there originally as the Range Officers' meeting broke up after the general membership meeting had ended.

During the meeting I got to speak for a few minutes about Jim and handed out >50 write-in instruction slips to attendees.

Jim McKenna (Republican for AG) will NOT be at our Oct. 18th meeting. He is scheduled to be at an event in the Worcester area until 5PM and there is no way (short of a helicopter) that he could make it to Braintree in rush hour traffic in time. Jim sends his regrets, but running all over the state is a very difficult task.

Head up:

An outside company is doing a lead-reclamation project on BR&Ps ranges currently and for the next xx number of weeks. This is not costing the club any money, but it will lead to some inconvenience as one outdoor range at a time is shut-down while they are working. When they are done, they will restore the berm and range to the same condition it was (sans lead).

This past week they started on the right-most pistol/plinking range, so it is currently not available to members. The other outdoor ranges are available for use.

If you are a BR&P Member and registered for Email notices from the club, you would have been aware of this project. I believe it was also posted up on the door to the New Clubhouse as well.

What did Braintree do to raise the $$ for the baffles, eyebrows, etc?

They wrote a budget! [laugh]

Unlike every other club that I've ever been affiliated with, BR&P has no money woes. If you were a member and came to meetings, you'd hear the financial report and fully understand that the club has the money to do whatever is needed, whenever it is needed.

Assuming that you and most others reading this are not members, just do the basic math . . . ~3500 members x $100/year.

Ive been to this range a few times with members over the last ten years. Now that I have my LTC I have to ask, Any discount for Northeastshooter members? How about NES green members? Im looking to join a range

Ive been to this range a few times with members over the last ten years. Now that I have my LTC I have to ask, Any discount for Northeastshooter members? How about NES green members? Im looking to join a range

Sorry no discounts except for spouse members and juniors. Even those of us who volunteer time as ROs, running activities, etc. pay the same.

Hey y'all new to the brp online club, wishing all well... Ross do you need help building target frames let me know ok. Always willing to help out my club when time allows.

I was there mid-afternoon yesterday and it was hopping on the indoor ranges - in both club houses! Had an almost-newbie shooter with me (he hasn't shot a handgun in about 20 years) and he was determined to hit the target with the snubbie. LOL Nice to see so many people there (they're usually outside I suspect).

I understand that there is a discount for spouse but would that same discount apply for significant others? My gf wants to get into the sport but doesn't plan on getting an LTC. She just wants to be able to go to the range sometimes when I go without violating the one guest per month policy. Thanks.

I understand that there is a discount for spouse but would that same discount apply for significant others? My gf wants to get into the sport but doesn't plan on getting an LTC. She just wants to be able to go to the range sometimes when I go without violating the one guest per month policy. Thanks.

I'm just a member so I can't speak for the club, thus these comments are strictly my thoughts on the matter.

- Yes a spouse can join (spousal members don't have voting rights) for a mere $25/year. Full voting rights require separate memberships.

- I've always been a bit curious about SO members myself, but since I'm married, I never approached to ask about that policy. It's a good question that deserves to be asked of the BOD.

- Now we hit the roadblock . . . ALL members must have a LTC (maybe FID, unsure) so if your SO has no intention of getting a LTC, the above issues are moot.

- Family are "permanent guests" and not restricted to the normal guest policy. A good question to ask is "Is an SO treated the same as Family for this case?" Ask it of the BOD and then you'll know (and can advise others here).

I don't think you'll have a problem.

I highly recommend that your SO get her LTC. It's cheap legal protection given the MA anti-gun laws.

Last edited:
Just a "heads up" to BR&P Members.

CALL (781) 356-6323 ("New" clubhouse phone) BEFORE trekking out to BR&P with any intent of using any outdoor ranges over the next few months.

Ask if ANY of the outdoor ranges are "open" or if they are CLOSED for De-Leading BEFORE deciding to head over to the club and bring your gear. Then you can ask if an RO is indeed on duty (near holidays, some may not be available to "work" . . . remember it is a strictly volunteer effort).

When I showed up to RO this past Saturday I was surprised to see that BOTH outdoor pistol ranges are shut down for De-Leading. The original agreement with the firm doing this (at no cost to the club) was that ONLY ONE range would be shut down at any one time. That's obviously not the case, but I have no idea why or when either range will be re-opened (it's taking them a LOT LONGER than they originally estimated).

Come to the Annual Meeting on Sunday, December 12th (9AM doors open, meeting begins at 10AM, free luncheon at noon) and find out what's going on. [Don't bother asking me, I won't know anything until then either.]

LenS,

Not sure if you would know this but, I did not pay dues this year due to a few different circumstances. Can I pay my dues January without having to do the orientation again? Thanks.

LenS,

Not sure if you would know this but, I did not pay dues this year due to a few different circumstances. Can I pay my dues January without having to do the orientation again? Thanks.

You're right, I have no clue. I'd chat with Eric Goldman, explain your circumstances and see what he/they might be willing to do for you.

I'd like to add another positive compliment towards this club.

Today I took my girlfriend out shooting, and it was her first time shooting rifles. I instructed her as much as I could without being a PITA, and she was extremely safe (she's familiar with pistols). And it was a great time.

No one put on their Elmer Fudd hat and gave me shit about it. Or asked any dumb as hell MA compliance questions about my "assault rifles." And the range officer ran the busy line like pro.

I love this club.

At today's Annual Meeting, it was announced that the far right pistol and plinking range is supposed to open back up on Monday, 12/13/10.

The middle range (25 and 50 yd pistol range) will remain closed until some further work is done on it.

Thinking of joining, does the website offer membeship info? Sounds like a well run club from what I have been hearing. The club I just joined, seems to have the "old boy" group feel. I wish I had known before I wasted my money.

Thinking of joining, does the website offer membeship info? Sounds like a well run club from what I have been hearing. The club I just joined, seems to have the "old boy" group feel. I wish I had known before I wasted my money.

Billy, you can apply online at www.brp.org

If you want a tour, just stop by on Saturday between 10:30AM and 1PM. I'm on duty as RO and unless it is really nasty out, I should be on the outdoor ranges most of that time (otherwise in the new clubhouse-gray brick). I'll be glad to show you around and answer any questions that you have . . . just bring eye/ear protection so we can walk into the ranges.

I'm interested in being a range officer. who should I contact and how?

You should have come to last night's meeting. [wink] The members meeting lasted all of 18 minutes, but we hold our RO meeting right after the members meeting adjourns.

Contact Joe Norman, CRO or stop by the club almost any afternoon and meet up with him, he's usually there.

Back
Top Bottom