Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

[rofl2] Classic, bitch about it here and then go and start another thread afterwards and bitch about it there.

Let me try and help you out, this was a failure on your part for not being observant enough in the first place. Those signs with the dates on them have always been there(at least in the three years I've been a member), it isn't the club presidents fault or anyone else's that you've never taken notice of them.

If this is the most difficult thing you've had to deal with in life you've certainly lived a charmed f***ing life, best of luck at the next club you join and enjoy the fuddery pretty much everywhere else on the south shore. [laugh]

im sure this is not the most difficult thing the guy has encountered in life. I'm sorry but that was a tard statement. I'm not a member there, never would be from the things Ive heard in the past. He probably could have more observant, but the keyboard tough guy email is where the problem lies. He left his number, the president could have called. I guarantee his tone would have been different in person or even the phone. Anyone who would write that in an email is a pussy.

Use a medium hot iron and a spritz of water to remove the wrinkles in your panties. Careful not to burn them by moving the iron around.

I have yet to see any club which is perfect and most have closed membership. Good luck in your new surroundings.

The guy had a legitimate complaint and the response he got from the president was offensive. That doesn't justify complaining about it online?

[rofl2] Those signs with the dates on them have always been there(at least in the three years I've been a member), it isn't the club presidents fault or anyone else's that you've never taken notice of them. [laugh]

So the idea is that you load up your supplies, and drive however long to get to the club so you can read a sign above an archaic white board to find out it's closed?

The presidents response was out of line. I doubt very much the he would have responded that way face to face.

I've been a member >17 years and that board listing all the CMP matches has always been there and listed the entire year's matches. They are mentioned at every meeting. There is a link off the activities page about the matches, reading as quoted below:

http://brp.org/Activities/CMPProgram/tabid/1145/Default.aspx
Match dates are posted in the clubhouse, but are always on the third Saturday of the month from March through November. The match signup and orientation begin at 9 AM, and the actual firing begins at around 10 AM.

I readily admit that the calendar is deficient in not listing these matches, but if anyone's been a member for more than a few months, actually walked into the new clubhouse and looked around (the board it is on is large and right next to the door into the indoor range) should notice it if they aren't blind. Sorry that it isn't a flashing LED sign, but the technology (or lack thereof) seems to work for the other 6000 members.

As for the "archaic white board", that is used for urgent messages/announcements that usually are out of the ordinary. Again seems to work for the other 6000 members.

One bad apple...

Yes, the keyboard tough guy president. The only thing that stands out in this whole event is the guys response to the member. Only a coward would write that when he could have at a minimum called or met in person at the club to discuss. Whether the complaint was just or not it didn't warrant the ignorant response from the supposed leader of the club. Not surprised though, I've never heard a good word about the club.

im sure this is not the most difficult thing the guy has encountered in life. I'm sorry but that was a tard statement. I'm not a member there, never would be from the things Ive heard in the past. He probably could have more observant, but the keyboard tough guy email is where the problem lies. He left his number, the president could have called. I guarantee his tone would have been different in person or even the phone. Anyone who would write that in an email is a pussy.

There's a phone number on the homepage of the website he could have called to check before leaving his place, had he done that there'd be no need to bitch about it in two threads. If I was the pres. I wouldn't have bothered to even respond until Mon., or does the pres. now not deserve a day off?

The guy had a legitimate complaint and the response he got from the president was offensive. That doesn't justify complaining about it online?

Offensive? What's next around here, safe places? [laugh] The poster told the president what needed being done, I'm sure the presidents at other clubs would have dropped everything and acquiesced to do what they were told to do immediately.

So the idea is that you load up your supplies, and drive however long to get to the club so you can read a sign above an archaic white board to find out it's closed?

The presidents response was out of line. I doubt very much the he would have responded that way face to face.

Or once and awhile look around seeing they hold CMP events on the third Sat. of pretty much every month.

Place sounds like Fudd central, find a new club....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Actually it's quite the opposite, so long as you're being safe the ROs pretty much leave you alone. Aside from that the only thing that comes to mind is the RO rule for the outdoor range. No mandatory meetings, no having to pay extra because you don't work the parties or do maintenance, you don't have to pay every time you visit the range on top of your dues, load up a full mag, load up a drum/100 round mag and dump all you want(hell, I've seen an RO do that). Show up, shoot, split(or hang out, drink coffee, light up a smoke, and watch TV).

JC, when the f*** did everyone around here become so sensitive and easily offended? [rolleyes]

I love how a place has an online calendar for a REASON, and when someone complains that events aren't in there that should be, the person is told to look in multiple other places. To those people I ask: why have the calendar at all then? Do you hate having information clearly laid out for everyone so as to avoid confusion? It's kinda sad that people defend a deficiency in operations.

Even if you think the OP was over the line in how he worded his email, the Presidents response is absolutely uncalled for.

But oh well, I'm not a member there, never will be. I'd continue driving twice as far to get to Harvard.

Actually BA what you are supposed to do is disregard the one stop source (calandar) for range availability and click on the Activities Link, then click on each of the 6 links "Pistol Team, Archery, Trap, CMP, NRA and Junior" to make sure there is nothing that is scheduled.

Here is the process.

http://www.brp.org/TheBRPCEnvironment/tabid/1780/Default.aspx

http://www.brp.org/Activities/PistolTeam/tabid/1140/Default.aspx

http://www.brp.org/Activities/CMPProgram/tabid/1145/Default.aspx

http://www.brp.org/Portals/72/PDFs/cmpschedule2016.pdf

There it is! Range is not available June 18.

Yeah, it's pretty much a brick and" mortar " club. Not so strong on virtual stuff.
you have to actually show up a few times to learn the ropes.

Outrageous huh?

I love how a place has an online calendar for a REASON, and when someone complains that events aren't in there that should be, the person is told to look in multiple other places. To those people I ask: why have the calendar at all then? Do you hate having information clearly laid out for everyone so as to avoid confusion? It's kinda sad that people defend a deficiency in operations.

Even if you think the OP was over the line in how he worded his email, the Presidents response is absolutely uncalled for.

But oh well, I'm not a member there, never will be. I'd continue driving twice as far to get to Harvard.
All true statements. However......clubs are run by volunteers.......OP could offer to be the calendar coordinator and update it based on emails sent to him and ensure the club has an accurate and timely calendar that is easy to use by membership? Be part of the solution so to say?

But.......the club president......if he/she was a good communicator could have responded with:

Sir
I hear your frustration with the calendar situation on the website. Would you be interested in volunteering to be the "event coordinator" and be given access to update the website calendar with events based on information sent to you on an email account from the club?

See how professional that is? And it may have fixed the problem? Instead.....the president created discontent and doubtful that the op will be willing to help at all after being cursed at.

Last edited:
Posting per request of BR&P club president:

Much has recently been posted to Northeast Shooters web site regarding the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club. The web site, and its forum, potentially serve a purpose to inform your members interested in firearms and shooting. Recently, however, much has been written bashing the BRPC. While differences of opinions are legitimate, falsehoods and outright lies are not.

Firstly, as president, I do not respond to e mails generally. The response received by a member regarding being unable to shoot when a CMP match that was being held and not on the club calendar is a legitimate complaint, had that actually been the case. Either way, the response allegedly received by this individual, and as coming from me, is not accurate.

The club goes to great lengths to maintain and update the calendar. Being a volunteer organization, sometimes things slip by. BRPC has over 6000 members currently. It costs upward of $300,000 per year to run the club, not including capital improvements. The executive board works diligently to maintain the property and see to it that the ranges function properly and safely. The result is what I would argue is the best shooting facility in Massachusetts. We have two indoor ranges open 24/7 with automatic target carriers and a state of the art HVAC systems. We have a rifle range with targets at 50 and 100 yards, and two pistol ranges, including a small plinking range. The club has a trap field and an archery field. BRPC has one of the largest juniors programs for kids ages 11 to 18. We also host the North Quincy Air Force Jr. ROTC. BRPC has a Pistol Team and a Rifle Team and an active CMP program. Those certified as instructors teach and certify hundreds of new shooters each year.

While many will argue which is the best club, and there are some great clubs in Massachusetts, certain facts reported in Northeast Shooters about BRPC warrant correction.

1. The club has never had a bullet leave the property. Allegations were made some years ago about bullets hitting a building to the rear of our 87 acres. At that time we requested the NRA Range folks conduct an investigation. The NRA response was excellent and I encourage all clubs to take advantage of their Range program. What they found was that persons had been trespassing on our property, despite the fact that is fenced. Apparently access was gained from the railroad tracks to our West. No bullet from our ranges has ever been proven to have struck or landed on property beyond our property lines. Any so called “verified” report is simply untrue.

2. The NRA made several recommendations regarding such things as berms, placement of targets, operating procedures and a host of other things. Work was performed to upgrade the ranges. As such, our ranges are designed so that a bullet cannot leave our property
provided persons shoot from the designated areas. While we like to believe that all members would abide by our rules and regulations to insure safety on the ranges, as they say, one bad apple can spoil the bunch, or in this case get the club CLOSED. The range officer program was started to insure the rules are followed, as well as assist shooters and in my opinion, all involved do an outstanding job. Allegations that RO’s asked for the serial numbers off of someone’s magazine are simply untrue as are several posts in Northeast Shooters about the RO’s. What is a fact is that RO’s volunteer for 3 hour shifts, sometimes multiple times per week. Our RO’s insure that our ranges remain open and operate safely. They are there to, and do, help members. Under the guidance of Chief RO Joe Norman, over half our RO’s are NRA certified.

3. Despite our property being abutted by apartments to our west and houses to our north, BRPC has NEVER received a neighbor complaint. Even when construction was anticipated at the club part of the permitting process was to notify neighbors and obtain signatures. Our neighbors have been very supportive of the club because we have considered them in our operating hours. BRPC supports several teams, the historical society and we are active in town events.

4. While several of the comments on Northeast Shooters have been directed at me personally, I feel compelled to briefly respond. I am more than happy to speak with or meet with anyone interested in the BRPC as well as listen to and address legitimate complaints about the club. While I may not agree with you, I will always listen. Anyone who has attended a member’s meeting or the annual meeting can confirm this fact.

5. As for my profession, yes, I am an attorney and quite proud of that fact. My practice is varied. I represent insurance companies and their insured’s, like you, who have been sued. I have successfully defended several gun clubs in Massachusetts. Through my firm, I represent members of various police departments facing disciplinary issues and before internal affairs and firearm discharge boards. I also handle personal injury matters, criminal cases and cases involving firearms licensing/revocation. I practice in both State and Federal Courts and have tried hundreds of cases. As I said, a varied practice. It’s funny how many people dislike lawyers….until they need one.

I have no doubt that this response will result in additional comments. I hope that they will be positive and constructive. The BRPC is an excellent facility. Personal attacks should be banned and erased from the Northeast Shooters Forum.

Respectfully,

Eric S. Goldman, President of the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club.

Well! I'm sure that'll settle everything...

He said, he said. Who knows what's true?

Posting per request of BR&P club president:

If Mr Goldman is saying that he did not send those emails, He is a liar. I will post his email address and HIS responses by way of screenshots. If he did not send the emails I would like a sit down face to face with him and the person who DID send those emails. If Mr Goldman was so concerned about my allegations then why did he not contact me? Why? Because he is a liar.

Last edited:
Capture.JPG first email.JPG 2nd email.JPG

They speak for themselves.
1-A screen shot of my internet based in box (with a Facebook's friend's name covered).
2-The first response from Mr. Goldman. FROM HIS EMAIL ADDRESS AND FROM HIS PHONE.
3-My response to Mr. Goldman's first email (exactly as I wrote in my posts)

Mr Goldman is lying.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get into whether the responses from either of you were appropriate or not.

You can either try to meet with Eric face to face and discuss it, quit the club and find one more to your liking (probably best alternative) or just post rants here on NES which will accomplish nothing.

If it makes you feel better I agreed a long time ago with you that some regular events (including CMP) aren't on the calendar and should be. Eric even acknowledged that in what he asked me to post above. AFAIK, Eric does NOT control the calendar, it is another volunteer (who I am not certain).

Eric simply asked me to post what he wrote and sent to me and I cut and pasted it from the Word Doc he sent me. I take no position on who is more right or more wrong (other than the calendar issue I addressed above).

I'm not going to get into whether the responses from either of you were appropriate or not.

You can either try to meet with Eric face to face and discuss it, quit the club and find one more to your liking (probably best alternative) or just post rants here on NES which will accomplish nothing.

If it makes you feel better I agreed a long time ago with you that some regular events (including CMP) aren't on the calendar and should be. Eric even acknowledged that in what he asked me to post above. AFAIK, Eric does NOT control the calendar, it is another volunteer (who I am not certain).

Eric simply asked me to post what he wrote and sent to me and I cut and pasted it from the Word Doc he sent me. I take no position on who is more right or more wrong (other than the calendar issue I addressed above).

No offense but Your position is welcomed because this is a semi public forum but ultimately doesn't change the situation. I made my motives clear in my second post which is to make sure that the Mr Goldman's reaction and conduct (as the president of the braintree gun club) be shared with anyone who might be thinking about joining the club.

Mr Goldman has not once tried to contact me by email or phone. He has all of my contact information.

Just a heads up, the old indoor range is closed due to a fan failure. The guys didn't know when it will be fixed. Just got back. The place was mobbed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No offense but Your position is welcomed because this is a semi public forum but ultimately doesn't change the situation. I made my motives clear in my second post which is to make sure that the Mr Goldman's reaction and conduct (as the president of the braintree gun club) be shared with anyone who might be thinking about joining the club.

Mr Goldman has not once tried to contact me by email or phone. He has all of my contact information.

Sir I feel your frustration.... one of the club's I belong to takes our range away from the members 3-4 weeks a year for LEO training....it took years to get them to post these dates on the web site and what pisses me off now is they have rain dates so the week you thought they where there now is unknown if it rains.. Before you wouldn't know until you showed up. The other club I go to has a active and up dated web site. Most of the info can be found on the first page.

One thing that happens at both clubs though is if you step up with problem you are often motioned to be nominated to be the chair of the XYZ problem.
As for the CMP we turn late comers away if they have never shot cmp or a M1. To be fair to the club CMP should finish on time.

BRP E-bd meets first Monday of the month, all ranges are open. Member meeting is 2nd Monday, dinner is served before the meeting (at no cost). We ask that no one shoot during members meeting because if you are at the club, you should come to the meeting. It rarely goes over 45 minutes. Old Colony Collectors meets 3rd Monday, ranges are all open. Rifle team shoots Tuesday nights from 7-10 in season (fall/winter) in range 2, range 1 is still open. 2-hand pistol shoots Wednesdays nights in season in range 2, range 1 is open. Pistol Team shoots Thursday nights 7-10 in range 2, 1 is open. Juniors meet every Friday 7-9 year round in range 2, 1 is open. CMP meets every month except Jan and Feb on the 3rd Saturday on the rifle range, all other ranges are open. This schedule has been in place for 30+ years.
With very very few exceptions when an event is in progress it is taking up only one of 2 or several ranges.
E-Bd meetings are open to anyone that wants to attend. I've been an E-Bd member for 13 years and can count on one hand the number of members that have showed up to observe in those years.
Out of ~6k members maybe 60 show up for members meeting and most only because it's a free dinner and combined with a RO meeting after. Before we offered food with the meeting we would get maybe 12 members to show up.
BRP is not a business. We are not there to please whomever happens to need a place to shoot. We are a club formed of like minded individuals that wish to promote and participate in the shooting sports. The E-Bd members give hundreds of hours of effort to the club every year. We do it for the benefit of the club as a non-profit organization devoted to the shooting sports. We invite every member to every event.
It has been described as thus: the club used to be like a yacht club where all the members met and shared their sport with others. It's being treated like a marina where you hand your boat to the dock hand and want him to wash it and put it away.
We can organize the events, maintain the club and ranges and manage the finances all while keeping the membership mostly happy.
It's $125 a year to be a member at BRP. I myself am a member at another club also. If you can't find the perfect club, maybe a combination of 2 or 3 might work for you. If you are unhappy with whatever the Braintree club does or does not you can come to some meetings and find out if you can help out.
Or not.
But if you get offended by an email and vent it out over a bbs maybe you should have come to a few meetings instead.

Last edited:
If I ask about any high cap/low recoil/, post ban/pre compliant, banned/but on the AG's approved list detachable clip shotguns for sale/wanting to sell...will this thread be shut down?

Back
Top Bottom