"Braintree police audit shows $407,998 and 60 guns missing from evidence room"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/2...407998-and-60-guns-missing-from-evidence-room

60 Missing firearms
$408,000 in seized cash missing

And the Officer who ran the evidence room had committed suicide back in May and two firearms were recovered on her property from the evidence locker.

[FONT=&quot]"Two firearms were recovered in June from the home of Susan Zopatti, who was the police department’s evidence officer until May, when she died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A .40-caliber Glock Model 23 pistol and a .25-caliber Beretta handgun were recovered from Zopatti’s home in June. One was listed as having been returned to its owner, and the other, owned by Michael Flemmi – a retired Boston police officer and brother of convicted murderer Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi, an associate of former mob boss James “Whitey” Bulger – was still listed as being stored in the department’s gun locker."[/FONT]

The officer didnt just commit suicide in may, she did it when the investigation started. Maybe if they had securely locked up their firearms such a thing wouldn't have happened...

I only know one cop in the town and he is the Licensing officer...he is a great guy...I remember seeing the lady cop once when I was at the station talking to him. Pretty messed up

I only know one cop in the town and he is the Licensing officer...he is a great guy...I remember seeing the lady cop once when I was at the station talking to him. Pretty messed up

I worked in Braintree for years closely with PD.

A lot of good cops on that department and also alot of bad ones. Braintree has had a lot of issues over the years and been in the news for all kinds of things.

Similar thing happened in Springfield. Evidence room officer retired and an audit came up $300K short. He didn't off himself, though.

im sure the internal investigation will find all the missing items.......

I just cant get the image of the CHIEF walking through the locker room at each shift change with a basket collecting the lost guns
"OK boys and girl hand them over, you can have them back after we are done with the investigation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom