Bought my first gun!

I am a 23yr old young professional and just received my LTC-A in Peabody MA. Took about 4 months to get the license after applying. I went to buy my first gun today and purchased a Sig Sauer .40 P226. While I have shot a variety of handguns, I really enjoy the feel, weight, and history behind the P226. I almost never plan on carrying so I am not concerned that it is a full size. I paid $850 (w/Nightsights) for it and also bought a variety of accessories including a pistol cleaning kit, Peltor electronic earmuffs, yellow tinted glasses, and some ammunition.

My father in PA, is also sending me a Ruger MKIII pistol that he doesn't use much. I plan on using that for the majority of my range time because the .22lr ammo will be much cheaper then the .40, but it will be great to finish off a session with a few blasts from the Sig!

I look forward to posting on this forum and learning more about the gun owner community.

Last edited:
I am a 23yr old young professional and just received my LTC-A in Peabody MA. Took about 4 months to get the license after applying. I went to buy my first gun today and purchased a Sig Sauer .40 P226. While I have shot a variety of handguns, I really enjoy the feel, weight, and history behind the P226. I almost never plan on carrying so I am not concerned that it is a full size. I paid $850 (w/Nightsights) for it and also bought a variety of accessories including a pistol cleaning kit, Peltor electronic earmuffs, yellow tinted glasses, and some ammunition.

My father in PA, is also sending me a Ruger MKIII pistol that he doesn't use much. I plan on using that for the majority of my range time because the .22lr ammo will be much cheaper then the .40, but it will be great to finish off a session with a few blasts from the Sig!

I look forward to posting on this forum and learning more about the gun owner community.
That. Is. Rediculous.

Glad you finally got it bro, but damn.

Sig 226 was my first and I never, never had a moment of buyer's remorse. Not one. (Although I will admit that I wanted number two before my truck's alternator turned over int he stores parking lot.)

I recently brought a close friend into the mix. His original position (in August) was "eh, why do you want guns..." I could see something was wrong so I added:

1. One NRA safety course via Wayne Wong.
2. One weekend of blastophilia with several hundred dollars worth of ammo.
3. A few coaxing phone calls to get him to the Lincoln, MA police station.

Then, I shook it all up really hard. To my joy and surprise, out the other end came a libertarian with a new passion for shooting, a new unrestricted MA LTC, and a brand new Sig P226 in 9.

Yes, he loves it too. I've never, ever met anyone who owns one who doesn't think it's the balls.

Now you have one too. Good on you!

First, congrats on the new license! I'm surprised it took that long, but it's good that you got an unrestricted A.

Second, how do you plan on getting the Ruger into MA? Mass has some very tight handgun laws, and from what I've read, is very murky on "borrowing" guns. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that.

First congratulations. The Sig 226 is a great gun. second do your self a favor never sell your first gun. Welcome to the group.

Congrats!

Be careful on the transfer from out of state. It has to go through a dealer. The Ruger and Sig will set you up nicely! 226 was my first pistol too.

Yea, I plan on keeping the P226 for a long long time! I think I might add a few accessories to the Ruger, thats going to be my souped up target gun. My dad is going to have it shipped from his local dealer to one up by me, will be $40 to get it officially transfered to my ownership.

^^ I think it's because I typed up a really well written reason as to why I would like to have the unrestricted license. I drafted a few copies and up until the day I was applying, I still wasn't 100% sure which letter I would use, lol.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Here are some pictures to enjoy:

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

Last edited:
Nice gun!

Congrats on the license.

good cheap websites
www.cheaperthandirt.com

Also, I know you didn't plan on carrying. I didn't either. Now I carry every day.
If you choose to later, there is plenty of threads here on carrying comfortably and reasonably.

Someday I'll get a Sig. I just need to make sure I get a short trigger. It's too far away.

Congrats!! The Sig is one fine firearm, I have a 229 in .40 myself.

If you join the forum (go green) you find that there are a number of shoots, get togethers and all kinds of fun stuff going on here. Best $19 bucks I've spent.

Love it

My first was a 226 in 9mm. I was at georgetown fish and game today. I shot my mossburg, s&w 442 .38sp, glock 36 .45cal, and my sig 226. All the others were fun, but I could shoot the 226 all day. I have only shot a few other 9mm guns, but the sig is definitely worth a couple bucks more. It may seem odd to bring a bunch to the range, but I am a newbie and can not figure out which gun should stay home.

Back
Top Bottom