bought my first gun today.

I went to Four Seasons at lunch and availed myself of the latest S&W deal. $439 after rebate for a M&P9 seems like a great deal though I played around with a SW1911 for a bit and almost got that instead.

Anyway, I walked out with the M&P, a cleaning kit, a Gun Vault and some other stuff. However, I couldn't believe some of the questions on the ATF form. "Are you a fugitive from justice?" Who writes this stuff?

Hopefully you guys are happy there's another gun owner in MA.

Congrats! You now have the virus that will leave your wallet dry. The M&P 9 is a GREAT choice for a first gun. You will not be disappointed. After you master it, pick yourself up a 9c and you'll be covered for the range and carry. The $50 rebate and two free mags is truly an unreal deal. Good luck!

Congrats Paul!

I've held the 9mm and .40. Kind of waiting for the .45 to show up before I decide.

I'm waiting on a Seecamp .32 to show up there...would like to have one of those little pocket protectors in my collection for occassional use during the hot months...and maybe all year round. [grin]

The c models are very similar to the Walther P99/P99c...ever wonder where the M&P got its ideas? The Walther.

Congrats Paul!

I've held the 9mm and .40. Kind of waiting for the .45 to show up before I decide.

I'm waiting on a Seecamp .32 to show up there...would like to have one of those little pocket protectors in my collection for occassional use during the hot months...and maybe all year round. [grin]

The c models are very similar to the Walther P99/P99c...ever wonder where the M&P got its ideas? The Walther.

You'll love the Seecamp. Great little pistol. Beautifully made.

Congrats! You now have the virus that will leave your wallet dry. The M&P 9 is a GREAT choice for a first gun. You will not be disappointed. After you master it, pick yourself up a 9c and you'll be covered for the range and carry. The $50 rebate and two free mags is truly an unreal deal. Good luck!

Thanks. I have to be careful though as I have other expensive hobbies and my wife knows how to shoot a gun.

Yes, we are happy. There's strength in numbers, y'know!

Conga-rats on your first purchase!

congarats.gif

Congrats Paul!

Thanks Ronbok. I don't see myself carrying but it's a possibility. Hopefully the Walther PPS makes it into this state as that looks pretty good.

I'll also need to get a real safe someday but we plan on moving in the next year or two and I don't want to do it until then. So, I can't go too wild with purchases.

Congratulations...a good buy. Thinking of getting one of those myself at some point. Now you can wave any savings you have goodbye. You're now one of us. I'm off next week to buy another gun myself (one week after my last purchase). [crying]

Congratulations...a good buy. Thinking of getting one of those myself at some point. Now you can wave any savings you have goodbye. You're now one of us. I'm off next week to buy another gun myself (one week after my last purchase). [crying]

A wise choice to go with the 9mm. At least you won't go broke buying ammo and will hopefully get to shoot it more. Let's see, now you need a holster and and some mag pouches and you are ready for the USPSA Production Division...

-Cuz.

Thanks everyone. The next steps for me are to mount the Gun Vault and join Harvard Sportsman's club.

Unfortunately, the only place I can mount the safe is in my master closet. I was hoping to mount it closer but I guess this is ok.

Congrats!

I'm waiting on a Seecamp .32 to show up there...would like to have one of those little pocket protectors in my collection for occassional use during the hot months...and maybe all year round.

If you can't wait, try AG Guns in Lowell, they had the Seecamps there and on sale recently. Hopefully they're still there. I almost bought one but I somehow managed to resist.

Welcome - I bought my first gun in May - I may not be on pace with some of the other guys on this forum, but I just bought my third last weekend - These guys aren't kidding when they say it's a sickness [smile]

And no matter how many guns you have, you will ALWAYS find another that you just have to have. DAMHIK. [crying]

Heh, well, I really wish I bought a 1911 now so I see that happening in the relatively near future. 9mm will be good for practice though.

Thanks Ronbok. I don't see myself carrying but it's a possibility. Hopefully the Walther PPS makes it into this state as that looks pretty good.

I'll also need to get a real safe someday but we plan on moving in the next year or two and I don't want to do it until then. So, I can't go too wild with purchases.

Ah..yes. The PPS looks very promising. Back to waiting for the mASS compliant version...[sad]

Thanks. I have to be careful though as I have other expensive hobbies and my wife knows how to shoot a gun.

Your M&P9 is a great choice: practice is easy on the wallet and it's a great weapon for training.

More important: you apparently made a great choice in marriage!

Back
Top Bottom