Boston to allow licensed gun owners to register their guns

Noted, but I shoot at a gun-range that has presence, and visibility, by LEOs. I'm not getting jammed-up by owning/shooting an unregistered gun. You wanna 'carry the flag'? Be my guest, the State would be more-than-happy to open your gun safe the HARD way. Guns stay 'underground' because the wrong people have them, but have no 'legal' avenue to sell them for cash. Gun buyback is a total joke, anyone can visit GunBroker.com and find-out that their Tec-9 is worth FAR more than what any buyback program would offer.

I used to shoot at one of the most popular ranges in MA, Harvard Sportsmens Club. Many of the local police departments did their practice there. Guns are NOT required to be registered in MA. Know your laws and stop being a sheep.

- - - Updated - - -

In that case I hope you carry all your FA-10 copies with you and go up to each officer and show him your paperwork along with the gun before you shoot it. [tinfoil] [laugh2]

Exactly

- - - Updated - - -

Every posting in the Forum Classifieds section state: "Statement of Legal compliance:
I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.
"

or

"FTF on a FA10, or your dealer (you pay for xfer)."

Have you FA-10'd a gun not registered, with no penalty? What part of the above statements are you advocating I ignore 'in-protest'?

YES

That's not really the question - let's say I buy a 'private-party' gun and attempt to do an EFA10 as the buyer. The gun is actually an 'underground' gun with no MA registration or paperwork whatsoever, and I'm the first citizen attempting to bring it 'above-ground' with the EFA10....does that 'work', legally, or do I get a knock at the door later when my EFA10 application doesn't cross-reference to any-other database?

What I'm NOT hearing is the following: "Yes, this is In-State-legal and I have first-hand experience with this transaction."
What I AM hearing is: "I've been a witness for the defense during a jury-trial prosecution"

I dunno about you, but I'd rather stay out of a courtroom. Things get expensive and life gets complicated in there.....

"underground" guns? LOL Did you not read Len's post? Have you been getting your law info from an LGS?

Reminds me of a situation a few years ago...overheard a guy from Georgia in my local LGS at the time. He was explaining that he was moving up here...what did he need to do, etc. etc. LGS worker told him he needed to FA-10 all of his guns that he brought with him as soon as he had his LTC, etc. etc. I waited for the guy to leave and left at the same time. In the parking lot, I told him that was total BS and he should log on to NES and brush up on the Mass Law section, paying attention to posts by LenS.

I don't get it. If a gun was used previously in a crime and there is a record of it, How the **** did it get back on the street?

These Statists are smart to exploit the stupidity of the masses.

Bad Cop? Boston needed money? ect

That's not really the question - let's say I buy a 'private-party' gun and attempt to do an EFA10 as the buyer. The gun is actually an 'underground' gun with no MA registration or paperwork whatsoever, and I'm the first citizen attempting to bring it 'above-ground' with the EFA10....does that 'work', legally, or do I get a knock at the door later when my EFA10 application doesn't cross-reference to any-other database?

What I'm NOT hearing is the following: "Yes, this is In-State-legal and I have first-hand experience with this transaction."
What I AM hearing is: "I've been a witness for the defense during a jury-trial prosecution"

I dunno about you, but I'd rather stay out of a courtroom. Things get expensive and life gets complicated in there.....

Perfectly legal and you won't be "pulled into a courtroom" because you bought or sold a gun that hasn't previously been transferred since they implemented the FA-10 system. NOT AN ISSUE.

In your case you are more likely to get a knock at the door by men in white coats with a butterfly net, ready to take you away. Really you can't read and comprehend anything we tell you. You would be better off bringing all your guns to your local police and turn them in with your LTC, assuming you even have one.

Be aware that there was a NES member who was denied his LTC because of his posts on NES and with a lot of the stuff you've posted as "fact" if your LO/chief figures out who you are, you could be at risk. [I suspect that the thread is still here somewhere.]

I was testifying because the guy's ex-wife ratted him out for having a rifle with an expired FID card and unsecured. Lots of charges were thrown at him, but I was instrumental in getting the judge to throw out all the bogus charges. He still was sentenced to 18 months for the unsecured rifle however, that was a slam dunk for the ADA.

The same ones who would ask to see my SBR tax-stamp if I pulled-out a 'shortie'.

How many of your guns are unregistered in the State? Put-up or shut-up.
People who moved into the state with guns are not required to register any of them - so there are plenty.

Also, the person transferring the gun is the only one compelled to register, except on an out of state purchase on a long gun.

Many valid reasons for guns not to be registered.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

You as the buyer do not do the fa-10, that is the seller's responsibility.

If you have a bill of sale, you are good to go. The seller, not so much.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

In your case you are more likely to get a knock at the door by men in white coats with a butterfly net, ready to take you away. Really you can't read and comprehend anything we tell you. You would be better off bringing all your guns to your local police and turn them in with your LTC, assuming you even have one.

wow Len just said what most of us were thinking . i was going to say the same thing , but figured that i'd get an infraction for the way that i would have said it .

cheers

Can we put Skeletor under oath and repeat his lies?

Eventually I do think that will happen as the result of a Comm2A case. At least assuming Evans hasn't retired by the time such a case is squeezed through the festering bowels of the legal system.

Here is from the Herald paper this morning

creating a link of the City of Boston's webside allowing licensed gun owners to register their guns, learn about gun safety and document sales and thefts

Sounds the FRB and eFA10's

My guess is it literally just means they are going to slap a link to the eFA10 page on the City of Boston's website. Totally meaningless, but may sound impressive to most people who have no clue.

I guess these are the guns bought in Vermont and seized by Boston Police:

View attachment 209352

DK1Lt0SWkAENUNp.jpg

DI574vqXUAArUn7.jpg

View attachment 209353

“You can go across the border, New Hampshire and Maine, and buy guns so easily. It hurts our efforts to get them off the streets. You can go to Georgia, you can go anywhere, and you buy them like you buy candy,” said Boston police Commissioner William B. Evans. “The kids are getting younger who have access to them. They’re all very powerful, semi-automatic weapons. It’s very rare right now that we get a revolver. … Sometimes there are 18 and 20 rounds. The kids will just fire them within seconds.

Revolvers are very rare... collectively, these probably hold 20 rounds if they were able to be fired. Love the ammo samplers. They can't even get six rounds from the same box. Solids, lead, hollow points, plated. Yeah, they are going to fire them within seconds. Wasn't there a video of Jerry Miculek with an RG? I think this might be it:
[video]https://youtu.be/ZFKyDzbSXKg[/video]
Of course the one in the video had an extra unnecessary screw in the frame. [laugh]

Last edited:
Buy em like candy eh? I had no idea you could just Amazon Prime yourself a gun. So easy!

"We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book." -- Baracka Flocka Flame, 07/12/16

Seems gun control is not criminal control. At one point they equated violent crime to violent criminal release and that didn't fit their anti-gun agenda so they stopped those studies. But this paragraph below says gun control doesn't work. If you have a rise in gun violence and nothing else has changed with the laws accept they get more strict...then the problem isn't the gun. And I ca't even go to NH and legally buy a hand gun without having it transferred to Mass though an FFL. And I have a Mass and a NH No-Res....so this is all a bunch of BS.

[FONT=&quot]"Boston has seen a surge of gun violence this year. According to police statistics, nonfatal shootings through Oct. 1 are up 16 percent compared to 2016, 165 compared with 142. Homicides have increased 40 percent, 42 compared with 30 at the same time last year. Of the 42 homicides, 32 were shootings, up from 23 fatal shootings at the same period in 2016."[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom