Boston Strong irritation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Sox about to win the world series (regretably, yes I am a disgruntled Yankees fan) all I can see over social media is the attached Boston Strong. When I hear those words it conjures up visions of martial law in parts of boston, violation of constitutional rights, hunker in place and people lining the streets cheering the police occupiers. I find myself aggravated with these people who are so willing to cheer Boston Strong. When I bring this up people look at me like I am crazy or related to terrorist one and two. Anybody else, or am I on an island on this one??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Agree. Who was so strong? From watching TV that day on a forced vacation, it seemed like everybody with a badge showed up for overtime with all the equipment you normally see at the May Day parade in Moscow. There must have been thousands of law enforcement people out that day. And, all of the citizens were cowering by their second floor windows shooting cell phone videos.

I find " Boston Strong" souvenirs to be sadly ironic. YI know all cops are heroes - etc. , but they sort of lost that one.

One dead on each side , one shot on each side ( and the wounded police was hit by another cop ).
And All the kings men failed to find the kid. A citizen had to call it in , and got his neighborhood and boat shot to pieces for it.

BPD should have handled it without even paying overtime.

I find " Boston Strong" souvenirs to be sadly ironic. YI know all cops are heroes - etc. , but they sort of lost that one.

One dead on each side , one shot on each side ( and the wounded police was hit by another cop ).
And All the kings men failed to find the kid. A citizen had to call it in , and got his neighborhood and boat shot to pieces for it.

BPD should have handled it without even paying overtime.

This really sums it up. It's all a fiction; if it wasn't for the boat owner, a smoker no less, Tsarnaev would not have been captured alive.

As much as my wife gets much of what I say, she doesn't put the whole picture together, and has one of those stupid stickers on her car. And a shirt

I hate it. Not just because of the cower in place and constitutional abuse, but because people are pricks, and stupid things like Boston strong are just phony ways for us to pretend we like each other, when in fact we all can't stand each other, abuse, fight, steal, collect gov handouts, despise others for what they have, and pretend to like each other to emotionally deal with a PoS in a boat while we cowered in place.

I don't think Boston Strong has anything to do with the way that LE handled or mishandled the situation depending on your point of view. I think The slogan references the will of the people to persevere through adversity and not allow scum to dictate the affairs of the city. In defiance to the threat of terrorism in the city people still attend events, just look at the World Series. I am willing to bet that the next marathon is a record breaker for runners and spectators alike.

The slogan means that terrorism failed its objective as Boston "is too" Strong to surrender. Annoying and overdone at times? You bet. A ringing endorsement of all things related to the event? I think not.

Nope... it chaffed my ass the first time I even heard it, plus, I live in Watertown, so I also have to put up with the "Watertown Strong" lameness.

I wonder if that guy with the cowboy hat is still milking it for all it's worth?

Last I read about him, he was at the "Moms Demand Action" anti-gun rally at Faneuil Hall with that same stupid hat and "Boston Strong" tshirt.

I don't mean to disparage the guy for what he did, and would gladly buy him a beer, shake his hand for his actions, but he (and others), really

needs to put this "Boston Strong" nonsense to rest.

Did anyone see the picture of the trunk of the car that the two terrorists hijacked? It had a "COEXIST" bumper sticker....... I guess not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom