Boston police commissioner joins protesters demanding national gun legislation

Aren't they special!!! [rolleyes]

With the third anniversary of the Sandy Hook school shooting approaching next week, a group of protesters gathered in Boston Common Saturday afternoon to advocate for stricter gun legislation, chanting, “No more silence, end gun violence.” Among those in attendance was Boston Police Commissioner Bill Evans.

Organizers estimated the mass grew to about 200 people at the Boston Common Visitor Center just past noon, many wearing orange and wielding signs that read “Every town for gun safety,” and “We can end gun violence.” Organized by Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense in America, an organization founded in response to the Sandy Hook school shooting that took place on Dec. 14, 2012, the rally aimed to honor the lives lost to gun violence and to draw attention to those who oppose current federal gun legislation.

“The gun lobby would like you to think we are part of a small group,” Sonya Yee Coleman, a volunteer with the organization, said at the start of the rally before the group honored the Sandy Hook victims in a moment of silence. “We are not.”

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...KHGe6NN/story.html?p1=feature_pri_hp#comments

Gee...color me surprised /sarc

In a city of 650K people, all they could get was 200? Cripes, we've had more than that on little ol' NH's Capital veranda for some of our pro 2A rallies.

The MDA is such a has been organization (or more likely never has been).

Last edited:
Toolbag...

What have there been, like zero deaths from rifles in Boston this year?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What bugs me the most about this, is that no amount of gun control will stop this kind of violence. Criminals don't adhere to laws, they'll get it regardless.

Sent from my Galaxy Note5 using Tapatalk.

"No more silence. End gun violence"

As if anyone who disagrees with them is PRO-violence?

Next thing you know, they'll claim being "gun safety" advocates. Oh, wait. ..

As if they've ever seen one in person, never mind taken or taught a gun safety class. Meanwhile we live & breathe gun safety every day.

More pro-gun people showed up for the statehouse hearings last year during a work day than they could muster for a rally on a warm sunny weekend.

"No more silence. End gun violence"

As if anyone who disagrees with them is PRO-violence?

Next thing you know, they'll claim being "gun safety" advocates. Oh, wait. ..

As if they've ever seen one in person, never mind taken or taught a gun safety class. Meanwhile we live & breathe gun safety every day.

I've never understood why we didn't use this same psychology. Instead of gun grabbers, call them Anti-Liberty groups.

Any reason why you are deciding to be a dick?

The MDA crowd's average age at that hearing was 60+ almost entirely women, and from what we could tell many people were bused up from CT.
https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=105603&d=1401856052

The Pro 2A side averaged late 30s early 40s 85% male 15% female.

I think he is saying that the media didn't portray your turnout realistically. Not that he is being a dick.

But I could be wrong. Or a dick.

Any reason why you are deciding to be a dick?

The MDA crowd's average age at that hearing was 60+ almost entirely women, and from what we could tell many people were bused up from CT.
https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=105603&d=1401856052

The Pro 2A side averaged late 30s early 40s 85% male 15% female.

But the Boston Globe described the crowd as "mostly older white men."

I tweeted to the author asking what that had to do with anything and he said it was relevant.

Battle-lines are forming. Pick your side.
They say the Great Civil War pitted Brother against Brother.
This will make that division look like a cake-walk...

[h=2]Boston police commissioner joins protesters demanding national gun legislation[/h]
Anything to garner more power over the serfs.

But the Boston Globe described the crowd as "mostly older white men."...

It was...

RFWOAjc.jpg

I read about that. You guys had, what, 50-ish old white men and a few NRA stooges?

Subtract "NRA" and add mountain bikes and it could be NEMBA. My experience is that, as a rule*, <45ish really don't do a gawddamnned thing but bitch.

(P.S. This morning, i.e. pre 9 AM, I redecked a forest trail bridge.)

*Yes, yes, some of you are an exception.

More gun legislation for what?
Read this memo from the WH

http://www.clintonlibrary.gov/assets/DigitalLibrary/BruceReed/Crime/76/C 647420-gun-ideas.pdf

The actual fax in question resides in PDF format in the Clinton Library. The quotation that is highlighted in this graphic can be found in the top paragraph on the 3rd page (numbered as P.04). The note from George Stephanopoulos is handwritten and is found on the cover page (1st page).

So if they knew way back then that what the NRA keeps saying is correct, you have to wonder why they keep on pushing for the same crap over and over. I'm pretty sure I know why, but do you?

Gun control is not about crime reduction, it is about control.

What bugs me the most about this, is that no amount of gun control will stop this kind of violence. Criminals don't adhere to laws, they'll get it regardless.
Gun laws also don't address the root causes of criminal gang violence. But wealthy suburban liberals in their lily white communities aren't interested in that: they'd have to associate with people of color. And the BFAD'a only care about cop shootings.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-gun-control-debate-ignores-black-lives

These folks ignore the real root causes of the violence.

"My neighbor drove drunk and smashed up his car. The solution is to take your car away for his bad behavior"

How does that logic make any sense at all????

Back
Top Bottom