Boston PD match vid

Wait. BPD has been around well over 200 years and this is "The First Annual" competition? WTF? [shocked]

Actually looked like a lot of fun.

Ed

As far as I know, yes, it's the first of it's kind for BPD. Not sure if other types of competitions have been done in the past. 200 years or so is a long time...

Nice job on the video. Glad to see the BPD match come together. For those who thought it looked like fun, come on out to an IDPA, USPSA, or steel match and join the fun.

Good job Will!
+1 to What Jon Green said.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Can I set up a tent and live there for a while, I assume it's empty for most of summer? [smile]

Those guys are horrible shooters. They should have to qualify a few more 2 times a year.

How about using language like "from the vid, it seems they could use some additional time on the range" vs the rude comments. Would be far more productive I think. Thank you. [wink]

There's this little button, next to the "quote" button with the quotation marks and a plus symbol, it allows you to quote and respond to multiple posts without having you fill up an entire page with your own responses.

And no Dog targets..... I thought they were mandatory for Police shoots

Those guys are horrible shooters. They should have to qualify a few more 2 times a year.

Hell of a way to try and bridge the gap between LEOs and non-LEOs. I'm sure any of those shooters/LEOs who happened on this thread would think twice about joining NES. We (gun owners) don't need enemies, we need help and this don't do it.[thinking]

Not BPD restricted, LE restricted yes.
I had no idea this was going on. If I did, I would have posted something at work and maybe sparked some interest.

Looked like a good time, Will. Thanks for your involvement in this match and posting the vid.

Hell of a way to try and bridge the gap between LEOs and non-LEOs. I'm sure any of those shooters/LEOs who happened on this thread would think twice about joining NES. We (gun owners) don't need enemies, we need help and this don't do it.

Agreed. Use your brains people. In addition to my own friends there, every guy I met was friendly, professional, and seemed like good people. Some shot well, some could use some more range time, and this match was an attempt to help with that.

I had no idea this was going on. If I did, I would have posted something at work and maybe sparked some interest.

I don't know how they attempted to get the word out, but there was a guy from the Prov. RI department, so it was open to non BPD LE. Perhaps contact them and say "I watched this great video that made me want to inquire about next years match" :)

Looked like a good time, Will. Thanks for your involvement in this match and posting the vid.

Thanks. I was attempting to promote a match similar to that (wanted an actual sanctioned IDPA match but there was more friction then movement, so I gave up...) a while back. Might re look at the idea again, but been busy training another group. Might do something with BPD SWAT/MOPS similar to what I am doing with others. See what happens there.

Last edited:
Hell of a way to try and bridge the gap between LEOs and non-LEOs.
The same can be said of these "LE Only" events. It was a practical shooting match, not some secret super-duper training evolution.

The accusation cuts both ways.

The same can be said of these "LE Only" events. It was a practical shooting match, not some secret super-duper training evolution.

I think that's probably a liability issue. Most departments won't sanction a non-LE shoot for legal reasons.

Will,

I spoke with a friend of mine who is with the BPD. He was interested but says he did not hear of the event (however, he does know that I would have ragged him for not going so he might have lied to me [wink]).

***Thread hijack alert***

I sure wish I could shoot aggressive dogs. [popcorn]

Hell of a way to try and bridge the gap between LEOs and non-LEOs. I'm sure any of those shooters/LEOs who happened on this thread would think twice about joining NES. We (gun owners) don't need enemies, we need help and this don't do it.[thinking]

Oh Boo Hoo. When did we all become so sensitive? Let's all give them big hugs for a job well done.

And no Dog targets..... I thought they were mandatory for Police shoots

Oh Boo Hoo. When did we all become so sensitive? Let's all give them big hugs for a job well done.
I didn't think I was being overly sensitive but if that's what you think, so be it.

Here you have Will going out of his way to do some good. Two of you make snide remarks and a third tries to justify them. Not one of you had anything good to say about what Will did or congratulate him for putting this together. He got nothing out of doing this but some personal satisfaction. He got cops on the firing line for more trigger time and may have introduced a few to the shooting sports but I guess we don't need that.

There are plenty of threads on NES when a LEO Fs up and justifiably so. This thread had nothing to do with those incidents. Nothing but good can come from a thread like this and it turns into childish remarks.

Resume throwing stones if it makes you fell better.

Will,

I spoke with a friend of mine who is with the BPD. He was interested but says he did not hear of the event (however, he does know that I would have ragged him for not going so he might have lied to me [wink]).

***Thread hijack alert***

I sure wish I could shoot aggressive dogs. [popcorn]

I guess he should inquire about how they got the word out, and recommend they improve on that next year. My vid will at least make sure more know about it.

Back
Top Bottom