Boston non-forfeiture

"This hackney driver exhibited exemplary behavior and his honest deed should be recognized," Boston Police Commissioner William Evans said in a statement. "His actions represent the high standards that our department has for our drivers."

WOW !!! .. just WOW !!! [rolleyes]

Yeah Billy, because the entire hackney division wasn't put on leave about a year ago for systemic corruption.

If I were cynical I'd wonder if this were a PR stunt set up by the cab industry in cahoots with the people who make money regulating them. Because people typically leave huge bags of cash in cabs, right? And inheritances come in the form of an easily-robbed bag of cash instead of a bank check.

I have to tell ya.....first thought for me seeing that kind of money is drug people money. Call me skeptical. Now n this case it seems the cash is legit...Not sure why anyone is waling around with 187k in cash but it's a free country.

So two outcomes I see here...

1. this is legit like it seems to be now. Guy says he forgot bag in your cab and you are investigated until the end of time so you really can't get away with it. I mean you could but you'd have to walk on egg shells for a long time.

2. The money belongs to bad people. They find you and come to retrieve their money in the middle of the night.

If I were cynical I'd wonder if this were a PR stunt set up by the cab industry in cahoots with the people who make money regulating them. Because people typically leave huge bags of cash in cabs, right? And inheritances come in the form of an easily-robbed bag of cash instead of a bank check.

If it were mine that bag would be physically attached to me until I got it to it's destination.

It's gets even better, he was homeless!

This story stinks from one end to the other, including the driver who should be a almost non-English speaking alien.

Back
Top Bottom