• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC with restrictions - 1 year mark

Hi all,

Still new here. I just recently had my 1 year anniversary with my (restricted target and hunting) LTC in Boston.

Has anyone successfully removed the restrictions? How did you go about it? Letter, recommendations? I called licensing at HQ and they weren't any help.

I apologize if it's been answered already, please shoot me a PM or point me the right direction.

Thanks in advance! (let's not make it a circlejerk of "Boston sucks blah blah" commentary)

Hi all,

Still new here. I just recently had my 1 year anniversary with my (restricted target and hunting) LTC in Boston.

Has anyone successfully removed the restrictions? How did you go about it? Letter, recommendations? I called licensing at HQ and they weren't any help.

I apologize if it's been answered already, please shoot me a PM or point me the right direction.

Thanks in advance! (let's not make it a circlejerk of "Boston sucks blah blah" commentary)
There is a thread about getting your ltc that addresses your question. Special people get unrestricted in Boston. Make yourself fit one of the special boxes and you get unrestricted too. I have an unrestricted out of Boston, fwiw

There is a thread about getting your ltc that addresses your question. Special people get unrestricted in Boston. Make yourself fit one of the special boxes and you get unrestricted too. I have an unrestricted out of Boston, fwiw
Thats awesome

Thanks!

Can't find anything about Boston. It's all about outside of Boston, or people moving to more friendly towns.

I think there is only one post about a guy who sent a letter and got a call and was denied.

Become a doctor with a prescription pad, lawyer, someone that can prove to make 10k in cash deposits on a regular basis with receipts or work with the equivalent value of precious stones/jewelry, be a victim of violent crime with a threat of continued victimization, become a sworn LEO (not a sheriff's deputy or CO), get elected to political office, or become a NRA & Mass State Police certified instructor with current credentials.

Either you fit into one of those boxes or you don't in Boston.

Become a doctor with a prescription pad, lawyer, someone that can prove to make 10k in cash deposits on a regular basis with receipts, be a victim of violent crime with a threat of continued victimization, become a sworn LEO (not a sheriff's deputy or CO), get elected to political office, or become a NRA & Mass State Police certified instructor with current credentials.

Either you fit into one of those boxes or you don't in Boston.

I was hoping it would at least go into consideration after a year with licensing. Thanks, this was helpful.

I was hoping it would at least go into consideration after a year with licensing. Thanks, this was helpful.
Boston couldn't care less. I tried to get mine lifted after a couple of years, presented certificates for all the training I had done - no dice. Following advice that's been outlined above, I finally got unrestricted in the city but it wasn't exactly easy.

Going the instructor route is probably the cheapest and easiest way to get unrestricted in Boston, or you can wait and see the results of the Comm 2A case against the City of Boston.

Going the instructor route is probably the cheapest and easiest way to get unrestricted in Boston, or you can wait and see the results of the Comm 2A case against the City of Boston.
What is the Comm 2A 2A case against Boston?

Ah this is great. So, either become a doctor, lawyer, or NRA instructor.

Yeah, or move into Boston with an unrestricted license. I have run into several people who moved in and did not get downgraded on renewal. There seems to be some weird "acceptance" of that previously existing status
now, whereas several years ago everyone was summarily downgraded upon renewal after moving in...

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom