Boston LTC restricted Class-A or Class-B

Hello

I read many post and it seem obviously its almost impossible to get a LTC A/ALP in Boston

some members says the CLEO stated "we don't give out those"
I'm guessing the response is in reference to Class-A/ALP ?

But what about Class-A with restrictions ?
What about Class-B LTC ?

are those also difficult to get in Boston ?

I know, I know, "Don't move to boston"
"Why would you settle for a Class-A restricted or Class-B ?"
not interested in hearing that.

Im interested in whats Bostons position on issuing of other Class of LTC

Thank you

highly unlikely that they'll give you the Class A your first try. You most likely will be getting a Class B, and next time you apply he'll give ya a restricted LTC A

They will give you a Class A Restricted to sport/target. That's what they always do.

I strongly suggest you find a community close by that is Class A ALP to move into and avoid becoming an inmate...er...resident of Boston. It's a piece of crap city that is only getting worse as time goes by, think Detroit and you'll know where Boston is heading.

Thanks,
I don't mind a Class A Restricted, because I will only be needing for home defense, as I'm going to be a student in Boston and wont be able to take to school anyways.
I asked about A/Restricted because I heard A/LTC was impossible and I have to live in Boston, or near Boston because I won't be driving and will be going to school there, and it seems every city surrounding Boston is Red [sad2] anyways

Thanks,
I don't mind a Class A Restricted, because I will only be needing for home defense, as I'm going to be a student in Boston and wont be able to take to school anyways.
I asked about A/Restricted because I heard A/LTC was impossible and I have to live in Boston, or near Boston because I won't be driving and will be going to school there, and it seems every city surrounding Boston is Red [sad2] anyways

If you are coming to Boston to attend school, be cautious about certifying under oath that you are a Boston resident.

Thanks,

there are plenty of "green" cities around boston, mostly north or west. Public transportation is available. Going to school in beantown is really no different than workers commuting. I live about 8 miles north. I drive for 10 minutes to the T station, hop on a train and am at work in another 15 minutes. Of course the T often sucks and is pain in the balls, but i'd rather put up with a crowded and sometimes unpleasantly smelling commute than live in a city that systematically denies rights to residents. Pluse, the money i pay for my sweet 2 bedroom luxury apartment would get me a closet in Boston proper or a slightly larger place in rat infested allston/brighton.

Also, if you plan to stay in this state after school is done (supposing you want a job), you might want your gun for more than home defense and a neutered license will really limit your options. that restricted license or class B is with you for 6 years unless you fork over another $100 to reapply before expiration with still no guarantee of getting a real license.

They will give you a Class A Restricted to sport/target. That's what they always do.

I strongly suggest you find a community close by that is Class A ALP to move into and avoid becoming an inmate...er...resident of Boston. It's a piece of crap city that is only getting worse as time goes by, think Detroit and you'll know where Boston is heading.

Not that Boston doesn't have issues but you obviously haven't been to Detroit.

Fsorrent is giving you incorrect information.

Boston will issue LTC-A with "sport/target no concealed carry" restriction line. There are a number of requirements, however. You can find complete info in the thread stickied at the top of the forum.

And since you're a student, you're correct in noting that a restricted LTC will work for you. Some people here would suggest you commute to school in Boston from New Hampshire. But you have to do what works best for you, and no one else. Once you're done with school, moving to a green town can be done and that $100 fee for reapplying should be the least of your concerns. I say this as I am a graduate student residing in Boston and the path that you seem to be going down is the path I've taken. It works, even if it isn't ideal. When I'm not heading onto school grounds, OC is a half decent substitute for self defense.

I would ask what school you're in college at, as there may be friendlier towns closer to your school depending on which one it is.

One other thing to point out -- if you are going to be living on campus, you will not be able to keep your gun(s) with you on campus.

Well, duh. (Not to be flippant)

Sounds like he lives off campus since he says he knows he can't take it to school.

Also be sure to check your lease to make sure there's nothing in there that prohibits firearms.

i hadn't known that Boston now will give out Class A restricted...Last three people I know tried to apply and were told that they only give out Class B. Must be different now. If I were you I'd obviously apply for the Class A. Even with restrictions, it makes more sense then a class B

Got mine over a year ago and it was a Class A. Not even a suggestion or question or even a raised eyebrow when I asked for a Class A.

The hoops they make you jump through are probably enough to weed out a large number of people who don't want it as bad, though.

Thanks for all the info and help

I will put ALP on the application, even if we all know it will be restricted

I just wasn't sure if they were outright denying giving out any LTC at all.

Also be sure to check your lease to make sure there's nothing in there that prohibits firearms.
Landlords or rental agents can deny a resident from owning firearms in Massachusetts ?

Banned in Boston ?

reading this post , at the bottom, and repeated here again.
says
BOSTON--Under a vague law, it is unlawful to possess, display, transfer or receive any shotgun with a capacity exceeding six rounds; a semi-automatic rifle with a magazine exceeding 10 rounds; any SKS, AK47, Uzi, AR-15, Steyr AUG, FN-FAL, or FN-FNC rifle; any semi-automatic pistol which is a modification of a proscribed rifle or shotgun; and any magazine or belt that holds more than 10 rounds. An "assault weapons roster board" may add additional firearms to the list of "assault weapons." For owners to continue possession of such firearms, a license/registration must have been obtained from the Boston Police Commissioner within 90 days of the effective date of the law (12/ 9/89) or within 90 days of the addition of a firearm to a roster of "assault weapons." Otherwise a license/registration cannot be obtained.

Does this apply to a LTC-ALP holder with an unmodified semi-automatic pistols also ?
If you have a LTC-ALP no restriction from Dedham for example, is it still illegal to carry your Large-Capacity Magazine in your weapon in Boston ?

The Boston law also only bans rifle and shotgun hicap mags, not handgun mags.

4. "Large capacity magazine", a box, drum, or other container which holds more than ten rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously into a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun or a magazine which can be readily converted into a large capacity magazine.
[/i]

is Dedham actually a green town? (sorry to get a bit off topic here)

I thought they tried to shove LTC-Bs up peoples asses, no?

They are not B rammers for sure, to the best of my knowledge they issue both ALP and restricted, but I do not know what criteria they use.

ahhh ok *adds Dedham back on to list of towns Im considering buying a house in*

FWIW, Attleboro issues both ALP and Restricted. You tend to get restricted if you act like a douche to the licensing officer from experiences of friends and such. sucks for them [laugh]

Dedham requires "recertification" and has other, minor, crap added to the lawful procedure.

Dedham is the town that revoked an LTC because the guy's coat blew open as he left the sub shop.

NORTH Attleboro is far superior to Attleboro, on many levels.

Dedham requires "recertification" and has other, minor, crap added to the lawful procedure.

Dedham is the town that revoked an LTC because the guy's coat blew open as he left the sub shop.

NORTH Attleboro is far superior to Attleboro, on many levels.

ok then, screw Dedham [laugh] I thought Attleboro was good, but I ahve heard from others that North Attleboro si even better (not just from a 2A point of view, either!)

Chelsea is considered the armpit (economically speaking anyway) of the state, but we have an excellent PD that is very friendly and cooperative with individuals applying for a LTC. I got a LTC ALP the last couple of times I went to renew and didn't even ask for one. The detective in charge of licensing even has hours on Saturday so for folks like me who work 80 hours during the week can come in to take care of the paperwork and pick up the license when it comes in.

Back
Top Bottom