• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Herald "arming teachers" poll

I don't like what Jim said at all. This isn't about arming random teachers, this is about letting those teachers who want to carry, because they are gun people, carry. This is also one layer of security. Just because we have a few random good teachers carrying guns doesn't mean the problem is solved. There should be multiple layers of protection at schools.

What about the rest of the article:

Wallace did not dismiss the idea entirely. But he said any armed teachers would have to be trained and ready to run toward the sound of gunfire.

“If you have teachers that have the ability and have the OK of the administration and have the confidence in themselves and some training that shows they are capable, we can talk about that,” he said.

But Wallace said arming someone who does not want to carry a weapon is dangerous.

Clearly there has been some editing of his comments, but even still he is saying its OK for those who want to and have training, to carry.

Don't let the editing of the opposition drive us apart. Jim has to soften his comments because he works in political circles inside MA. Pretty much enemy territory. His effectiveness is directly related to how willing they are to listen. If he starts being seen as unapproachable and beyond conversation, he might as well spend his days feeding pigeons in the park.

Simply strike down the GFZ laws and DO NOT INFRINGE THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF PEOPLE THAT HAPPEN TO BE SCHOOLTEACHERS OR ANY OTHER OCCUPATION EITHER.

Sorry for shouting, but everybody seems to think that we need to train teachers like wet op CIA agents... We don't. We just need to let them exercise theor rights, if they so choose.

Case closed.

How about just get rid of gun free zones in schools and let law abiding citizens carry as they wish; whether it is a teacher or parent or school staff?

I am not allowed to carry to or through my kid's school but I can carry while walking through countless malls; which have more foot traffic from kids and families than a school does?

Amazing.

Marsha Coakley is injecting herself into the investigation on the fully loaded gun clip magazine found in the auditorium. After that I am sure it will become more visible and get some face time for the cameras in prepping for another gubernatorial run.
Then, any of this CCW in schools will be impossible.

Simply strike down the GFZ laws and DO NOT INFRINGE THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF PEOPLE THAT HAPPEN TO BE SCHOOLTEACHERS OR ANY OTHER OCCUPATION EITHER.

Sorry for shouting, but everybody seems to think that we need to train teachers like wet op CIA agents... We don't. We just need to let them exercise theor rights, if they so choose.

Case closed.

Well we almost agree. First understand that I personally believe, and maybe you do to, that when you carry you have an obligation to be safe and proficient with that firearm. And this means constant training and practice. So if it was me I'd be doing more than Ohio's monthly training anyway.

We're not talking tactical rolls and clearing rooms, this is defensive training and shot placement under stress. Try it sometime, sprint 200 yards and then put 10 rounds into a 4" circle at 30'. (BTW I'm not saying I can do this anymore). To me, this would be good practice for teachers, maybe cut the sprint distance, the idea is to get the stress level up.

Given what I've seen at the range lately, yes there needs to be a training/practice requirement if they are going to play a defensive role in schools.

Given what I've seen at the range lately, yes there needs to be a training/practice requirement if they are going to play a defensive role in schools.
Beavis and Butthead next to me at the range at lunch. Overheard the range officer telling them another person had reported them for having a pistol pointed across the line earlier.

Beavis and Butthead next to me at the range at lunch. Overheard the range officer telling them another person had reported them for having a pistol pointed across the line earlier.
Not too bad.
A guy with an AR and target at 30' (maybe it was 45') could barely keep them on the paper during his mag dump then taking selfies with his AR (target not in frame). He has a right to own a gun, I have a right to make fun of him.

Back
Top Bottom