Boston globe Mill article

So now according to the Globe "banned" is synonymous with "unapproved"?
Dude...you're a lawyer, your trade is in words, and the specific meaning of said words.

They're journalists.....their trade is in.....um....errr.....never mind.

Very curious...

My thought is that the Globe is frustrated with her for not doing more. They're trying to bring this issue to the fore in the hopes that the voters (or a debate moderator somewhere) will ask her about it and make her commit to it. As dumb a move as it would be for her to take the enforcement notice to court, it's definitely weird to be hearing the Globe dare her to do it.
She doesn’t have to bring it to court she’s already got a new lawsuit filed against right now anyways. Believe it or not Maura is going to have a lot of issues. This AWB bs she pulled was done without the MA Leg knowing about it. She basically went over the mass legislatures helmet… never go over the mass legislatures helmet

Dude...you're a lawyer, your trade is in words, and the specific meaning of said words.

They're journalists.....their trade is in.....um....errr.....never mind.
The best lawyers 1. know the law inside and out. 2. are masterful and clever wordsmiths and 3. think fast and talk faster. Counselor Tassel is all of the above and more. Journalism is almost dead. Today’s ”journalists” are smooth brain activists masquerading as journalists.

Who is Marsha??
It's a piece of NES historical humor.

Mumbles Menino misspoke the name "Martha Coakley" as "Marsha Coakley."

When the current AG inherited the office, they inherited the title of "Marsha" as well. As a sign on respect, of course.

She doesn’t have to bring it to court she’s already got a new lawsuit filed against right now anyways. Believe it or not Maura is going to have a lot of issues. This AWB bs she pulled was done without the MA Leg knowing about it. She basically went over the mass legislatures helmet… never go over the mass legislatures helmet
The legislature doesn't seem to care much, they've not done anything about it.

Yeah no offense to those dealers but apparently they forgot about how the 2016 bullshit played out after mass firearms did that interview. Jesus f***ing Christ people.

Then again between NES, Facebook and Instagram, this “reporter” could find a lot of information without interviewing any dealers. But holy crap.

And I was surprised to see Guida providing info and not exactly appearing to be on our side. Wtf🤦🏻‍♂️
As Ron White said " I had the right to remain silent , I just didn't seem to have the ability. "
NEVER TALK TO THE PRESS!!

Jason Guida moved mountains for me !! I have a hard time believing he said anything with malice or disbaraging about our 2A rights. I havnt read the article yet but from the little bit I read in this post , it sounds like he stated the obvious about the ability to buy a black sporting rifle.

Jason Guida moved mountains for me !! I have a hard time believing he said anything with malice or disbaraging about our 2A rights. I havnt read the article yet but from the little bit I read in this post , it sounds like he stated the obvious about the ability to buy a black sporting rifle.
No, he specifically said people can easily buy assault weapons. Which have a very specific legal definition and interpretation when the law was passed in 1998. But such assault weapons are not easy to get like he said. Rather, the only thing I can derive from his statements is that he agrees with Healey’s decree.

As far as not believing he would say anything to disparage the 2A… well he was previously a member of the gun control advisory board and has prosecuted people for gun “crimes” in this state. How many good people did he put away in prison for violating victimless (and likely unconstitutional) MA gun laws.

I hoped he had a change of heart and that’s why he became a defense attorney. But I have my doubts.

A reader shouldn't have to decipher any words spoken ......... If you want to be a respected leader , say what needs to be said , no reason to beat around the bush in my opinion.
The CoP is an employee, he's hired and can be fired by the selectmen. He's not going to take a stand or say anything that will put him on the wrong side of the selectmen. There is a reason the Sheriffs up here in NH (who are real cops, unlike MA) are more respected than a CoP, they are elected by the people. They need to side with the people or they will be gone.

The reporter must be retarded ... or her readers are .. I vote both.

Massachusetts banned assault weapons in 1998, but you’d never know it on a visit there. Some vendors sell decades-old military-style rifles and large-capacity magazines that were grandfathered in by the ban, while others offer newer assault weapons, which they say are modified to make them legal.

Tries to make it sound like they sre selling illegal rifles, goes on to mention it is all legal.

The “hit” piece is just journalist speak to their readership. Maura and COP already know what is happening long before this article came out. Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. I’m just surprised it took this long before this article came out.

It’s got me wondering though on whether the town will start making it harder to do the license renewals as they come up. The town could also delay the business license as well, which will lead to a fairly intensive lawsuit. Doubt the town would want that expense but you never know.

BRUH ... I thought this guy was one of ours.

“How easy is it to buy an assault weapon in Massachusetts? The answer is pretty easy. You can literally do it right now,” said Jason Guida, an attorney who specializes in firearms cases and previously served as director of the state Firearms Records Bureau.
“It is an open and brazen challenge to the attorney general,” said Guida.

You can get people out of the government, but you can't get the government out of people.

Change my mind.

The legislature doesn't seem to care much, they've not done anything about it.

But just like Pepridge Farm, they remember

So what! If they do not keep the executive in check, their opinions, actions and memory are useless to them and their constituents.

It's a piece of NES historical humor.

Mumbles Menino misspoke the name "Martha Coakley" as "Marsha Coakley."

When the current AG inherited the office, they inherited the title of "Marsha" as well. As a sign on respect, of course.
Actually, Patches Kennedy was the first to coin the name. Mumbles misspeaking her name came a bit later. [thumbsup]

The best lawyers 1. know the law inside and out. 2. are masterful and clever wordsmiths and 3. think fast and talk faster. Counselor Tassel is all of the above and more. Journalism is almost dead. Today’s ”journalists” are smooth brain activists masquerading as journalists.
Correct. The Globe author worked at The Trace for three years. Talk about activism.

The Littleton CLEO was misquoted. He never asked for Healey’s help and never would.

Was the quote he made regarding the dealers at the mill accurate?

A substantial amount of dealers are there just..."“to skirt the law so that they can possess and shoot weapons that are on the weapons ban."

Makes it sound like he isn't a fan of the place.

I guess all the tenants at the Mill should hope the OWNERS of the place don't mind the hit piece.

No, he specifically said people can easily buy assault weapons. Which have a very specific legal definition and interpretation when the law was passed in 1998. But such assault weapons are not easy to get like he said. Rather, the only thing I can derive from his statements is that he agrees with Healey’s decree.

As far as not believing he would say anything to disparage the 2A… well he was previously a member of the gun control advisory board and has prosecuted people for gun “crimes” in this state. How many good people did he put away in prison for violating victimless (and likely unconstitutional) MA gun laws.

I hoped he had a change of heart and that’s why he became a defense attorney. But I have my doubts.
The article takes a partial statement (the comma at the end indicates that even the complete sentence wasn't quoted) completely out of context. You cannot know what he said from that. Certainly if it had been favorable for the article the reporter would have included the entire comment and context, but they didn't. That should tell you something.

“How easy is it to buy an assault weapon in Massachusetts? The answer is pretty easy. You can literally do it right now,”

I've only spoken to Jason once. He freely consulted on a legal issue. He didn't feel I had a chance and would not even take any money for what he felt was unwinnable. Obviously I disagreed, but he raised some good points and provided some helpful insight.
His reputation speaks for itself. He's knowledgeable, honorable, and a 2a supporter.

The “hit” piece is just journalist speak to their readership. Maura and COP already know what is happening long before this article came out. Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.
This is true. Maura may be an awful person, but she isn't deaf, dumb and blind. Neither are her minions.

All the MA AG's my long memory have preferred to rule over FFLs and LTC holders using fear and intimidation, not so much the actual (often confusing) letter of the law. Maura is no different.

Fear and intimidation have historically worked well for our anti-2A AG's 99% of the time. It may not be 100%, but it's close enough for the intended purpose.

Back
Top Bottom