Boston Globe article calls for confiscation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the room might be a lot fuller than we would like to think.

The room would be wall to wall with tactical boners.

Especially if they gave double time for confiscation duty
I don't buy this at all. The odds against these supposed "enthusiastic confiscators" would shift very fast. Unless the leftists have a survival plan to get through this debacle that I'm not able to fathom yet, I think those volunteering for post-2A confiscation duty would be few and far between. [thinking]

David Scharfenberg, just another delusional communist propaganda writer.

Come get them David.....see if you make it beyond the end of the driveway alive.

I don't buy this at all. The odds against these supposed "enthusiastic confiscators" would shift very fast. Unless the leftists have a survival plan to get through this debacle that I'm not able to fathom yet, I think those volunteering for post-2A confiscation duty would be few and far between. [thinking]

I think they’d try; for most, it wouldn’t be about tactical boners OR oath-driven refusals. Most would simply obey, which is what always happens in hierarchies. But I think the initial stages would be deadly for enough cops that their union would soon step in and demand a halt until management could come up with a safer way to do things.

I think they’d try; for most, it wouldn’t be about tactical boners OR oath-driven refusals. Most would simply obey, which is what always happens in hierarchies. But I think the initial stages would be deadly for enough cops that their union would soon step in and demand a halt until management could come up with a safer way to do things.

I don’t know that they’re going to stop and hash things out with the union in a true confiscation situation. It’s basically martial law at that point. Hell, we have martial law for one shooter on the loose. And bad snowstorms.

Confiscation has always seemed like doomer fantasy shot, but hearing it being thrown around like a real option makes you wonder. If we have a few more shady mass shootings, a few big names supporting it, and every media outlet demanding it, we may see the general public wholeheartedly endorsing it.

Last edited:
Good points. Keep in mind that this would likely turn into ugly, dirty, asymmetric guerrilla warfare pretty quickly. The confiscators have families. The confiscators live among us. We live among them. The escalation in this folly would be fast and unbearably ugly.

This article is basically a call to re-form the Minutemen.

330px-Massachusetts_quarter%2C_reverse_side%2C_2000.jpg

Holy shit there's a g-g-g-gun on our state quarter...

Last edited:
Good points. Keep in mind that this would likely turn into ugly, dirty, asymmetric guerrilla warfare pretty quickly. The confiscators have families. The confiscators live among us. We live among them. The escalation in this folly would be fast and unbearably ugly.

That would be a good bet. I think it would turn into a race war as well, very quickly on top of everything else.

I don’t know that they’re going to stop and hash things out with the union in a true confiscation situation.

It wouldn’t be “hashing things out; it would be a massive refusal on the part of the rank and file, after about two days, to continue risking their lives without MRAPs, drones, and the national guard in support of every seizure. As others have said, things would come to a head VERY quickly.

I suspect the Powers That Be know all this, and would bypass the cops and go straight NG. So you’re right: martial law from the get-go.

Perhaps the Globe should have their right to free speech denied, then they they would gain perspective why we have the 2A.

Not sure the Commies that wrote this piece give much of a shit about any Constitutional right and likely won't until it's time to get on the trains...

The police chief was unwilling to confiscate anything a while back when Lexington tried pulling ARs from lawful owners. He said himself that he wasn’t putting his officers in that position.

Some people have a shred of respect for their fellow citizens. This would be one case.

I'm not buying into this. I think the room might be a lot fuller than we would like to think.
Every cop I know - and I know (and am related to) a LOT of cops - if they were given these confiscation "marching orders"??... Literally EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM would do one thing and one thing only: They would follow the orders of their Superior Officers...Y'know, so as to not risk suspension (and/or termination) from a job that provides a fantastic salary by most standards (especially for a kid from, say, Southie, Dorchester, Roslindale etc who didn't exactly graduate "summa" nor "magna" cum laude from an Ivy League University)... not to mention excellent health benefits for their family, pays their mortgage fairly comfortably, provides a pension, etc etc etc..

Literally EVERY SINGLE COP I KNOW would, grudgingly and apologetically ("I'm so SO sorry, Uncle Joe. I've been ordered to retrieve your legal revolvers and semi-automatics. Hand them to me please?") follow their orders and....

.....Confiscate.

Every cop I know - and I know (and am related to) a LOT of cops - if they were given these confiscation "marching orders"??... Literally EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM would do one thing and one thing only: They would follow the orders of their Superior Officers...Y'know, so as to not risk suspension (and/or termination) from a job that provides a fantastic salary by most standards (especially for a kid from, say, Southie, Dorchester, Roslindale etc who didn't exactly graduate "summa" nor "magna" cum laude from an Ivy League University)... not to mention excellent health benefits for their family, pays their mortgage fairly comfortably, provides a pension, etc etc etc..

Literally EVERY SINGLE COP I KNOW would, grudgingly and apologetically ("I'm so SO sorry, Uncle Joe. I've been ordered to retrieve your legal revolvers and semi-automatics. Hand them to me please?") follow their orders and....

.....Confiscate.

This, period.

The reactions will differ greatly depending on the regions demographics. The northeast would on balance, though not without incident, fold. Where other parts of the country would do what would be required.

.....Confiscate.

I know a lot of cops too, most of them are good people with families. They didn’t sign up to get into shoot outs. Even 5 or 6 people resisting across the whole state (never mind 50 or 60) would be an absolute bloodbath. Let’s hope it never comes to that, but the idea that cops are going to be lining to “go to war” is not realistic IMO.

It'll be ammo. Supply chain. Mark my words. Or please don't mark them. Please let it be wrong.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It'll be ammo. Supply chain. Mark my words. Or please don't mark them. Please let it be wrong.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

100%

Again they will hide behind public safety and security driven by sensible common sense rationality:

-Ammo boxes must be separate locked containers by 6" and no eye contact or skin contact allowed when handling ammunition.

-No more than 2 boxes of ammo can be stored within a cubic foot to avoid causing a singularity and tear in spacetime.

-One box of ammo per month, and the purchase must be reported and taxed at 800%, finger prints and mugshots taken at point of purchase.

Last edited:
I know a lot of cops too, most of them are good people with families. They didn’t sign up to get into shoot outs. Even 5 or 6 people resisting across the whole state (never mind 50 or 60) would be an absolute bloodbath. Let’s hope it never comes to that, but the idea that cops are going to be lining to “go to war” is not realistic IMO.
Not so much "Lining to go to war" as "Following orders and doing what your boss orders you to do"...They're two different things...(Similar, but.. different).

I think you'd have most people hiding guns, so the cops would have to decide if they want to start arresting upstanding citizens on sketchy charges. If they do that I'd declare this country a dictatorship and its go time. I'd give up a few guns without a fight, but I won't go to jail without a fight.

I wonder when people like him work out these little scenarios in their tiny minds why they seem to think they would be above the fray ?
Asymmetrical warfare is a gruesome thing and once you start calling for violence (And make no mistake that's what he's advocating. ), all bets are off .

I’m guessing a full confiscation in the greater boston area would go down with relatively little shooting. There would undoubtedly be people who decide to take a stand, but the first one would get a massive police response, with every news crew in the region descending and falling all over themselves to vilify the person. The tone would be set pretty quickly, and anyone resisting would be a terrorist who wants to kill cops, babies, etc.

Since we are all playing the "what if" game. What If they decide to use the military ?

That would split the military - Posse Comitatus - I believe it is still taught in Basic to all the branches. That's why the conspiracy theories run to the UN patrolling within the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom