• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Books on CCW

I have noticed there is a large number of books on this topic. What are some recommendations for you guys as to what would be the best one worth buying. I know it may be hard to pick a best ONE but what are the ones that are better than others?

+1 for Dave's book (looking forward to when I can clear my crazy schedule and actually make it to a class!)

+1 for anything by Massad Ayoob

you also might want to check out "Lessons from Armed America". My copy got delivered on Friday, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. It's pretty good reading as well!

Dave's book is excellent, I've recommended that book to all my friends considering an LTC. I've also read The Concealed Handgun Manual (5th Edition), which i thought was also a very good book and worth checking out.

+1 for Armed Response

also I am huge fan Mas Ayoobs' books; He recently wrote a book on concealed carry with the work he has been doing on the Gun Digest series. The Gun Digest Book Of Concealed Carry is very good, well researched, and has a lot of photos to help explain things. That along with The Gun Digest book Of Combat Handgunnery are considered the "update" of In the Gravest Extreme

Personally I think mine is the best :)

I liked David's book a lot. Very well done. [smile]

I also liked In the Gravest Extreme (Massad Ayoob), The Truth About Self Protection (Ayoob), & Principles of Personal Defense (Jeff Cooper). Ayoob also writes a column regularly, & you can find the archives online.

If you want a "super compressed crash course" on CCW, I'd highly recommend GOAL's "Art Of Concealed Carry" class. You WILL learn a lot, without all that pesky reading. [laugh]

I've only read The Gun Digest Book Of Concealed Carry (Massad Ayoob), which seemed pretty good, especially if you want to get details on what to look for in holsters.

Back
Top Bottom