Boneheads target shooting just off I-93 in Manchester NH

Didn't I read a post last night from a guy who said he was going to do that today?

How can I find that again...

ETA:
Well, I can't find that post. IIRC it alked about how he was going to be shooting and his neighbor always reports him and the cops come and he invites them to shoot, and they decline and then he shoots more just to annoy them.

I *think* they said it was just across the border... I just can't find that post. LOL

Last edited:
Didn't I read a post last night from a guy who said he was going to do that today?

How can I find that again...

ETA:
Well, I can't find that post. IIRC it alked about how he was going to be shooting and his neighbor always reports him and the cops come and he invites them to shoot, and they decline and then he shoots more just to annoy them.

I *think* they said it was just across the border... I just can't find that post. LOL
Found it
xxxxxxxxx in an unlisted thread said:
I'll be shooting [and stuff]

Last edited:
Well there you go. For all the self righteous, never break the law types, shooting a gun in free nh is a felony.

The address listed is an apartment building. The area has a decent number of apartment buildings and houses around. They were idiots.

Reckless conduct, what a wonderful catch all when you can't find anything legitimate to charge someone.

While it was ill advised to shoot in such a location there is a lot more at hand. Was the land public or private? Did one of them own the land? Was it posted no trespassing? Were they more than 300ft from a dwelling? Were they more than 15 ft from a public right of way?

Once all that is decided it comes down to a matter of a judge/jury deciding if their backstop was insufficient to protect from stray rounds leaving the range. If they had a sufficient back stop then the LEO's need to STFU, if they were shooting at a target stuck to a hay bail in front of I-93 then yes that was reckless conduct.

I can show you a sand pit the police use that is just as close to the highway in NH. I can also show you another one they stopped using because someone bought the land.
Other than being a very stupid place to put a backstop I don't see what law they can use to convict them.

It shall be unlawful to:

discharge a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow and bolt within 15’
of the traveled portion of, or across any class I through V highway,
or from or across the following public highways (including the rights
of way): I-93, I-89, I-95, 293, 393,

Once all that is decided it comes down to a matter of a judge/jury deciding if their backstop was insufficient to protect from stray rounds leaving the range.

Nope. By raising the stakes to a felony, these suspects will take a plea bargain regardless of guilt or innocence.

Shooting in a developed or residential area may be legal depending on the distance from occupied dwellings, but to do it just to piss someone off is moronic.I live in NH on 11 acres and do some light shooting, but if I do it to the point of antagonizing the neighbors, there will be a warrant article on the next local ballot to forbid the discharge of firearms in the town! The jerkoff that posted he comes up from Ma. to do this in NH should just stay the fuk in Ma. Go do this in Andover...oh, that's right, they don't allow the discharge of firearms in town!!!!

everybody just use a wee bit of your rights ok? Jesus what is the point of moving to the sticks if you aren't going to make it sound like wwiii?
Shooting in a developed or residential area may be legal depending on the distance from occupied dwellings, but to do it just to piss someone off is moronic.I live in NH on 11 acres and do some light shooting, but if I do it to the point of antagonizing the neighbors, there will be a warrant article on the next local ballot to forbid the discharge of firearms in the town! The jerkoff that posted he comes up from Ma. to do this in NH should just stay the fuk in Ma. Go do this in Andover...oh, that's right, they don't allow the discharge of firearms in town!!!!

everybody just use a wee bit of your rights ok? Jesus what is the point of moving to the sticks if you aren't going to make it sound like wwiii?

I hardly live in the sticks. One corner of my property boundary line is the I93 right-of-way, I'm less than a quarter mile from Methuen Ma, and The commercial stretch of Rt 28 is walking distance. I have taken deer 3 out of the last 4 seasons from my stand, which is about 100 ft from my house. I just keep the shooting to a reasonable level, so as not to piss off the neighbors. Kinda like the Harley Owners, run straight pipes, race up and down the street in front of your abode...and the cops will be there daily.

scaled_1325081991_full_retard%5B1%5D.jpg

From what I read, it appears these guys pulled off 93 and parked on the side of the highway. Then they off loaded and set up their targets 87 yards from Route 93, facing the highway. WMUR has pic of the car being towed, the Eagle Tribune has some additional details.

It either way is just stupid there are plenty of good sand pits in NH to go shooting at. There is a great one in Concord less then 20 minutes up the road from where they were.

ballot to forbid the discharge of firearms in the town! .... Go do this in Andover...oh, that's right, they don't allow the discharge of firearms in town!!!!

How can I find out if my town has such ordinance? I sometimes plink in my backyard. So far no one complained, but I'd like to make sure I don't break the law.
Is there a way to check if firearm discharge is prohibited in a town without paying a lawyer?

A friend has had a long-running annual backyard trap shoot, on an annual basis.

One of the new neighbors was less than pleased. Local EPO said that it would not be a problem, especially if it was documented. He has local newspaper articles listing the winners (yes, it a slow news year) going back several decades.

Just for the sake of clarity, I'd like to point out that I do not know the the quote by xxxxxxxxx that I posted was the from the person involved in the actual incident!

Just seemed like a coincidence.

Last edited:
GOHN had a good article on this, site seems to be down

How can I find out if my town has such ordinance? I sometimes plink in my backyard. So far no one complained, but I'd like to make sure I don't break the law.
Is there a way to check if firearm discharge is prohibited in a town without paying a lawyer?
Your town can't pass their own ordinance (see post by JWPaolilliJr), but they can enforce the "Compact Area" state law. See RSA 644:13 and 159-B.

Way too much speculation until more facts are known. Like so many other threads, there is simply a rush to judgement and even speculation that one of the shooters may be a member of this forum. In all fairness there was a disclaimer post...still this is all gossipy old women stuff.

There are plenty of places to shoot in NH where no one is going to hassle you. Stay away from populated areas and interstates seems pretty simple to me. If these guys are in the clear they will make out okay, if their stuff is weak, then they best take a plea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read the artcle, based on the distances, and location. I believe that if these guys stick it out that it will rather difficult for the state to prove that case.

Exactly. Everyone shooting at MFLR is closer than that to a major city street, and not much further from I-93 and 293. The case will hinge entirely on the specifics. The police were even quoted as saying they didn't believe they shot across the highway, and that no one was in danger. Well if no one was in danger, it wasn't reckless conduct.

...and it wasn't XXXXXX, it was a different set of guys. XXXXXX shoots on private property.

Your name is "Quiet". Your avatar is the likeness of a person covering their mouth. Why don't you STFU and stop posting this guys business.

Last edited:
Your name is "Quiet". Your avatar is the likeness of a person covering their mouth. Why don't you STFU and stop posting this guys business.
?? Did someone ask you to tell me to stfu?
I'm sorry if I offended you, or someone else. Xxxxxx and I have pm'd about this thread.
Just for you, I'll go back and make some more xxxxxxx's
Are we ok now?
Thanks.

I'd like too see the area they were shooting in. What the hell kind of asswipe drives to a different state, and just parks on the side of the highway, and starts shooting back towards it?

WBZ just ran a report. 90 yards away from I-93. Shooting towards highway. No mention of berm or lack of. "Assault rifle" and sever other guns taken.

Back
Top Bottom