Boneheads target shooting just off I-93 in Manchester NH

90 yds from the road...Hmmmmm. This explains why I can't hit the 100 yd target, my 5.56 rounds must only go less than 90 yds. Learn something everyday. [thinking]

It shall be unlawful to:

discharge a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow and bolt within 15’
of the traveled portion of, or across any class I through V highway,
or from or across the following public highways (including the rights
of way): I-93, I-89, I-95, 293, 393,

Interesting that Route 16/Spaulding Turnpike isn't covered by that statute. [hmmm]

So, then, to the people who are saying "so what" to this;
Would YOU volunteer to drive by while some retard shoots towards you from 90 yards away? it's all fine until someone gets shot. Just because it MAY meet the legal definition of "OK to shoot here", (and I don't think it cold seeing as how they were shooting towards a highway), I think the cops should keep looking until they find something to get them on.

I think the cops should keep looking until they find something to get them on.

Again, we still do not have the whole story such as position/angles/backstop information and etc. But based off what we do have you would rather see this guy/guys get their weapons confiscated, heavily fined and possibly jailed for technically following the laws, but just happened to make a poor choice of location?

Would YOU volunteer to drive by while some retard shoots towards you from 90 yards away? it's all fine until someone gets shot. Just because it MAY meet the legal definition of "OK to shoot here", (and I don't think it cold seeing as how they were shooting towards a highway), I think the cops should keep looking until they find something to get them on.

Maybe the cops could set up a sobriety checkpoint while they are at it.....

Do you not drive on a Friday/Saturday evening/night because you have your panties in a twist over drunk drivers?

Oh great...advocating MANUFACTURING of charges.

Last edited:
So, none of you guys answered my question; would you drive by that if you knew it was going on? And I never said to manufacture charges, I said find something. Surely what they did can't be legal somehow.

So, none of you guys answered my question; would you drive by that if you knew it was going on? And I never said to manufacture charges, I said find something. Surely what they did can't be legal somehow.

depends on the facilities set up, I would and have been down range while people I know and trust have been shooting

that's more trusting than I'd ever be. Must be nice to have tight friends. I don't trust anyone that much.

If you are shooting with people you would never trust to that degree you might be shooting with the wrong people.

Think for a moment what kind of mind it takes to deliberately murder someone in cold blood. THAT is the person you need to avoid.

I just finished "Building" my 50 yard range up at the farm in Maine. We have 65 acres. Cleared some brush away for it, used some wood as a backstop. Nothing but trees for 1/2 mile behind it.

I remember when I was in college we used to hike up the side of a mountain to shoot our .22 rifle (this was in MA too!)

It really has NOTHING to do with trust. Or murder. Just too much of an opportunity for something to go wrong. If you are putting yourself in that kind of situation on purpose, you're just not that smart. With this situation, what kind of "facilities" do you think are there? The parking lot is the shoulder of an interstate highway. The people that live nearby called the cops because they are not used to the noise. We shoot in an area where the neighbors can hear, but they don't call the cops because it's a known shooting area. If it's true they were shooting towards the road, and only 90 yards away, that seals it.

So, this is the 3rd time I've asked, to the people flaming me because I think those retards SHOULD have been arrested: With the info given, would you volunteer to drive past that knowing what was going on?

And, yeah, shooting up against a hill or mountain, or into your back yard with a 1/2 mile of woods is fine with me, as long as you reasonably know there is nothing there.

It really has NOTHING to do with trust. Or murder. Just too much of an opportunity for something to go wrong. If you are putting yourself in that kind of situation on purpose, you're just not that smart. With this situation, what kind of "facilities" do you think are there? The parking lot is the shoulder of an interstate highway. The people that live nearby called the cops because they are not used to the noise. We shoot in an area where the neighbors can hear, but they don't call the cops because it's a known shooting area. If it's true they were shooting towards the road, and only 90 yards away, that seals it.

So, this is the 3rd time I've asked, to the people flaming me because I think those retards SHOULD have been arrested: With the info given, would you volunteer to drive past that knowing what was going on?

And, yeah, shooting up against a hill or mountain, or into your back yard with a 1/2 mile of woods is fine with me, as long as you reasonably know there is nothing there.

Arrested for breaking which law again?

Didn't I read a post last night from a guy who said he was going to do that today?

How can I find that again...

ETA:
Well, I can't find that post. IIRC it alked about how he was going to be shooting and his neighbor always reports him and the cops come and he invites them to shoot, and they decline and then he shoots more just to annoy them.

I *think* they said it was just across the border... I just can't find that post. LOL

First thing I thought of too. Funny coincidence, but I think that guy was more into archery.

that's more trusting than I'd ever be. Must be nice to have tight friends. I don't trust anyone that much.

So where do you go to shoot? Do you always go off into the woods all alone, how can you even say that you can keep an eye on everyone at a public range! Yeah it helps to pay attention and be alert, but crap happens and you can never just be sitting there scanning for threats.

Charles.

I just finished "Building" my 50 yard range up at the farm in Maine. We have 65 acres. Cleared some brush away for it, used some wood as a backstop. Nothing but trees for 1/2 mile behind it.

I remember when I was in college we used to hike up the side of a mountain to shoot our .22 rifle (this was in MA too!)

65 acres and only a 50yard range. Do you have one of those obscure Picasso properties?

Charles.

Relax Francis

Find something, anything...it is for the children right? Maybe obama can use NDAA on them. Was it smart? No, but being dumb isn't against the law. If it were you probably would have done 7-10 years already.

They looked to be less then 75 feet from an apartment complex I'm all for bashing cops for overreaching there bounds but they were 75 feet from the highway and 75 feet from numerous apartment buildings. All you need is one stray round into the highway and you'll have a huge mess of accidents with loss of life. Sorry I don't feel like getting shot because some moron doesn't want to pay 10$ to use the gun range.

So where do you go to shoot? Do you always go off into the woods all alone, how can you even say that you can keep an eye on everyone at a public range! Yeah it helps to pay attention and be alert, but crap happens and you can never just be sitting there scanning for threats.

Charles.

I think I was responding to someone who said he'd trust his friends to shoot while he was downrange. I took it to be literal. Did I misinterpret that?

They looked to be less then 75 feet from an apartment complex I'm all for bashing cops for overreaching there bounds but they were 75 feet from the highway and 75 feet from numerous apartment buildings. All you need is one stray round into the highway and you'll have a huge mess of accidents with loss of life. Sorry I don't feel like getting shot because some moron doesn't want to pay 10$ to use the gun range.

Omg omg omg BRP is within 200 feet of a condo complex a church and houses and other residential dwellings!! Call the cops and hope the cops can jack all those evil gun owners up for not breaking the law!

I'm when your driving by and you see those morons within 75 feet of the highway that your driving on you'd be pretty pissed if the possibility of being shot by a moron with no common sense

I'm when your driving by and you see those morons within 75 feet of the highway that your driving on you'd be pretty pissed if the possibility of being shot by a moron with no common sense

So bullets stop somewhere between 75 and 200 feet?

I don't care where you or any one else shoots, I shoot in the woods on land owned by my sister in law I know there's 40 acres that are empty I shoot at a backstop in a safe direction. All I'm saying is I don't want to be driving down the highway one day and take a shot to the neck because some guy doesn't want to spend 10$ to shoot at a public range. This isn't just stupid it just outright makes us look bad, how do you think its a good idea to park your noticeable black SUV 5 feet off the road then shoot 50-75 feet away from it in the direction of the highway. Along with there was an entire apartment complex behind them, I physically drive past this debacle and saw 5 cruisers storming the area. I don't think they should go to jail for it because no one was hurt but I do think they need a boot in the ass for not thinking, or practicing safe firearms rules.

I don't care where you or any one else shoots, I shoot in the woods on land owned by my sister in law I know there's 40 acres that are empty I shoot at a backstop in a safe direction. All I'm saying is I don't want to be driving down the highway one day and take a shot to the neck because some guy doesn't want to spend 10$ to shoot at a public range. This isn't just stupid it just outright makes us look bad, how do you think its a good idea to park your noticeable black SUV 5 feet off the road then shoot 50-75 feet away from it in the direction of the highway. Along with there was an entire apartment complex behind them, I physically drive past this debacle and saw 5 cruisers storming the area. I don't think they should go to jail for it because no one was hurt but I do think they need a boot in the ass for not thinking, or practicing safe firearms rules.

Who said I thought this a good idea? First what law was broken? So far all I have heard is ban it I do not like it. Arrest them I do not like what they were doing.

Do you not drive because people may be drunk? Not go swimming because you could drown? You face this risk even at ranges. Negligent discharge. Stray shots. All you have to do is look at the awnings at Braintree Rifle and Pistol. Do you live in bubble?

What law was broken?

Back
Top Bottom