Boneheads target shooting just off I-93 in Manchester NH

So, none of you guys answered my question; would you drive by that if you knew it was going on? And I never said to manufacture charges, I said find something. Surely what they did can't be legal somehow.

really dude? my sarcasm meter may be broken today ---edited -Derek

I'm ashamed for you

Maybe it was the few years that I left New England that opened my eyes , but for the last 3 years, almost my shooting was driving off the road and shooting. A few times a week I'd be driving in my car, hear gunshots and look to the right (or left) and see guys shooting in a field against a natural backstop. Never felt "unsafe". I have however been at shooting ranges that I felt "unsafe" and packed my stuff and left

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're driving along and see some guys shooting at you with rifles, is it ok to shoot back? (Stand your ground is still in effect for now, afaik)

These guys pretty much deliberately put people's lives in danger shooting in the direction of a highway from 75 feet away. Would you rather see 70 car pileup after stray bullet from moron hits people in the face in the car? Would that be a better news headline you'd like to see?

These guys pretty much deliberately put people's lives in danger shooting in the direction of a highway from 75 feet away. Would you rather see 70 car pileup after stray bullet from moron hits people in the face in the car? Would that be a better news headline you'd like to see?

That would be an actual crime, unlike what happened here.

If you're driving along and see some guys shooting at you with rifles, is it ok to shoot back? (Stand your ground is still in effect for now, afaik)

It's ok as long as you pull over to the opposite side of the road and shoot from there.

They looked to be less then 75 feet from an apartment complex I'm all for bashing cops for overreaching there bounds but they were 75 feet from the highway and 75 feet from numerous apartment buildings.
And you ascertained this distance how, exactly?

I can't imagine how you'd panic at the sight of a rifle range in Switzerland that I saw photos of. They actually shot across the highway, from one hillside to the other.

I don't know what law or if a law was broken, but seems to me there must have been one. You cannot tell me that shooting towards a highway, and that close, is breaking no law. Public Endangerment? Obviously, if no law truly was broken, they will be let go. So be it. But, I still think there should be some repercussions.

I don't know what law or if a law was broken, but seems to me there must have been one. You cannot tell me that shooting towards a highway, and that close, is breaking no law. Public Endangerment? Obviously, if no law truly was broken, they will be let go. So be it. But, I still think there should be some repercussions.

we endanger the public every time we get behind the wheel of a car but the police are not out there charging every driver with public endangerment.

I keep seeing 75 feet 200 feet etc. being thrown around but according to the news report it was 86 yards.

You are conflating with emotion again. Still on the "I disapprove, arrest them! On anything! They did something I not like!"

Again: what law was broken?

Last edited:

I linked to the law they're charged with breaking:

Section 631:3 Reckless Conduct.
631:3 Reckless Conduct. –
I. A person is guilty of reckless conduct if he recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another in danger of serious bodily injury.

Whether they actually broke that law can only be determined by the facts of the case, which we don't know. It's entirely possible to shoot safely that close to a highway and endanger no one.

ETA: from the photo of where the police cars are parked on the WMUR story, the highway is pretty elevated. It might be physically impossible to shoot a car on the roadway there, from where they were shooting.

Last edited:

I. A person is guilty of reckless conduct if he recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another in danger of serious bodily injury.

Whether they actually broke that law can only be determined by the facts of the case, which we don't know. It's entirely possible to shoot safely that close to a highway and endanger no one.

ETA: from the photo of where the police cars are parked on the WMUR story, the highway is pretty elevated. It might be physically impossible to shoot a car on the roadway there, from where they were shooting.

I drove through at around 4:45 on Saturday, saw Suv parked maybe 200ft at tree line from highway. Anyone justifying what these reckless a**holes did, should be called out. If they were shooting near their vehicle, IMHO they absalutely could have hit people,backstop or no backstop. This was negligent, reckless and just because nobody was injured or killed does'nt make it ok. would anyone on this forum go to the range with these idiots;answer be "F**ck NO!!"

So, this is the 3rd time I've asked, to the people flaming me because I think those retards SHOULD have been arrested: With the info given, would you volunteer to drive past that knowing what was going on?

And, yeah, shooting up against a hill or mountain, or into your back yard with a 1/2 mile of woods is fine with me, as long as you reasonably know there is nothing there.

So we are going to arrest and charge people for crimes that "MAY" happen?

I drove through at around 4:45 on Saturday, saw Suv parked maybe 200ft at tree line from highway. Anyone justifying what these reckless a**holes did, should be called out. If they were shooting near their vehicle, IMHO they absalutely could have hit people,backstop or no backstop. This was negligent, reckless and just because nobody was injured or killed does'nt make it ok. would anyone on this forum go to the range with these idiots;answer be "F**ck NO!!"

that is a big If. do you know it was their SUV parked near the tree line? do you know where they were shooting and what the back stop was, do you know their level of expertise with the weapons they were using?

I was on that highway as well, I drove past them as well and I agree they out numerous people in danger.

I was on that highway as well, I drove past them as well and I agree they out numerous people in danger.

I thought you said they were 75 feet from the highway, and 75 feet from multiple apartments. Now you're agreeing with the guy who said they were 200 feet away.

Face it: you don't have a clue where they were, where they were shooting, or if they had a proper backstop.

We aren't supposed to punish people in our society for what "could happen". There's movies about that kind of "future crime" bullshit. In order for a crime to have been committed the state should need to show an actual victim who suffered actual damages.

This whole concept of locking people up because they were stupid (which it appears these folks were) and someone *could* have been hurt is asinine. You really don't want the .gov to have that type of power, because they'll use it in ways that you probably won't like later.

Sorry, missed it. I guess TYKE did, too. I also know the stretch of road. Yeah, it may be an impossibility to hit the traffic, but, IMHO, it isn't. I'm sure the cops will figure it out.

Another one who is going to tell everyone how to do anything as long as it suits thier opinion and emotions.

Please stay in MasShitChusetts, Your way of thinking does not bode well here.

Haha funny. Who said I like Mass? Nobody got hurt so that makes it ok with you. Report was that they were facing the highway, would you get behind their targets if they're expert shooters? I never said they should prosecuted, but loss of license perhaps.

nope, the fact that they didn't break any laws makes it ok with me

I'm wondering if this one would fall under whatever law covers "no shooting at people". I'd love to see the layout of this shooting range. Thinking of highway layouts, this either could have been a straight shot across or physically impossible to ever hit a vehicle.

Thinking of highway layouts, this either could have been a straight shot across or physically impossible to ever hit a vehicle.

Check the topo: it's a good 30 feet down to the creek. (Brook, stream, whatever... my Southern is showing.)

One poster reported seeing their car parked 200 feet off the highway. If they weren't between the car and highway, then I would have to assume that they weren't putting their own car in danger, so those beyond it and actually on the road were in even less danger.

I'm not picking sides as I wasn't there. After reading some of these posts defending these guys a few of you need to ask yourself: Do you need a law to tell you what's right and wrong? Do you need a law to stop you from doing something that endangers you or others around you? That's why we have so many laws. Law makers know you're going to do stupid shit until they outlaw it. Let's bring common back to common sense...

They looked to be less then 75 feet from an apartment complex I'm all for bashing cops for overreaching there bounds but they were 75 feet from the highway and 75 feet from numerous apartment buildings. All you need is one stray round into the highway and you'll have a huge mess of accidents with loss of life. Sorry I don't feel like getting shot because some moron doesn't want to pay 10$ to use the gun range.
Have you ever shot in the woods? Shooting at gun ranges sucks donkey balls compared to plinking like a free man. Nevermind the 10 bucks, people move and buy land to shoot the fun American way.

I'm not picking sides as I wasn't there. After reading some of these posts defending these guys a few of you need to ask yourself: Do you need a law to tell you what's right and wrong? Do you need a law to stop you from doing something that endangers you or others around you? That's why we have so many laws. Law makers know you're going to do stupid shit until they outlaw it. Let's bring common back to common sense...
were they endangering others?

were they endangering others?

I know I certainly cannot say they were or weren't for certain, I wasn't there.

What I can say is I would not have felt "conformable" shooting outside, facing the highway.

Again,, without seeing the land, I don't know for certain but just facing in the direction of the road would have made me look for somewhere else to shoot

Back
Top Bottom