• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bodycam footage shows Park Police office fatally shooting D.C. teen in back inside car as he tried to drive away - after cops found him asleep

Reptile

NES Member
  • Dalaneo Martin, 17, was shot five times in the back after he was ambushed by police while sleeping in a car on March 18 around 9am
  • Police believed the white Hyundai Tucson was stolen because its ignition was 'punched out'
  • The shocking footage showed four officers plan a sneak attack on Martin before creeping into the backseat and attempting to arrest him before he drove off

What the f*** was that mess !! These cops are f***ing idiots. Sneaking in and opening the car door, how about f***ing knocking on the window?
Or what has already been said. Box the car in.

Murder. The cop in the back seat should be charged with murder.

If you take the end of the video alone, starting from where he drives off, cops did absolutely nothing wrong. It’s a kidnapping inside of a vehicle that could become a death trap if it gets to high speed.

However, you can’t just take that one part out of context. The police procedure for making contact and entering the car was extremely …sub-optimal.

Considering the context, I suspect that the cops thought he was totally nodded off on drugs. Cops find people parked, totally passed out and unresponsive at the wheel all the time. Except this time he was suddenly very responsive.

Tbh, best to let a lawyer figure out if it rises to a criminal offense. There’s some nuance here. Probably a wrongful death civil case to be had, probably not a murder charge. IANAL.

Nothing short of murder. Might be an argument for premeditated murder because they should have considered what might happen. Regardless, someone's getting a boat load of money when the law suites are filed.

Once I heard the stupidest plan I’ve ever heard in my life they lost me. Four cops and not a f***ing brain between them.

Someone else already said it why not just block him in with their cars or chock his tires while he’s still asleep. With all the shit going on today these morons want to show their ass to the world for some kid sleeping in a car. Enjoy prison for the rest of your lives.

He did not see the gun pointed at him
From the command "stop or I will shoot" was 1 second

I feel like the after shot probably changed since body cameras
Now they pretend they care and render aid to try and "save" the person they shot
I doubt that was as enthusiastic before they were on camera even if protocol was to do it

Interesting that the guy had pepper spray hanging from his pants. I have not seen a male with pepper spray like that IRL

Back
Top Bottom