• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bob's Tactical in Salisbury has re-opened!

I just called Bob's Tactical and was told that they have re-opened the range. He said they're still undecided on hours of operation, but someone is usually there until 6 or 7 pm. If anyone else, who is a bit closer to the owner, could post more information it would be helpful.

It's about time!

I may have to take a trip up there this weekend to blast their new backstop a little!

I was there yesterday. Range is fully operational.

Yee-haaaaaa!!!

Most of "the regulars" are still there. They've cleaned the place up really nice, and have started filling the gun cases. Range price has gone up a bit, but it's still a bargain all things considered. The ranges were being difficult yesterday (only three were working when I was there), but lighting is better than it was before (now there's damning with faint praise to be sure, but...) [wink]

They're getting back up to speed. And life is good.

I was there yesterday. Range is fully operational.

Yee-haaaaaa!!!

Most of "the regulars" are still there. They've cleaned the place up really nice, and have started filling the gun cases. Range price has gone up a bit, but it's still a bargain all things considered. The ranges were being difficult yesterday (only three were working when I was there), but lighting is better than it was before (now there's damning with faint praise to be sure, but...) [wink]

They're getting back up to speed. And life is good.

Fercryingoutloud they spent a gazillion dollars and took over a year to get the place up and running and the ranges still don't work consistently? Sheesh.

Chris

My wife and I drove up from H20ville today, and it was a great place. Homey, but functional. Ed was very friendly and we really like the place.

I'm bringing my wife up to speed on firearms and getting her use to the ones in the house.

Took my old M940 and new(ish) Glock 27. She hated the 940 and loved the Glock. Shot mostly 9s at 21 feet.

Not bad for someone that's only been shooing a couple of times before and with .22 ;)

RJ

Chris,

I've been back a couple of times since my last report. The ranges are working MUCH better now, and the lighting is at least an order of magnitude better... The range is consistently lit up, and it's nice and bright.

And they allow rifles now. And are starting to stock the place like a gun shop.

Life. Is. Good.

Fercryingoutloud they spent a gazillion dollars and took over a year to get the place up and running and the ranges still don't work consistently? Sheesh.

Chris

Chris...they're still working on it - it's going to be a WIP for a little while, but it's greatly improved.

You're right Jay - Life is good. [wink] [smile] (just wish I wasn't working a gazillion hours so I could get up there to shoot!!!)

Hows the ventilation? There was another thread on here where someone
said the place was like a gas cloud in there (on the range) but I don't really know
the veracity of that.... or maybe they were talking about someplace else, I
forget.

-Mike

I'm the wrong guy to ask - I have no sense of smell, so unless I can't see the targets the ventilation (or lack thereof) doesn't bother me... [wink]

said the place was like a gas cloud in there (on the range) but I don't really know
forget.

-Mike

forget.

-Mike

It might have been Bob's - which, btw, is now Bay State Arms. The ventilation is better than it was.

Hows the ventilation? There was another thread on here where someone said the place was like a gas cloud in there (on the range) but I don't really know the veracity of that.... or maybe they were talking about someplace else, I forget.

-Mike

It was fine when we went up. No problems at all. Of course, there were only three of us shooting. [grin]

RJ

I heard that they may have pin shoots there. Anyone hear?

I heard that too. I don't know if they've come up with a starting date as yet tho. They're also planning on some leagues too. Not sure what the first one will be, but I heard those might start after the holidays since most can't commit one night a week for 10 weeks.

I know Jay...it's still Bob's to me too. [wink]

Just a reminder for those interested in pin and pistol shoots - they'll be starting up at Bay State Arms (formerly Bob's T.) after the 1st of the year. If you're interested - call 978-465-5561 for more info!!

90 Lafayette Rd. (Rte 1)
Salisbury, MA

Back
Top Bottom