Blue print Rem 700

It relates to perfectly matching the bolt to the chamber. "Blueprinting" b/c of the matching process, measurements taken etc...

It is one of many necessary steps to optimize the accuracy of a bolt gun.

To the OP, I don't know of any local places but can tell you Mel @ Sniper Central and Gradous down in GA are a few incredible rifle builders that come to mind that offer accurizing services.

Last edited:
I was thinking of sending it to GA precision but I really do not want to loose the rifle for five to six months.

I have a GA Precision rifle with another one on the way. I heard great things about Mikes Custom Guns
(508) 821-7621 who built a rifle for a friend. It turned out to be a real tack driver.

What does this mean, "Blueprinted"? I have a bench rest gun that is blue printed, but do not know what that is?

Dave

The phrase comes from engine building. A "normal" engine will have all its dimensions with a fudge factor. Eg, a piston diameter might be 54.4mm +/- 0.05mm.

A blueprinted engine would have all the dimensions as close to exact as possible. This is good for a race engine 'cuz it eliminates overlapping variation, so everything fits really really well.

For engines, especially race engines, it's useful because you can have a completely stock engine (by race rules) that runs better than any actual showroom stock engine. "completely stock" means "no modifications to stock as designed".

Back
Top Bottom